Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yojimbo007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
Next iphone should have some radical features... An upgrade to camera= major disappointment .. Huge market share loss.
I hope they have not grown that stupid!

Now if they implement the finger print detection technology... Sky is the limit with what can be done. And that should be a serious game changer and differentiation!

No one cares if the cam is 8 or 13 mpix

I for one think a larger iPhone with old aspect ratio is the right product!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Boy, it sure does feel like Tim Cook tried to channel Steve Jobs and got connected to the Atlanta Falcons instead and learned how to snatch defeat in the face of a huge victory.

Things like upgraded components in new models should be a foregone conclusion. What's really NEW Apple. That's what people are wondering if you can do that anymore. I remember when Apple rumors use to be thought provoking and interesting.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
New rear camera? Yes yes yes..... take my credit card right away please :D (sarcasm)

There won't be much to see on the iPhone 5s. Some speed, few extra megapixels bump on the camera and that's it. Personalty i don't even care, am more interested on iOS 7 this year.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
New rear camera? Yes yes yes..... take my credit card right away please :D (sarcasm)

There won't be much to see on the iPhone 5s. Some speed, few extra megapixels bump on the camera and that's it. Personalty i don't even care, am more interested on iOS 7 this year.

I agree.

I don't think there's going to be a huge change hardware-wise with the 5S. iOS 7 and 8 will be key IMO - timing of the release and how much time Ive and co. has to put their stamp on it. The iP5 harware wise is great, it's the software that I think has a lot of people wanting (except those who simply want bigger screens).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
At a time that the competition is swinging for the fences in both hardware and software, a minor spec update for the 5S is not what I was hoping for.

smulji

macrumors 68030
Feb 21, 2011
I find it hard to believe that we will have nothing new in March or April and Apple back ends everything in Sept and Oct with their 3 major products (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini)

If they release the iPhone 5S in summer, makes me think we'll see the beta of iOS 7 revealed in the March keynote.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
I know it's still early, but if the camera is the most exciting feature of the 5S and iOS 7 isn't something more than an incremental update, I'll be forced to at least consider a Windows phone next.

bj3949

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Apple's gotta put a Stop to these "S"s.... The world is way too smart for that bS today. They need to put out something new & spectacular very soon to stay on top comfortably. Still my fav company on the planet though :)

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
Retina Mini will be pretty nice. I wonder what the price change will be if any? I don't think I can wait that long. I see a regular mini in my near future. :)

fertilized-egg

macrumors 68020
Dec 18, 2009
Meh...I want a bigger iPhone not the biennial 'S' moniker, would argue that the iPhone 4s and 5 have plenty enough CPU/GFX power.

Adding pixels on tiny lenses, sensors = pointless.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much faster the iPhone 5 feels than iPhone 4S. Or more precisely you begin to notice areas where the 4S feels slower than the iPhone 5. :(

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
A lot of complaining based on rumors in January. Seriously people? :rolleyes:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Eh - hardware at this point doesn't really grab me because I'm not a gamer and all the extra speed/etc is wasted on me (personally).

Give me a reliable phone with a good screen and decent camera.

The thing that is important to me is the OS.

And although I still have an iPhone 4s (disclosure - my primary phone is a Skyrocket now) - I find some of Apple's native apps poorly executed. And they feel like they've been sadly ignored for the most part save a feature or two.

For example - the native mail app needs a complete re-write. It's pretty bad.

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
A lot of complaining based on rumors in January. Seriously people? :rolleyes:

Well we either complain, get excited about a camera upgrade or this sub-forum dies since most of what's posted here is rumors.

MTL18

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
iOS 7

Everyone! Chill!

If the new iPhone is bound in the summer, and the next iPads are in the fall, then that tells you that a fully redesigned iOS is not out of the question. Brand new OS for brand new devices, both coming in the latter half of the year.

Big question for us is what fills the first 6 months? Won't be computers. Something new?

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I still don't understand what people mean by "radical features" an iPhone released this year should have?

What could they possibly add to the hardware that would be a "radical feature"?

iOS7 and 8 are where it's at - the 5S will most likely be like all other S models, spec bump, better camera and that's about it....which is fine because aside from something we've never had before (and no one has) - what else should they do?!

I'd say something dramatic like the fingerprint scanner will be implemented in the iP6.

----------

Everyone! Chill!

If the new iPhone is bound in the summer, and the next iPads are in the fall, then that tells you that a fully redesigned iOS is not out of the question. Brand new OS for brand new devices, both coming in the latter half of the year.

Big question for us is what fills the first 6 months? Won't be computers. Something new?

Mac Pros for starters - didn't Cook say they'd be coming out with one in March-ish?

We know Haswell will be late 2013, so its possible they could do a spec bump on the MBA and MBP lines earlier this year and save Haswell for next year - moving the laptop lines to a Spring schedule and the iPads to the fall.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Well we either complain, get excited about a camera upgrade or this sub-forum dies since most of what's posted here is rumors.

I have no idea what Apple is going to show us this year. It's January. This is one rumor. Yet people are acting as if this year is already a dud and it just started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.