Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
Nope, I get the options of which disk to boot from, select the USB partition that the installer's on and then get the circle with the line through it.

Does sound like the installer then. Did you make any mods to it other than what was put in the guide? Is the USB formatted correctly?

dannster

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
London, UK
Does sound like the installer then. Did you make any mods to it other than what was put in the guide? Is the USB formatted correctly?

I followed every step. Like I said before, I created a new partition but didn't format it... It loaded fine on my MBA but not on the mac mini

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
Any updates from the OP? An installer even without properly working video and sleep would still be amazing.

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I followed every step. Like I said before, I created a new partition but didn't format it... It loaded fine on my MBA but not on the mac mini

Hmm, dunno. Personally, I'd double check the board ID is present and redo the installer. The only thing I can think of that might prevent a boot on one and not the other ignoring a hardware failure is a board ID thing?

dannster

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2008
London, UK
Hmm, dunno. Personally, I'd double check the board ID is present and redo the installer. The only thing I can think of that might prevent a boot on one and not the other ignoring a hardware failure is a board ID thing?

How do I check the board ID's present?

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
How do I check the board ID's present?

On some of the files on the installer, (probably ones you replaced), make sure your Minis ID is present.
You get this info by typing into a terminal window........

ioreg -lp IOService | grep board-id

hack4rmwin

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
X3100

Hi Guys has anyone solve issue with QC/Qi using X3100 graphics ..... i am unable to watch any video including Youtube.

need your help badly

tpho

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2012
Hi Guys has anyone solve issue with QC/Qi using X3100 graphics ..... i am unable to watch any video including Youtube.

need your help badly

A lot of people have this issue. I don't think it will be fixed since you'd need a 32-bit kernel for ML or a 64-bit X3100 kext.

pgrif

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Eugene, OR

need your help badly

For Youtube you need to try to open a video and on the black screen right click.
Click on "Settings" and turn off "Hardware Acceleration". It should work now.

jackyu

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
I follow the guide,but in one step /system/library on USB no this file found:InstallableMachines.plist

after copy files and finally reboot from USB ,there is a stop sign and install failed

what may be the problem,bad mountain lion image?it is on a mid 2007 system

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
I follow the guide,but in one step /system/library on USB no this file found:InstallableMachines.plist

after copy files and finally reboot from USB ,there is a stop sign and install failed

what may be the problem,bad mountain lion image?it is on a mid 2007 system

Have you tried copying it onto the USB manually?.

jackyu

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2010
option can select usb which is say"mac base system",follow by immediate stop sign

I try restore the installesd.img directly to the usb drive,it read the usb a little longer time,and then also a stop sign

Last edited:

H2SO4

macrumors 603
Nov 4, 2008
option can select usb which is say"mac base system",follow by immediate stop sign

Then I'd suggest there is something wrong with the installer. Have a look at the dialogue between myself and Dannster starting at post #1220.

SSABELA

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Help

Hi guys!
I'm trying to update my MacBook to the 10.8.2 version but I do not understand very well the process. Should make all the process on the lion partition? And where do I find the Mach_kernel and the boot.efi?

Thanks for the help :D

Last edited:

ozrob76

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Brisbane
Mac Mini with x3100- Perfect

Hey great work on the development of this workaround! :D
Had a question on the listed models in the guide: You have listed Mac minis with x3100 > perfect- is that a typo?
'Cos I can't find any minis as having that chipset- just MacBooks?

Droidrage729

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Got to the step where you move the packages from the install dmg after formatting the 8gb USB. But it was mounting as base system still not an install dmg and the restore process was only like 2 minutes not ten lol I bailed at this process since it was obviously messed up ill try again maybe had a bad ml

pgrif

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Eugene, OR
installer

There is an installer. It's on the bit torrent sites and is called iUTAMacinhackV10b2.dmg. It makes the install easy.

ultron90

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2012
I live in the same country as the OP. And I'm pretty sure he's very busy since he's 17 and has a big exam this year. Just giving a heads up to you guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.