Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Just curious what exactly is the WiFi issue? I'm on 6.0 and I don't think I have any issues.

My 5 was replaced a month ago or so and it still exhibits the WiFi behavior. It only shows 2 bars usually for reception, but up/down speeds match that of my Macbook Pro and iPad so I guess it's nothing to worry about.

PJ.

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
It's my fault the JB hadn't come out yet, it is the first time I have wanted to JB thus creating the law of Murphy it will be longer than usual :p

When it does come is there a website I can look at to help me change the look of my os or is it fairly straight toward?

PJ.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Where's the GM!?

I just took this screenshot of the iOS dev center:
ScreenShot2013-01-25at44437PM_zpsb022035c.png

I want my phone to work on Monday!

Last edited:

acorntoy

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
But that way, I can't restore from my 6.1 backup...:mad:

Use Iphone Backup Extractor to download the contents of apps that are really important to you on your 6.1 backup. Install the apps fresh on your device.

Then use iPhone Explorer go to

iPhone>Apps and drag/drop the documents/library files that got extracted into the app, let it overwrite the files, and once you open your app again all your previous information will be on it :)

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Where's the GM!?

I just took this screenshot of the iOS dev center:

I want my phone to work on Monday!

I mean, you're not supposed to use beta's on your daily iPhone.

That said, Apple will have to release another beta or the GM before Monday.

They said LTE enabled via software before this coming Friday, so maybe we will just see a release of 6.1 to everyone on Monday?

Seems silly to release the GM on Sunday/Monday and then the same software a day or so later.

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
Seems silly to release the GM on Sunday/Monday and then the same software a day or so later.

With all the flak they've been receiving lately, if there's by some odd chance GM messes up installation and they decide just to send it off without testing....ooooh wouldn't want to be them.

They'll do GM then public.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
Something tells me it will all work out. They have billions of dollars and are always spending to assure their image is strong.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
With all the flak they've been receiving lately, if there's by some odd chance GM messes up installation and they decide just to send it off without testing....ooooh wouldn't want to be them.

They'll do GM then public.

There haven't been GMs for other .1 releases toy knowledge. I stand corrected.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
I don't want to do that "upgrade" to an older version of iOS because I fear it will cause bugs to manifest themselves due to 6.1 plist files etc. I'll back up m

HOLD THAT THOUGHT. I JUST LOGGED INTO THE IOS DEV CENTER AND BETA 5 CAME OUT. WTF APPLE, NO GM?!

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
I don't want to do that "upgrade" to an older version of iOS because I fear it will cause bugs to manifest themselves due to 6.1 plist files etc. I'll back up m

HOLD THAT THOUGHT. I JUST LOGGED INTO THE IOS DEV CENTER AND BETA 5 CAME OUT. WTF APPLE, NO GM?!

:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.