Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Ahh, but is there a reason you still lurk MR?
if you take any responsibility for your posts, and understand what accuracy means, you probably would stop assuming & making stuff up.

To the question, I _participate_ here because I currently own & use a lot of Apple products. Here are but some of them.

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.

Is the wifi a hardware issue?

Pretty aweful

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.

It was all going great and your post made sense till you get towards the end.

The 5s is flop?:confused: It will be released in September. I think?:confused::confused:
WTF?:D

jetlitheone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
It was all going great and your post made sense till you get towards the end.

The 5s is flop?:confused: It will be released in September. I think?:confused::confused:
WTF?:D

Lol. I clearly worded it wrong. I was just trying to debunk the rumor of an iphone 5S coming summer 2013. I think The cycle will stick to 11-13 months

----------

Is the wifi a hardware issue?

Pretty aweful

Idk honestly. I hope it isn't. Mine works fine. Just certain videos are so slow at loading but are fast on my iPad and such. Maybe a codec on the 5 is broken in ios 6

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden
Look. The iphone 5 is good.

Agree

It has problems such as wifi and such

Agree

but still an amazing innovative product

I don't really agree here. I don't see the amazing innovative difference between the 4S and the 5, and certainly not if you compare with features in the newest Android phones. (beside the in some cases fashionable modern expensive jeans-like "looks like it's been used for years, directly from the box"-finish).

The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek.

Agree

And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such.

Wait a minute. You mean to really enjoy the phone you should jailbreak your phone (possibly void your warranty) so that you can get the features that a much cheaper stock Android phone have?

Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.

How can you say that a phone that guess will release in 10 months is a flop?

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
if you take any responsibility for your posts, and understand what accuracy means, you probably would stop assuming & making stuff up.

To the question, I _participate_ here because I currently own & use a lot of Apple products. Here are but some of them.

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro
What's the point in having all those if you don't mind me asking?

S

syd430

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro

As your IT consultant, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have a bit of redundancy there.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Agree

Agree

I don't really agree here. I don't see the amazing innovative difference between the 4S and the 5, and certainly not if you compare with features in the newest Android phones. (beside the in some cases fashionable modern expensive jeans-like "looks like it's been used for years, directly from the box"-finish).

Agree

Wait a minute. You mean to really enjoy the phone you should jailbreak your phone (possibly void your warranty) so that you can get the features that a much cheaper stock Android phone have?

How can you say that a phone that guess will release in 10 months is a flop?

What innovative feature are you talking about that Android has? The reason I ask is that I really see nothing innovative in either market.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
What innovative feature are you talking about that Android has? The reason I ask is that I really see nothing innovative in either market.

s beam d00d and nfc ftw! big bigscreenzzz

yeah im with you.. i dont see what innovative things android has over it either.

Nale72

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2012
Sweden

Firstly, I didn't agree with the statement that the iPhone 5 was an amazing innovative product. Not compared to newer Android devices and not compared to the 4S. But if you do agree, please let me know which amazing new innovations that was introduced with iPhone 5. Apple Maps? Passbook, that might be of some use in the US, but don't know if anywhere else at the moment?

Maybe there haven't been too many amazing innovative features with Android either lately, but I believe that NFC is pretty innovative. Besides Android Beem/S-Beem you can transfer files between NFC devices. You can have NFC tags that makes the phone activate certain settings when you get in and out of your car, when you get home, when you get to work etc. Wireless charging. Wireles payments in the future.

Then there are things that many JB their iPhones to get: widgets, toggles for often used settings, interchangable keyboards, letting you choose default browser, camera, map service etc. And the feature I miss the most on my iPhone 5, the ability to just plug the phone into a computer with USB, making the phone memory a portable disk that you can use to drag and drop photos, music or other files to and from your phone.

VandyChem2009

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Houston, Texas
Firstly, I didn't agree with the statement that the iPhone 5 was an amazing innovative product. Not compared to newer Android devices and not compared to the 4S. But if you do agree, please let me know which amazing new innovations that was introduced with iPhone 5. Apple Maps? Passbook, that might be of some use in the US, but don't know if anywhere else at the moment?

Maybe there haven't been too many amazing innovative features with Android either lately, but I believe that NFC is pretty innovative. Besides Android Beem/S-Beem you can transfer files between NFC devices. You can have NFC tags that makes the phone activate certain settings when you get in and out of your car, when you get home, when you get to work etc. Wireless charging. Wireles payments in the future.

Then there are things that many JB their iPhones to get: widgets, toggles for often used settings, interchangable keyboards, letting you choose default browser, camera, map service etc. And the feature I miss the most on my iPhone 5, the ability to just plug the phone into a computer with USB, making the phone memory a portable disk that you can use to drag and drop photos, music or other files to and from your phone.

I'd say that passbook and NFC are about equal on the innovative meter. Both have great potential but are no where near utilized enough to call innovative. And as for S beam, that's about as useful at iMessage. If no one else you know has a Galaxy phone it's useless. However, to be more specific on what I meant, I don't really think either camp has been very innovative recently, because they haven't released anything that hasn't already been done before.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
He wants to let the whole world know of his collection. :D
Not really.

If you read the post it was in response to... (and I'm not being critical of you) you'd know why I took the time to list them. Accused of lurking, I was making a point.

I have no reason to brag, it's simply a matter of having the desire and the means to own the various Apple products of interest to me. It's not that big of a deal.

It's called overlap, as I buy the ones I'm interested in, use them, then either give them away (while keeping my favs) to family members, or resell them.

I will be the first to admit I am a tech addict, I get bored easily, and therefore like to have choices and variety. Especially since I work in tech, where if I was using only one laptop / tablet / smartphone it'd get dull really fast.

It's really as simple as that :D

Thierry ba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia

S.h.i.t.i.e.s.t iPhone ever. Period. It bends, for Gods sake?!? :rolleyes:

Ericcc

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2012
Montreal
I'd say that passbook and NFC are about equal on the innovative meter. Both have great potential but are no where near utilized enough to call innovative. And as for S beam, that's about as useful at iMessage. If no one else you know has a Galaxy phone it's useless. However, to be more specific on what I meant, I don't really think either camp has been very innovative recently, because they haven't released anything that hasn't already been done before.

You're not seeing as much innovation because the mobile industry is maturing. They're starting to run out of technologies to implement.

In terms of NFC vs Passbook, they're not remotely comparable. Passbook displays QR codes and organizes them. Ok fine. NFC is close proximity bi-directional communication, which is far broader and more powerful. Anything RFID, NFC can replace/impact.

iPhones will no doubt have it eventually.

greenchiliman

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2010
Chicago
99% of people outside of MR will think new iphone = better, even if it is 10% fast, lighter, whatever. Regular people just don't care if they have the best specs, just that it will work and they feel cool about it. Look at the Macbooks - has not led the spec dept in a long time. The MB Airs are just nice ultra books with the usual apple premium. People still love them, wont complain because they can check facebook and send email, they dont care.

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
I think this guy really thinks he's going to "stop" all the "whining" with this one thread. :rolleyes:

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
99% of people outside of MR will think new iphone = better, even if it is 10% fast, lighter, whatever. Regular people just don't care if they have the best specs, just that it will work and they feel cool about it. Look at the Macbooks - has not led the spec dept in a long time. The MB Airs are just nice ultra books with the usual apple premium. People still love them, wont complain because they can check facebook and send email, they dont care.

Have to agree with you. Most people out there just know that the new phone is better and all that, so they buy it without a second thought.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina

iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

iPad mini
iPad 2
iPad 3
iPad 4

11" MBA
13" MBA
13" MBPr
15" MBP
15" MBPr
17" MBP
2010 Mac Pro

Settle down hotrod. I was merely poking a little humor your way. You said, "There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S." It was intended to be humorous...but in retrospect I can see how it might have offended you. Besides, anyone that has more Apple products than I do can say whatever they want!

I have 3 macs, 4 iPhones, 3 Apple TVs, 2 iPads, 1 AEBS, 2 AEs, and 2 iTouches. But obviously you have me beat.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Settle down hotrod. I was merely poking a little humor your way. You said, "There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S." It was intended to be humorous...but in retrospect I can see how it might have offended you. Besides, anyone that has more Apple products than I do can say whatever they want!

I have 3 macs, 4 iPhones, 3 Apple TVs, 2 iPads, 1 AEBS, 2 AEs, and 2 iTouches. But obviously you have me beat.
My humor detector malfunctioned :)

I don't have you beat, I'm just a bit more obsessive with my desire to experience the various devices.

Cheers :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.