Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KendraPlanet

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Day 14 of BGC and still not done because the 1,100 population county I got a speeding ticket in hasn't STILL responded

Is it just verification of the offense? I live in a little podunk town and you can search arrest/summons/ticket info on a local site. Maybe not in the county you're talking about, but you never know.

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
Is it just verification of the offense? I live in a little podunk town and you can search arrest/summons/ticket info on a local site. Maybe not in the county you're talking about, but you never know.

It was speeding citation 9 miles over, $130 fine paid in 2011. I did a google search and found the info but per hireright Apple requires the clerk of courts to respond. It's 2 1/2 hours away and I may end up with a criminal record if I show up in person ;) JK on that last remark

KendraPlanet

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
It was speeding citation 9 miles over, $130 fine paid in 2011. I did a google search and found the info but per hireright Apple requires the clerk of courts to respond. It's 2 1/2 hours away and I may end up with a criminal record if I show up in person ;) JK on that last remark

HA HA - Sounds like Cletus and LuLu Belle may need to be bribed with Skoal.

Last edited:

crazysybil

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012

I'm willing to go with you

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
So I've been reading about some of the apple perks online just through various websites and I was under impression that the new employee discount is 500 of a Mac and 250 off an iPad but further reading said that those discounts are ON TOP of a 25% employee discount, once every three years of course. That's almost practically free if true lol

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
So I've been reading about some of the apple perks online just through various websites and I was under impression that the new employee discount is 500 of a Mac and 250 off an iPad but further reading said that those discounts are ON TOP of a 25% employee discount, once every three years of course. That's almost practically free if true lol

Yeah, not a bad deal for drinking koolaid all day .

You do have to work there 3 months before you get the big discount though.
So, basically make past 90 probation period.

JohnyAppleseed

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Salutations

Hi, I just submitted my resume to Apple and information on Wednesday. Can anyone tell me about how long does it take for Apple to contact you?

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Hi, I just submitted my resume to Apple and information on Wednesday. Can anyone tell me about how long does it take for Apple to contact you?

They will never contact you. Just kidding but seriously read the thread. It may seem like a lot but it's all useful information. Once they contact you you'll come back on here and ask what to expect, then what questions will they ask then what happens next....... Start reading it's for your benefit!

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
They will never contact you. Just kidding but seriously read the thread. It may seem like a lot but it's all useful information. Once they contact you you'll come back on here and ask what to expect, then what questions will they ask then what happens next....... Start reading it's for your benefit!

You can even do a search for specific things like interview questions and timelines.

Dachiz

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
I got my offer call the day my BC was completed. My recruiter told me my check was complete on the 3rd and I got the call the same day. She gave me the "verbal offer" then told me I would be making significantly higher than what was originally stated. (14.50) I will be receiving my final paperwork today. :D

----------

My BC took 2 business days from submission. To resubmission cause of bad phone number for an employer. To offer. Very quick process for me

witelance

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2012
Taos, NM
I got my offer call the day my BC was completed. My recruiter told me my check was complete on the 3rd and I got the call the same day. She gave me the "verbal offer" then told me I would be making significantly higher than what was originally stated. (14.50) I will be receiving my final paperwork today. :D

----------

My BC took 2 business days from submission. To resubmission cause of bad phone number for an employer. To offer. Very quick process for me

Congratulations, what class were you hired for?

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

That is true but only after 90 days of employment. It's the standard 25% until then.

mzfreshface

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2012
This whole waiting thing is gonna drive me insane lol..I have been following this thread since the day I applied 9/21..had my 3rd interview 10/1..BC was cleared and sent 10/3...Anxiously waiting on offer call, hopefully TODAY!! :)

KendraPlanet

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
This whole process has been so ... unusual and stressful.

8/24 Applied for FT posiition

8/31 Got a response asking for "essay" answers to questions. The training date start was listed as Oct 8.

I heard nothing back, so I assumed I wasn't a candidate.

9/11 Out of the blue, I got a call and email from a recruiter for my first interview. It went well. She said I'd hear something within two days about a second interview.

9/14 The first recruiter called me again and offered me a PT gig. Odd, since the first call focused on my being able to work FT. I had to decline (I can't afford PT work).

9/17 The first recruiter called again and said she had a FT position open and was forwarding my info to another recruiter.

9/21 Interview with second recruiter. It seemed to go well bu she asked me pretty much the same questions as the first recruiter. The training date start was now Nov 5. At the end of the interview, she told me she was recommending that I go further in the process and told me to await a interview scheduling email in the next day or so.

9/22 Email asking me to set up an interview and asking me to choose a date/time. It took me aback that all the dates were 2 weeks away.

9/25 I got an email asking me to fill out the official application (something I think a lot of you got after the 3rd interview but before the BC).

10/4 Interview with third person, who I thought was going to be a TL but seemed to be another recruiter (except for two general questions, he asked me the same questions as the first two -- no role play, no real tech stuff).

I have years of tech and customer service experience (and a "kill 'em with kindness attitude), but it strongly seems I've been in the "maybe" pile during this whole process.

And now I wait.

Last edited:

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
This whole process has been so ... unusual and stressful.

8/24 Applied for FT posiition

8/31 Got a response asking for "essay" answers to questions. The training date start was listed as Oct 8.

I heard nothing back, so I assumed I wasn't a candidate.

9/11 Out of the blue, I got a call and email from a recruiter for my first interview. It went well. She said I'd hear something within two days about a second interview.

9/14 The first recruiter called me again and offered me a PT gig. Odd, since the first call focused on my being able to work FT. I had to decline (I can't afford PT work).

9/17 The first recruiter called again and said she had a FT position open and was forwarding my info to another recruiter.

9/21 Interview with second recruiter. It seemed to go well bu she asked me pretty much the same questions as the first recruiter. The training date start was now Nov 5. At the end of the interview, she told me she was recommending that I go further in the process and told me to await a interview scheduling email in the next day or so.

9/22 Email asking me to set up an interview and asking me to choose a date/time. It took me aback that all the dates were 2 weeks away.

9/25 I got an email asking me to fill out the official application (something I think a lot of you got after the 3rd interview but before the BC).

10/4 Interview with third person, who I thought was going to be a TL but seemed to be another recruiter (except for two general questions, he asked me the same questions as the first two -- no role play, no real tech stuff).

I have years of tech and customer service experience (and a "kill 'em with kindness attitude), but it strongly seems I've been in the "maybe" pile during this whole process.

And now I wait.

Give it some time. It sounds like you have the perfect background. A mentor told us yesterday that the iOS support teams are manned but CPU still needs a lot of agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.