Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 2, 2013, 05:19 PM   #126
bzen
macrumors member

Hello 10.7!!!

Well, after swearing I would not take the time to downgrade, I was finally fed up! I'm now listening to music on 10.7. (This is the first time I have ever wanted/needed to downgrade an Apple application) . . .

The only difficulty I ran into was my playlists; I have lost all of them (or, I can't figure out where they might be stored). I did downgrade an empty library and then added my media file back into the downgraded empty library. I'm suspecting that this is where something went amiss. I just didn't want to loose the library with some mishap during the downgrade, so the library is fine but the playlists are not. Loss of the playlists is somewhat a pain, but nothing compared to dealing with 11.0.1. Good chance to go back through my music!

Thanks to all of you who posted how to get back to 10.7.

--Immy
bzen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:59 AM   #127
psg2000
macrumors member

Awful

It is
Slow
Buggy
Counter-intuitive
Freezes
Has the look and feel of 2006 software

I moved from Windows, a few years ago, to mac and one of the first improvements I noticed was the speed and response of iTunes.

I suppose the old adage of when you on the top of your game there's only one way to go: downhill...
psg2000 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:57 AM   #128
SprSynJn

You people must be using some other software I'm not using. Half the complaints here seem to be pulled out of yer arses.
SprSynJn is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:16 AM   #129
netdog
macrumors 603

Well I can echo almost all of PSG's complaints. With a large library, this software really is annoyingly slow on a 2010 Mini being used as a server and that shouldn't be the case.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:38 AM   #130
gwelmarten
macrumors 6502

iTunes 11 may be easier to see what to click on and how to use, but actually using it is just incredibly slower than in previous iterations.
gwelmarten is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 05:51 AM   #131
Thana6tos
macrumors newbie

Crap, I say.

Yes, it's crap. A friend did the upgrade and after what I say, HELL NO!!! My Cover Flow is gone. Thanks Apple, but NO!
Thana6tos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 06:52 AM   #132
Neverywhere
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprSynJn View Post
You people must be using some other software I'm not using. Half the complaints here seem to be pulled out of yer arses.

So we can safely say that on the other half of the complaints you agree?
Neverywhere is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:49 AM   #133
SprSynJn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverywhere View Post
So we can safely say that on the other half of the complaints you agree?
The other half I've read I cannot comment on because I don't use them. For me it's been nothing but an improvement. I'm mainly a casual Mac user though who only uses it for music and apps on iOS devices.
SprSynJn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 06:39 PM   #134
jesseluke
macrumors newbie

iTunes 11 is THE WORST !!!

I have now either called or written Apple customer support about things I use to be able to do with iTunes - there are now 8 - count them EIGHT things that they said I can not do any more.

WTF?!?!?!?!

I have purchased $1,000's of $$$ worth of music, videos, and content from Apple, yet I can not enjoy them the way I want.

THIS SUCKS !!!!!

I am a bartender and professional musician - i use iTunes all the time.

I AM PISSED BEYOND EXPLANATION!!!!!
jesseluke is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:08 PM   #135
globalist
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseluke View Post
I have now either called or written Apple customer support about things I use to be able to do with iTunes - there are now 8 - count them EIGHT things that they said I can not do any more.

WTF?!?!?!?!

I have purchased $1,000's of $$$ worth of music, videos, and content from Apple, yet I can not enjoy them the way I want.

THIS SUCKS !!!!!

I am a bartender and professional musician - i use iTunes all the time.

Yeah but they like, completely re-designed it, dude! Aren't you grateful?
globalist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:27 PM   #136
jesseluke
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Yeah but they like, completely re-designed it, dude! Aren't you grateful?
thanks for the laugh Globalist. I've been pulling my hair out for almost an hour trying to do yet another important feature that I used when I bartended. now - it's GONE !!!!!

time to give up on this.

These new Apple software upgrades are making it as redidiculous as a PC.
jesseluke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2013, 08:45 PM   #137
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
Quote:
Sounds like you might as well downgrade. Though it'd be interesting to hear what you can no longer do.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:02 PM   #138
BretJ
macrumors newbie

Quote:
These new Apple software upgrades are making it as redidiculous as a PC.
We are certainly getting there... with every new version there is no improvement, more like the opposite. I wonder where it will end up, but they do make new design for each version, isn't it great?
BretJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 09:51 PM   #139
jesseluke
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackilroy View Post
Sounds like you might as well downgrade. Though it'd be interesting to hear what you can no longer do.
I can no longer go to one of my various playlists & select 1,000 random songs to put on my iphone for that night. they are always sorted a certain way.
jesseluke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 PM   #140
Mr. Retrofire
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdog View Post
Am I the only one who hates iTunes 11?
Yes, probably.

I've two ex-girlfriends in my RL which i can hate if i've the time & nothing better to do.

If you must hate ones and zeroes (i.e. software like iTunes), then do it. Not my thing.

“Only the dead have seen the end of the war.”
-- Plato --
Mr. Retrofire is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:46 PM   #141
netdog
macrumors 603

How literal of you.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:08 PM   #142
SamIchi
macrumors 68030

I like the clean interface. I haven't had a problem with it and I have a fairly large library.

The center part where it shows the track length seems a little wierd, and out of place graphically. A few things here and there I needed to Google, but besides that I like 11.

I always leave it in "songs" view, which is pretty much like the old version. I never used cover flow.
SamIchi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:58 AM   #143
globalist
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIchi View Post
I always leave it in "songs" view, which is pretty much like the old version. I never used cover flow.
I take it you never used the hybrid view in the previous version? Anyway how is the "wall of songs" treating ya?
globalist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:00 AM   #144
weckart
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I am a bartender ...

A new job far away from alcohol, perhaps?
weckart is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:56 PM   #145
Trinity
macrumors regular

I don't like iTunes 11 but today it has messed up my music library downloading a bunch of music from iCloud that was already in the computer. And the worst thing is that it doesn't allow me to delete the duplicates so… I have downgraded to 10
Old Jan 13, 2013, 06:44 AM   #146
RSL
macrumors regular

After using 11 over the holidays and getting back to my mac with 10.7 it kind of feels like going from a stripped down version to full-featured "Pro" software.

I don't think I'll ever upgrade unless iTunes DJ comes back.
RSL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:01 PM   #147
DUCKofD3ATH
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprSynJn View Post
The other half I've read I cannot comment on because I don't use them. For me it's been nothing but an improvement. I'm mainly a casual Mac user though who only uses it for music and apps on iOS devices.
So you're admitting that your earlier comment was pulled from your arse. You don't know enough about iTunes to make such a sweeping assertion.
DUCKofD3ATH is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:08 PM   #148
JohnLT13
macrumors 6502a

I hated it at first, but after I learned I could get my sidebar back I love it.
JohnLT13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:27 PM   #149
DUCKofD3ATH
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackilroy View Post
Though it'd be interesting to hear what you can no longer do.
I haven't upgraded to 11, and here are the complaints from others that kept me from switching:

1. Can't use Cover Flow (I've got a large multimedia library and like browsing through it with CF).

2. Album art's missing in column view. Yet another aid to browsing that's gone.

3. Can't browse by column view when looking through Artists or Genres. I have more than 60,000 songs and don't want to waste time scrolling through a listing when it was much easier in 10.

4. Can't create multiple windows anymore.

And there are major problems with iTunes that DIDN'T get fixed:

1. Selecting movies and such for including on an iPod has always been a mess. I have 800 movies, but the default choice for adding to the iPod are based on how many are unwatched. I like to watch movies more than once, so why isn't "include checked" an option?

2. For podcasts, why doesn't the "Allow Auto Delete" option stick? It has to be selected continually or watched podcasts never get removed.

3. Why haven't they made it so the tags for movies and TV shows are fully editable? No Actors or Director or Short/Long descriptions fields. I have to use MetaZ to fill those in.

4. Why, after all these years!, has Apple STILL not fixed the ID3 tags so Classical music can be accommodated?

That's it for now....
DUCKofD3ATH is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:23 PM   #150
Mackilroy
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Mackilroy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKofD3ATH View Post
So you're admitting that your earlier comment was pulled from your arse. You don't know enough about iTunes to make such a sweeping assertion.
So are a bunch of the complaints here. Not all, but a large percentage. Apple has also listened to the complaints, restoring Display Duplicates and the sidebar with iTunes 11.0.1, to name two obvious things.

Quote:
I haven't upgraded to 11, and here are the complaints from others that kept me from switching:

1. Can't use Cover Flow (I've got a large multimedia library and like browsing through it with CF).
I hated Cover Flow. Odd they removed it, but perhaps that's the effect of Scott Forstall being gone.

Quote:
2. Album art's missing in column view. Yet another aid to browsing that's gone.
Presumably they figure if you want to see Album Art you'll use the Album view. I occasionally used this in iTunes 10 and before but mostly I kept it off.

Quote:
3. Can't browse by column view when looking through Artists or Genres. I have more than 60,000 songs and don't want to waste time scrolling through a listing when it was much easier in 10.
Then submit feedback to Apple requesting they add this back in.

Quote:
4. Can't create multiple windows anymore.
Was this really useful? When Apple first introduced it I tried it a few times. Didn't much see the point, not with iTunes.

Quote:
And there are major problems with iTunes that DIDN'T get fixed:

1. Selecting movies and such for including on an iPod has always been a mess. I have 800 movies, but the default choice for adding to the iPod are based on how many are unwatched. I like to watch movies more than once, so why isn't "include checked" an option?
It more or less is, if not overtly.

Quote:
2. For podcasts, why doesn't the "Allow Auto Delete" option stick? It has to be selected continually or watched podcasts never get removed.
Works for me. No idea why it doesn't for you.

Quote:
3. Why haven't they made it so the tags for movies and TV shows are fully editable? No Actors or Director or Short/Long descriptions fields. I have to use MetaZ to fill those in.
Couldn't say. Is this for imported video or what you've purchased from the iTunes Store?

Quote:
4. Why, after all these years!, has Apple STILL not fixed the ID3 tags so Classical music can be accommodated?

That's it for now....
Classical music's already accommodated pretty well, what's your problem with it? I've got a large classical library and no complaints.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store