Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:08 PM   #126
noiceT
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Catalina Wine Mixer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
So how does that work? You buy an app, download it, request refund, does the app lock you out after that?
Yes, I'm curious about this too. Is this from personal experience?
noiceT is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:22 PM   #127
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
I have never bought an app that didn't meet my expectations, nor do I buy apps that aren't specifically called out by review sites or don't have very, very promising screenshots. It's good to actually research and read about what you're buying. The only time I don't care is when it's a free app.

But I always leave a review when something isn't right. And developers usually find me via Google to follow up (which I find hilarious). Some of them give you promo codes for their other apps, and some even add you to their TestFlight thing. Really, if you don't like something, LEAVE FEEDBACK! It's useful for them, especially when you go into detail of what exactly you don't like.
I need a Office suit app, there's a lot out. Docs2Go, Pages/Keynote, Etc. I don't want to drop $10-$20 and find out I could have bought something better for less. Right now I use CloudOn, which requires Internet at all times and I can't have my phone tethered 24/7 without AT&T noticing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
Reviews!!! and How much does one pay for bottled water? pop? a Fast food lunch? many other wasteful things. think about the work involved in these apps I rarely feel I wasted .99 and on a $5 + app I read up on but still $5 even $10 you never went to a movie and left pissed because you thought it was a waste of time and money? Or other entertainment..
You can't compare wasting money on apps with food/drinks for survival.

I don't buy bottled water, I buy a gallon jug and carry it around with me. Soda, rarely drink and fast food I rarely eat. I tend to spend my money on things like working out, motorcycle, entertainment.

As for a movie, yes I believe I've wasted money and time for a movie or two.

I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to understand how the AppStore works with paid apps. What if a company like Sparrow gets bought out, no more updates, and what about all the twitter apps that Twitter acquired?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:11 PM   #128
ACardAttack
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
So how does that work? You buy an app, download it, request refund, does the app lock you out after that?
http://www.labnol.org/software/itune...refunds/13838/

----------

"Chronic-Dev 0xMAS is about to begin, and promises lots of green and red trees!!!!" tweeted by @p0sixninja
__________________
"Failure defeats losers; failure inspires winners" - Robert T. Kiyosaki
ACardAttack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:28 PM   #129
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
http://www.labnol.org/software/itune...refunds/13838/

----------

"Chronic-Dev 0xMAS is about to begin, and promises lots of green and red trees!!!!" tweeted by @p0sixninja
Thanks, looks like I'll stick to not buying apps.

And hopefully that tweet means something good!
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:46 PM   #130
kuwxman
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Olathe, KS
I've been saying for a long time that Apple needs to bring some of the jailbreak devs on board...or at least let them develop some of their tweaks for purchase/download through the App Store (LockInfo, Multifl0w, etc). That would benefit everyone.

Until then, I went over to Android for the time being as well. Trying out a Nexus 4 until my next iPhone upgrade is available. I was never one into jailbreak themes either, just tweaks. Saying that, I've got this phone to where it is comparable to my previously jailbroken 4S with a LockInfo style lock screen (thanks to LockerPro) and Multifl0w-ish style multitasking with Google's built in way of doing it. Running a Nexus device I also get free tethering (just like I had with MyWi). Sooo, I'm in no hurry to run back for the time being.
kuwxman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:19 AM   #131
Grolubao
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwxman View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Apple needs to bring some of the jailbreak devs on board...or at least let them develop some of their tweaks for purchase/download through the App Store (LockInfo, Multifl0w, etc). That would benefit everyone.

Until then, I went over to Android for the time being as well. Trying out a Nexus 4 until my next iPhone upgrade is available. I was never one into jailbreak themes either, just tweaks. Saying that, I've got this phone to where it is comparable to my previously jailbroken 4S with a LockInfo style lock screen (thanks to LockerPro) and Multifl0w-ish style multitasking with Google's built in way of doing it. Running a Nexus device I also get free tethering (just like I had with MyWi). Sooo, I'm in no hurry to run back for the time being.
Yeah, I was also tempted to move to Android, but honestly what do I gain? Because all of what it does I can already do having my iPhone 4 jailbroken. Intelliscreen X, and all other tweaks make the best of both worlds: a great app selection, plus the customization part.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
http://www.labnol.org/software/itune...refunds/13838/

----------

"Chronic-Dev 0xMAS is about to begin, and promises lots of green and red trees!!!!" tweeted by @p0sixninja
Yes, but I don't want all that hassle just to try out an app. Be it $1 or $10 I don't want to spend money on something that I'm not sure I will appreciate. So if I can download it with Installous try it out for a couple of days then I know if I want to buy it.

Bloons TD 5 was released and I knew immediately that I would want it because I love Bloons TD 4 so I just bought it without even trying it with Installous, but it's an exception.
Grolubao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:27 AM   #132
BlueRaider
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Android is the future for jailbreakers whether people are willing to admit it or not. I was the biggest iOS fanboy in the world beginning with the release of the original iPhone. As the time between jailbreak releases grew more and more the less enthusiastic I became about iOS. I can't stand using an iOS device without some sort of quick settings tweak in the notification center, tethering, 3G Unrestrictor (I know that most of these things are available on stock iOS now). I also became disenchanted with the physical design and hardware of the iPhone. I could barely discern a difference between my 4 and 4S in terms of performance. After playing with friends Android phones with 4"+ screens my iPhone felt inferior. I eventually ended up purchasing a Galaxy S3 this summer and I couldn't be happier. Everything I could do via Jailbreaking my iDevices I could do on the Galaxy S3. The big difference being that Samsung has no issue with it.

If you enjoy tinkering and tweaking your devices I encourage you to try out an Android device. The Galaxy Tab 2 and Nexus 7 are extremely affordable and extremely powerful devices. After purchasing my first Android device there was no turning back. No more waiting on people smarter than me to crack the OS so that I could use it in the manner I wanted made the switch simple.

I still check the dev's twitter feeds daily (as does everybody in this thread I bet) hoping for promising news on an iOS 6 jailbreak for my iPad 3. Hopefully p0sixninja is not full of **** and is actually close to dumping the A5/A6(X) BootROM's. That would insure jailbreaks for another couple of years and hopefully buy some time for new people to come onto the scene and keep it alive. Without another low level exploit I fear jailbreaking is close to death.
__________________
2012 15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6Ghz i7
iPad 3 16GB Verizon 4G
iPhone 3G, 3GS (Old BootROM), 4, & 4S
AppleTv 2
BlueRaider is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:29 AM   #133
throAU
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by super michael View Post
I see so I guess only time will tell if its possible or not and when it comes to waiting I am good at waiting. I know that Ipod touch 5th gen uses the A5 chip, lets hope that A5 device device would be able to jailbreak on IOS 6 and above.

I know these device uses A5 chip
Ipod touch 5th gen
Ipad mini (not sure)
Ipad 3, old device
Iphone 4s, old device

I hope that A5 device doesn't get left out on jailbreak and only A6 device gets jailbreak.
Doesn't matter so much which CPU is in the device, a jailbreak exploits a software/firmware flaw. If a flaw is found in iOS 6, there may be a jailbreak created to exploit it.

If no exploitable flaw is discovered, sorry but no jailbreak will be possible.

The ONLY way a jailbreak can happen, is if there is an exploit found in the running OS that a hacker can exploit.

Given that apple has put a lot of focus on security lately with gatekeeper (not iOS yes, but still an implementation of code-signing they will be getting real world data from), ARC in the development tools for more convenient / less easily screwed up memory management, etc - I wouldn't hold my breath. It may take quite a while, if ever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
There are only two or three serious hackers/developers working on ios jailbreak for the last couple of years: pod2g, musclenerd... Anybody else?

See, this is the thing. Someone WANTING a jailbreak, and working day and night on it is no guarantee of one coming out. If the exploitable flaw is not there, then nothing short of hardware hacking will jailbreak the device.

You can't just magically jailbreak a device that is set up to run signed code only. There needs to be an exploitable flaw.

With the iPhone taking off in business, business customers DO NOT want jailbroken devices. The ability to control data leakage outside of the company, maintain the security of your mobile device fleet, etc all depends on the device running signed code only.

Apple will certainly be cracking down on anything that looks like it might be exploitable.

A more likely way the devices will get broken these days is if someone leaks/steals the root code signing keys from within Apple. Then anyone could sign their own code with the root keys.
__________________
MBP (early 2011) - Core i7 2720 2.2ghz, Hires Glossy, 16GB, Seagate Momentus XT 750GB
Mac Mini (mid 2007) - Core2 Duo 1.8, 2gb, 320gb 7200 rpm
iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad Mini, HTC One (eval)

Last edited by throAU; Dec 19, 2012 at 01:39 AM.
throAU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:42 AM   #134
F123D
macrumors 68040
 
F123D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaider View Post
Android is the future for jailbreakers whether people are willing to admit it or not. I was the biggest iOS fanboy in the world beginning with the release of the original iPhone. As the time between jailbreak releases grew more and more the less enthusiastic I became about iOS. I can't stand using an iOS device without some sort of quick settings tweak in the notification center, tethering, 3G Unrestrictor (I know that most of these things are available on stock iOS now). I also became disenchanted with the physical design and hardware of the iPhone. I could barely discern a difference between my 4 and 4S in terms of performance. After playing with friends Android phones with 4"+ screens my iPhone felt inferior. I eventually ended up purchasing a Galaxy S3 this summer and I couldn't be happier. Everything I could do via Jailbreaking my iDevices I could do on the Galaxy S3. The big difference being that Samsung has no issue with it.

If you enjoy tinkering and tweaking your devices I encourage you to try out an Android device. The Galaxy Tab 2 and Nexus 7 are extremely affordable and extremely powerful devices. After purchasing my first Android device there was no turning back. No more waiting on people smarter than me to crack the OS so that I could use it in the manner I wanted made the switch simple.

I still check the dev's twitter feeds daily (as does everybody in this thread I bet) hoping for promising news on an iOS 6 jailbreak for my iPad 3. Hopefully p0sixninja is not full of **** and is actually close to dumping the A5/A6(X) BootROM's. That would insure jailbreaks for another couple of years and hopefully buy some time for new people to come onto the scene and keep it alive. Without another low level exploit I fear jailbreaking is close to death.
Pretty much exactly how I feel about jailbreaking/ios/android at this point except I purchased a Galaxy Note II. I do have an iPad but have no interest in jailbreaking it since I don't require as much from my tablet as I do my phone.

If/when a jailbreak does become available, how much time was spent/wasted on stock iOS and it won't be long until the next iPhone/iOS arrives. People will then either upgrade phones again or they're stuck on iOS6 waiting for a jailbreak for iOS7 before they can update. (which is funny because the main complaint I hear from (stock) iPhone users about android are immediate OS updates).
__________________
Jailbroken iPhone 3G -> Jailbroken iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy Note II -> Nexus 5
F123D is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:26 PM   #135
srf4real
macrumors 68030
 
srf4real's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: paradise beach FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaider View Post
Android is the future for jailbreakers whether people are willing to admit it or not. I was the biggest iOS fanboy in the world beginning with the release of the original iPhone. As the time between jailbreak releases grew more and more the less enthusiastic I became about iOS. I can't stand using an iOS device without some sort of quick settings tweak in the notification center, tethering, 3G Unrestrictor (I know that most of these things are available on stock iOS now). I also became disenchanted with the physical design and hardware of the iPhone. I could barely discern a difference between my 4 and 4S in terms of performance. After playing with friends Android phones with 4"+ screens my iPhone felt inferior. I eventually ended up purchasing a Galaxy S3 this summer and I couldn't be happier. Everything I could do via Jailbreaking my iDevices I could do on the Galaxy S3. The big difference being that Samsung has no issue with it.

If you enjoy tinkering and tweaking your devices I encourage you to try out an Android device. The Galaxy Tab 2 and Nexus 7 are extremely affordable and extremely powerful devices. After purchasing my first Android device there was no turning back. No more waiting on people smarter than me to crack the OS so that I could use it in the manner I wanted made the switch simple.

I still check the dev's twitter feeds daily (as does everybody in this thread I bet) hoping for promising news on an iOS 6 jailbreak for my iPad 3. Hopefully p0sixninja is not full of **** and is actually close to dumping the A5/A6(X) BootROM's. That would insure jailbreaks for another couple of years and hopefully buy some time for new people to come onto the scene and keep it alive. Without another low level exploit I fear jailbreaking is close to death.
This is a very well thought out post. Thank you..

however, no Android device will ever compare to a jailbroken Apple imo.
__________________
iSurf. For real.
srf4real is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:05 PM   #136
labman
macrumors 604
 
labman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mich near Detroit
I'm Afraid I'm eyeing s Android myself if Apple doesn't change it's game soon I'm thinking of taking a serious look at android! By Apple forcing this cat and mouse game. Just let me have my Jailbreak Apple and a few more bells and whistles on my iPhone. Samsung has allot of nice features and I'm not ashamed to say it. I'm getting excited to see the Galaxy S4 now.
__________________
IP4+Hackintosh Pro Joining AT&T PM me get $25 Dev-Teams Blog My TwitterCan I JB/UL my device Click here
labman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:39 AM   #137
F123D
macrumors 68040
 
F123D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by srf4real View Post
This is a very well thought out post. Thank you..

however, no Android device will ever compare to a jailbroken Apple imo.
The only problem is actually being able to jailbreak an iPhone.

I'd agree that jailbroken iOS is better than Android. However, Android is better than stock iOS. The cat/mouse waiting game which was fun at first has now become a hassle. It's been 3 months now. Everyone with an iPhone 5 has been stuck on stock iOS 6 for a quarter of the life of the OS.

Once the next iPhone/OS comes out. Are people not going to upgrade their phones or OS? Are they willing to play the cat/mouse game all over again? This is the part I've lost all interest in. I'd rather use Android than get stuck using a non-jailbroken iPhone.
__________________
Jailbroken iPhone 3G -> Jailbroken iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy Note II -> Nexus 5
F123D is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:41 AM   #138
Grolubao
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
The only problem is actually being able to jailbreak an iPhone.

I'd agree that jailbroken iOS is better than Android. However, Android is better than stock iOS. The cat/mouse waiting game which was fun at first has now become a hassle. It's been 3 months now. Everyone with an iPhone 5 has been stuck on stock iOS 6 for a quarter of the life of the OS.

Once the next iPhone/OS comes out. Are people not going to upgrade their phones or OS? Are they willing to play the cat/mouse game all over again? This is the part I've lost all interest in. I'd rather use Android than get stuck using a non-jailbroken iPhone.
Well, true, but on the other hand most stuff that will come on ios7 can easily be replicated in ios6 + jailbreak.

Even now with ios6, why on earth would I want to update my iPhone 4, lose jailbreak for what functionality?
Grolubao is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:08 AM   #139
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
http://www.labnol.org/software/itune...refunds/13838/

----------

"Chronic-Dev 0xMAS is about to begin, and promises lots of green and red trees!!!!" tweeted by @p0sixninja
hes talking about smoking weed...

they are all meeting in amsterdam.. im sure some work will be done about the jb.. but the comment about trees.. is about smoking trees. Red and Green buds

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by F123D View Post
The only problem is actually being able to jailbreak an iPhone.

I'd agree that jailbroken iOS is better than Android. However, Android is better than stock iOS. The cat/mouse waiting game which was fun at first has now become a hassle. It's been 3 months now. Everyone with an iPhone 5 has been stuck on stock iOS 6 for a quarter of the life of the OS.

Once the next iPhone/OS comes out. Are people not going to upgrade their phones or OS? Are they willing to play the cat/mouse game all over again? This is the part I've lost all interest in. I'd rather use Android than get stuck using a non-jailbroken iPhone.
well it hasnt quite surpassed the time it took the ip4s yet but yeah kind of a double edged sword.. sucks waiting for a JB..but with every jailbreak iOS becomes that much more secure.. thanks to jailbreaks we have the most secured mobile phone software out.
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:23 AM   #140
gpsouza
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lisbon
My guess is, because of the introduction of iP5 in China, the chances that we get other jailbreaker increases significantly
__________________
MBP 8gb ram 120 SSD iPad 3 32gb Wifi iPhone 5 16gb iPod Nano 6/7 gen
gpsouza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:54 AM   #141
ACardAttack
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by throAU View Post
Doesn't matter so much which CPU is in the device, a jailbreak exploits a software/firmware flaw. If a flaw is found in iOS 6, there may be a jailbreak created to exploit it.

If no exploitable flaw is discovered, sorry but no jailbreak will be possible.

The ONLY way a jailbreak can happen, is if there is an exploit found in the running OS that a hacker can exploit.
Doesn't there have to be a something in the hardware as well? Hence the A4 will always be jailbreakable (teathered at least), where the A5 is not so.
__________________
"Failure defeats losers; failure inspires winners" - Robert T. Kiyosaki
ACardAttack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:59 AM   #142
WordMasterRice
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
Doesn't there have to be a something in the hardware as well? Hence the A4 will always be jailbreakable (teathered at least), where the A5 is not so.
To an extent. The reason that the A4 is always jailbreakable is that they found an unfixable bug in the bootrom. Apple doesn't have the ability to patch the bootrom so it is always there. For everything after that they use userland exploits so it's all software. More than likely if they find a bug that works on an A6 it will also work on an A5 since it's all software at that point.
WordMasterRice is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:18 AM   #143
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
Doesn't there have to be a something in the hardware as well? Hence the A4 will always be jailbreakable (teathered at least), where the A5 is not so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordMasterRice View Post
To an extent. The reason that the A4 is always jailbreakable is that they found an unfixable bug in the bootrom. Apple doesn't have the ability to patch the bootrom so it is always there. For everything after that they use userland exploits so it's all software. More than likely if they find a bug that works on an A6 it will also work on an A5 since it's all software at that point.
right.. to expound more on that.. a4 and earlier are bootrom exploits and cannot be patched by Apple due to the fact that it is a hardware problem not software.
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:51 AM   #144
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603
 
Jessica Lares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwxman View Post
I've been saying for a long time that Apple needs to bring some of the jailbreak devs on board...or at least let them develop some of their tweaks for purchase/download through the App Store (LockInfo, Multifl0w, etc). That would benefit everyone.
The thing is, and as you should know as an Android user, is that customization rules above all. You would have the entire top 100 on both paid and free apps in the App Store just completely be customization related apps. It would hurt sales of games and apps alike. People who are blowing off thousands on coins will only blow that same money on themes and tweaks. Do you really want Apple to be paying a $100,000 check out to a guy who knows how to make clock faces? Who can make themed icons? And who uses a template? No.

And if you let one person do it, you have to let EVERYONE do it. And with as much crappy apps that are out there, it would be horrible, everyone would be trying to get a piece of the pie because it would be so easy to do so.
__________________
Have You Hugged Your Mac Today?
Daily Expressions | iMac G4 | Late 2011 13" MacBook Pro | iPod Nano (7G) | iPad Mini | iPod Touch (5G) | iPhone 5S
Jessica Lares is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:11 AM   #145
MuGeN PoWeR
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by labman View Post
I'm Afraid I'm eyeing s Android myself if Apple doesn't change it's game soon I'm thinking of taking a serious look at android! By Apple forcing this cat and mouse game. Just let me have my Jailbreak Apple and a few more bells and whistles on my iPhone. Samsung has allot of nice features and I'm not ashamed to say it. I'm getting excited to see the Galaxy S4 now.
yeah true. it looks like iPhone 5 will be my last iPhone!
__________________
13" MBA Mid 2013: 1.3Ghz Core i5 4GB RAM 256GB SSD | iPhone 5s 16GB Space Grey | iPhone 5s 16GB Gold | iPad 3 16GB WIFI White | iPod video 30GB Black | iPod shuffle 1GB
MuGeN PoWeR is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:31 PM   #146
dinggus
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Funny, I seen the Note 2 in person and it looks awesome. I told my wife it sucks owning all these Apple products, I'm scared to switch now. Haha.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:45 PM   #147
Dr Sam Beckett
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuGeN PoWeR View Post
yeah true. it looks like iPhone 5 will be my last iPhone!
same here unless they really up their game soon.
Dr Sam Beckett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:54 PM   #148
zone23
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2012
As an X android ROM developer flashing your phone isn't all that glamorous. Ya its fun right after you flash but then you feel the need to flash something else. Basically most users rely on others to do everything for them. If you switch to Android are you going to be able to add transparency to the ROM yourself? Are you going to compile your own ROMs, decompile APKs? Probably not. Then the bugs its the fix one thing break something else. Take it from a guy who worked on it for years, its not that great.

I'll add this too: its seems like android ROM development has really slowed down too. Certain devises get all the attention.
__________________
iPhone 5S 32GB; Macbook Pro 13" (Late 2011, i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD); iMac 21.5 (Late 2011, i5, 12GB RAM; 480GB SSD), 32gb Verizon iPad Air; AppleTV 3; 2TB Time Capsule; Airport Extreme
zone23 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:03 PM   #149
blackhand1001
macrumors 68030
 
blackhand1001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by srf4real View Post
This is a very well thought out post. Thank you..

however, no Android device will ever compare to a jailbroken Apple imo.
Umm, you do realize that android offers more customization than even a jailbroken ios device. the possibilities are literally endless as the source code for the entire OS is public. You can literally change anything you want in android. Theres also apk-tool that lets you mod apps without the source code and tons of other things. Heck most of what people jailbreak to get you can do on android without even rooting.
__________________
Macbook 2008
HP Dv7t - 2.53 ghz, 9600m GT, WSXGA+, 120gb ssd, 250 gb 7200rpm
Core i7 3770k, 8gb ram, 2x 120gb sdd raid0, 500gb hdd, GTX 460
Moto X Dev Edition (VZW) Nexus 7
blackhand1001 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:05 PM   #150
zone23
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhand1001 View Post
Umm, you do realize that android offers more customization than even a jailbroken ios device. the possibilities are literally endless as the source code for the entire OS is public. You can literally change anything you want in android. Theres also apk-tool that lets you mod apps without the source code and tons of other things. Heck most of what people jailbreak to get you can do on android without even rooting.
Like what?
__________________
iPhone 5S 32GB; Macbook Pro 13" (Late 2011, i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD); iMac 21.5 (Late 2011, i5, 12GB RAM; 480GB SSD), 32gb Verizon iPad Air; AppleTV 3; 2TB Time Capsule; Airport Extreme
zone23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So essentially, with the new larger screens, we end up copying competitors. Bobby Corwen Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 140 Mar 2, 2014 11:47 PM
General: Is it safe to say the Jailbreak scene is pretty much dead cymolia Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 30 Nov 2, 2013 10:04 PM
Are these essentially the same hard drive enclosures? Why the huge price difference? warvanov Mac mini 4 Feb 20, 2013 09:01 AM
Essentially all Non commitment phones from APPLE are unlocked note235 iPhone 7 Sep 22, 2012 05:09 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC