Lets all stop whining here...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jetlitheone, Dec 5, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Look. The iphone 5 is good. It has problems such as wifi and such but still an amazing innovative product. The specs aren't crazy but the performance is amazing, it's not quad core and such but it's simple and sleek. And with a jailbreak it'll be loads of fun to customize it and such. Also the 5s is a flop IMO. It'll be released in September I think.

2. macrumors 68000

w00t951

How is it in any way innovative?

3. macrumors regular

Because Apple said so in their ads.

4. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

I guess the point is, at the end of the day, it's a remarkable phone, but there're also other relatively good phones for Android and Windows Phone 8 as well. :cool:

5. macrumors 601

ixodes

Yes it is a good phone.

Too bad it's not the outstanding phone Apple's capable of building. Oh well there's always 2014.

By the looks of early leaks, the 2013 model remains crippled with Apples odd interpretation of a 4.0" display.

6. macrumors 68000

w00t951

It's a good phone, but in comparison to other phones (even older models, like the Galaxy SIII) it falters. There's a reason why I'm using a Galaxy Nexus after my iPhone 4 and 4S.

7. macrumors 65816

This is so random.

Anyways, the iPhone 5 is a good phone as all iPhones. But honestly after handling it and playing around with it, I'm still very content with my jailbroken 4S.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

I had the s3 and I've dreaded owning it. Lets not go there.

9. macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have the Galaxy Nexus. Let's go there. On my suspicion of you not owning an SIII, let's hear why you didn't like it.

10. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

And what is so terribly wrong with it? :confused:

11. macrumors 604

wordoflife

Besides a few, not that many people are whining. Some people actually have legitimate concerns and issues.

12. Guest

iPhone 4 still rocks...

Since I'm not in a situation where I need to replace my perfectly good phone, I want to see if Apple actually improves its products or takes baby steps.

I have to say, Android is looking good. It was pretty bad before, but it has come a long way, almost up to par with iOS.

Jobs was right, iOS was ahead of the competition up to 5 years. Five years is over now, that statement might not be true anymore.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

The phone itself felt cheap, like a toy, the earpiece for making calls (yes I make calls on a phone) was very loud but not clear whatsoever just blow Out sounding. I loved jelly bean but it hasn't been update on my carrier and the android ecosystem on everything but nexus is garbage. You buy a phone and you get an is that's 6 months old or won't get the next update... The phone also isn't as fluid as the iphone and the gaming on it is mediocre also the pentile display looks horrible for some things. But good for others (ill give it that)

14. macrumors regular

Apparently whining is if you spend hundreds of dollars on a brand new product that is already scratched before peeling the plastic.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

I think apple will be forced into a position to make a really innovate phone again. Maybe if someone comes out with a truly remarkable product that will crush the iphone. I love the new lg Optimus but I've not used it. The links 920 was supposed to be good as well. It sucked.

16. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Doesn't happen to the majority either.

17. irDigital0l, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012

My point was that Apple needs to stop thinking its invincible (oops, not invisible) and can just keep suing.

iPhone was truly innovative (Multi-touch display, powerful UI, etc.)
    iPhone 4 was a major step up (Retina display, iOS 4, cameras)

To be honest, iPhone 5 doesn't seem to be that major. Not sure if its because Android products are just getting a lot better or iOS 6 was lackluster or that there was no special feature or surprises at the event.

18. macrumors 604

wordoflife

That's also an issue, but some other major issues like bending are very concerning.

19. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

I agree. The iPhone 5 is just not as stunning anymore, but I think the upgrades are better than nothing. Apple needs to figure something out soon, and also stop with the mentality that their products are always superior to others. During the keynote, it was almost hilarious that they always said "The most advanced..", "The easiest way...", "Nothing like this on the market"...

If they continue at this pace, I want to see what happens in a couple of years....

20. macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Ahh, but is there a reason you still lurk MR?

21. macrumors regular

Breezygirl

From watching the threads here for a while I don't think the whining is going to stop anytime soon unless Apple at least makes an attempt to improve. It's only going to get worse.

22. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

What's more, people know the next generation iPhone wouldn't be that much of an improvement but they will still purchase it. Then,

They whine.

It's a vicious cycle.

23. macrumors regular

Breezygirl

And with good reason, I keep hoping they will once again try to be leading and inovative. So sad, they have many new followers and their loyal ones but even we are starting to die off. It's sad to watch really, Apple will be the death of themselves.

24. macrumors 6502a

Prime85

It's sad when a 6 month old phone is considered an older model

25. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

I know right? I watch every single one of their keynotes every year, the iOS department is really starting to falter. I think Mac OSX is still ok, their macbooks and iMacs are still quite decent.

Can't wait and see how Jony Ive is gonna change this. I think he'll need Eddy Cue's help with this one.