Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
That thing is going to sell - a lot.

It's also going to cannibalize the hell out of its bigger stable mate.

daveishere

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
UK
Why would you buy one now if you are expecting it to be updated pretty soon? Did you buy an iphone 4s last month?

----------

Is there much price difference between the a6 and a 32nm a5? If it has an a6 it would be more powerful that the current ipad

The post I quoted stated that they 'badly' needed a new iMac. If I 'badly' needed one (i.e. my desktop PC had broken), i'd buy one.

iZac

macrumors 68030
Apr 28, 2003
UK
Grade A rumour: iPad mini released on XX/XX/XXXX

Grade B rumour: iPad mini announced on XX/XX/XXXX

Grade C rumour: iPad mini event RSVPs released on XX/XX/XXXX

it's like a teaser for a teaser for a teaser :p

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
Wouldn't it be illegal for anyone at Apple to share this sort of information with a "major Apple investor." Both the investor and the person who told him could wind up in jail for insider trading couldn't they?

Our jails aren't exactly filled with people convicted of insider trading..... ;)

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
Our jails aren't exactly filled with people convicted of insider trading..... ;)
Nope, just with those who can decorate them (Martha Stewart).

What is sad is up until a few years ago Congress often did insider trading, but it was not illegal at the time.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
XzrrM.jpg

whitesand

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2011
Should just come out on stage and apologize for the disaster that is the iPhone 5.

Um.....They only broke all previous sales records...We really like our iphone 5...Slimmer, way faster loading apps, call quality is outstanding, ear buds finally fit my ears, LTE is extremely fast surfing the net...Picture quality of the screen is steller....

Shanpdx

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2008
Blazer town!
meeting the demand

with all the product still in manufacturing stage/pre-order stage, meeting the demand would be huge task ...

not just only US everywhere else too.

I think iPad Mini will use all the existing parts and very minimal new parts to achieve demand-supply equation.

Tim Cook was good in execution of the new iPad Availability - hope he does the same. I wonder why there is a delay in iPod touch though :rolleyes:

----------

Can someone rationally explain why one would slap $400-$500ish on an oversized iPod touch?

at the max it would start at $299 (if not at $249).

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Not going to happen. The "NEW iPAD" was released 7 months ago. Apple wouldn't push out a new product THAT quickly. At the same time, the Holidays are right around the corner.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
*Secretly hopes Apple will appease us artists by producing a product based on all those smart pen patents they've filed*

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Not going to happen. The "NEW iPAD" was released 7 months ago. Apple wouldn't push out a new product THAT quickly. At the same time, the Holidays are right around the corner.

Kind of like how the iPhone 5 was going to be called the "iPhone 6"?

Apple can do whatever they want. They are not bound by our attempts at injecting opinions and logic. "The New iPad" was simply a marketing term. It was not intended to mean that there can never be another iPad or one so quickly.

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
hilarious (when i read from AI first and here next).

I will get one if it with in the price ($299 to $349) range.

I wonder if Apple can pull all the sales in the next 12 weeks or so (for this quarter)?

remember the new iPod touch not even on sale yet.

I can guarantee the prices will start at $199. Anything higher than that they will be shooting themselves in the foot. This mini-iPad is direct competition for the Kindle Fire/HD which start at $149.99/$199.99. I can see it possibly starting at $249.99 but I think that prices to close to the iPad when the 16/32/64 memory options are taken into account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.