Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soulweaponry

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
White. Without a doubt. The black only succeeded in looking like every other android phone out there.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I have a white 4S. I bought my 4S in white because I thought the 4/4S design looked way better in white. And as much as I love the look of the white 5, I think I like black this time around.

I really love the black band around it. It looks like its made of lead. Should be enough time to make up my mind.

I have a year (until I upgrade) to decide if I want a white or black 5S.

Last edited:

mickiele

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2008
White body but with black screen or glass look best! Too bad Apple didn't give us that option.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
Thought the white was the better looking one. Bought it off Craigslist and quickly discovered that I preferred the black. Sold the white on Craigslist and got a black one today at an Apple Store.

D33170

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
I had to switch my white ip5 to a black one. The screen looks so much better with the black borders and I love how it blends with phone when it's off. Also the black is the exclusive color for the iPhone 5. If you go on the apple website and go to the phone carrier stores, they advertise the black one. Whenever I look at the white ip5s, it reminds me of the 4s.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
If you wanna look like batman on the street you will most likely never get a girl. Just a tip.

Never said anything about wanting to look like Batman. The phone looks like something out of Dark Knight.

Just as this camera looks like something out of Iron Man

Pentax-Optio-WG-2-Rugged-Digital-Camera-Red.jpg

...and i already have a girl.

Hellbringer0813

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2012
I prefer the white iPhone 5. I have both the black and white and the black is more prone to dirt unlike the white one. And the white one looks more classy

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
black slated is very stylish

white is more practical

that said, I'm not a very practical person

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The white one doesn't get as beaten up looking as the black. And the aluminum back is classic Apple.

ARSkemp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2011
I have the black. The reasons being:

- When running apps that are not updated for the 5, the cut off on the top and bottom of the screen is much less noticeable with the black.
- I like the daarker color scheme of the back much more than the white
- Even though there are reports of it scratching more easily, I like the black antenna band. This is what I was hoping for from the iPhone 4 and 4s. Also, when sitting both a black and white face up on a table, this is the only thing that makes an iPhone 5 easily discernible from a 4/4s at a quick glance.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
For those of you have seen both in person ( I haven't such a luxury just yet ) -- which do you prefer? Whats the overall consensus here?

Do you really care what others think? Asking what others find atheistically pleasing is like asking which peanut butter is better-crunchy or creamy, it doesn't matter one iota. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.