Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borostef

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Just FYI people, white has become the most popular color on cars worldwide. :) I believe it surpassed black this year. I read about it on an automotive site the other day.

I chose white because to me, white looks so... Premium. My iPhone matches my car too. White with chrome accents. Just has that premium look.

Oh and PS... I work with military and I see tons of Marines, Navy, Army and Air Force with white iPhones and they're far from 'girly' lol

That is because they tend to be cheaper, all cars are white first... It is the base paint... Then, after the base paint, they become black, red, yellow or whatever...
Nothing to do with choice of iPhone colour though...;)

LoloBond

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2011
I never liked the old white phones but the new ip5 looks awesome! Traded my black and I'm very happy with my white iP5.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
I always had black iPhones and wanted something different this time. The white is nice, but i'll probably go black to black on my next one.

jrasero

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
NYC
I chose White because I love how the white one is more shinier and it shows less scratches than the black one and I think it stands out more. So why did you pick black or white for your iPhone 5? Do you regret it and want to exchange it for another color?

I bought the white because after reading and viewing "scuffgate" victims posts, I noticed that more people had problems with the black and slate. The black's bezel when scratched looks horrible because the silver clearly sticks out from the black.

I personally like the black and slate look better but when it comes down to it I want a clean out of the box phone

either way even after exchanging my phone 4 times I still got a white one with 2 minor scratches on the silver bezel which you can't even notice. In the end I'd rather have tiny scratches I would have got anyway over time compared to battery problems or LTE problems, or screen problems

I have my phone in a Otterbox Defender case and while the case adds a lot of bulk I am glad I don't have to worry about dropping it or scratching it. Still sometimes I envy the people who go without a case. I tried that once with my iPhone 4 and on the second day of doing so I got two scratches on the glass back.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
I test drove this car last year before I decided on my x6, awesome awesome car.:cool:

Im jealous of you guys, my car is very dirty in that pic while you guys have shiny bmws :(

This is why I did not buy a black BMW because it gets dirty often and I have to clean it every day which is a pain in the a$$ and indeed it's a magnificent car.

I bought the white because after reading and viewing "scuffgate" victims posts, I noticed that more people had problems with the black and slate. The black's bezel when scratched looks horrible because the silver clearly sticks out from the black.

I personally like the black and slate look better but when it comes down to it I want a clean out of the box phone

either way even after exchanging my phone 4 times I still got a white one with 2 minor scratches on the silver bezel which you can't even notice. In the end I'd rather have tiny scratches I would have got anyway over time compared to battery problems or LTE problems, or screen problems

I have my phone in a Otterbox Defender case and while the case adds a lot of bulk I am glad I don't have to worry about dropping it or scratching it. Still sometimes I envy the people who go without a case. I tried that once with my iPhone 4 and on the second day of doing so I got two scratches on the glass back.

Me too, I was afraid of getting scratches on the black iPhone 5 which is more visible than the white and the black needs to be cleaned often because of the fingerprints. I'm still using my white iPhone 5 naked and it's still flawless! :D

ajohnson253

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
I usually go with black with my previous iPhones. After I heard of the scuffing with the black, the day after I picked up the black 5. I went to AT&T and exchanged for a white one. I grabbed it yesterday. This is my first time seeing white in person and I love it. It's different to me. I'm no female, I see nothing feminine about it.

It's all personal preference.

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
My iP4 was black, my 4S was white. I was originally thinking of sticking with white, but I ended up getting the black 5. I just like the blacked out anodization of it. Also it felt like something new. The white 4S and the white 5 look a little similar. I guess it felt a little fresher.

So far, only minimum chipping issues on the anodization.

richard13

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2008
Odessa, FL
White.

Why? I previously had a black iPhone 3G and iPhone 4, both of which were totally awesome looking. But to me the black iPhone 5 looks kinda boring and generic. Also, I'm not particularly enamored of the height adjustment Apple did on this model and the monochrome nature of the black model just accentuates this.

That's not to say I didn't consider the black model. It is pretty stealthy looking and I was on the fence at first. But ultimately the light silvery aluminum accents on the white model really won me over. Besides, I really wanted a change of pace with this phone purchase. :)

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
White.

Why? I previously had a black iPhone 3G and iPhone 4, both of which were totally awesome looking. But to me the black iPhone 5 looks kinda boring and generic. Also, I'm not particularly enamored of the height adjustment Apple did on this model and the monochrome nature of the black model just accentuates this.

That's not to say I didn't consider the black model. It is pretty stealthy looking and I was on the fence at first. But ultimately the light silvery aluminum accents on the white model really won me over. Besides, I really wanted a change of pace with this phone purchase. :)

Same for me man. I'm glad you are happy with your purchase :).

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I went and bought my Mom a white 32GB iPhone 5 the other day, which is the same color I would have bought myself had I not switched to Android ... the reason is the Black iP5 nicks and reveals the silver aluminum, and honestly the Black 5 just looks kind of cheap compared to the white one, just my opinion.

indiekicks

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
Not really loving the sexism in here. Women tend to get the white, so it's hands off for men? Grade school, much? :rolleyes:

I got the white but I struggled a bit to pick because the black looks very nice. For a while there, I really regretted not getting the black but I've come to appreciate the two tone look with my black case.

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
i chose black phone because the phone is all black and sleek..

btw just got lexus es 350

Attachments

• IMG_0099.jpg
    IMG_0099.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7043.jpg
    IMG_7043.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:

champagnepapi

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
I have the black one.

Like someone else here said, it reminded me of something out of Batman. My friend who works as a sea engineer recently came home and saw the iPhone 5 for the first time in person and said "Wow, it looks like a Batmobile!" I knew right and there I had done the right choice.

I think the white one is very pretty and therefor suits my girlfriend as she is too :)

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
I choose white, cus I like the white better.......

pretty much the reasoning of everyone... what a stupid question

TjeuV

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
Belgium
IF you choose a black iPhone because you think you'll have more authority with it ... then you're doing it wrong.

White for one simple reason: Because the first iPhones that arrived at my shop were white ones so i didn't have a choice.

And now that I have one, I'm very pleased with it. Whenever I see an iPhone in my neighbourhood or at uni, most of the times it's a black one so I'm fairly happy with the more differentiated phone, although there are millions of white ones but still ;)

and very happy with all the beamer owners here :D

Furifo

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
I chose black because in my opinion, it looks more sleek. I also like how the screen totally blends in with the black iPhone, especially in near darkness.

However, had I been forced to pick up a white one, I wouldn't have minded that either.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Easy, I liked the black one better. :)

Personal preference - pure and simple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.