Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nednarm

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
U.K
good things. maybe the new tool will be called evad3r...... Where did you find out about the twitter account?

@Pod2g tweeted it a short while ago. I check my twitter about fifty million times a day so not much gets past me.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
pod2g ‏@pod2g
We (+ @MuscleNerd @planetbeing @pimskeks) are the @evad3rs. We don't take any donations ATM, please don't be fooled at donating to others.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
good things. maybe the new tool will be called evad3r...... Where did you find out about the twitter account?

iDownloadBlog got it wrong. The domain is indeed evad3rs.com, not 'evaders.com'. the latter is owned by some guy in Santa Monica, while the former is the proxy domain. I was about to ask that someone who follows them to see if they can snatch up evaders.com as well, otherwise someone else will, and would squat/troll, so they can mislead people looking for this team.

again, evad3rs.com is the proxied domain and should be the right one to go to..

BL.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

Interesting.

Well, they have today or tomorrow to do so. If it's not out by today at 4PM EST / 1 PM PST then it will be tomorrow.

Either way, the REAL release date we are concerned about is the public release. Apple could technically patch holes and reissue a new beta if the jailbreak dropped before the final release of the firmware.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Interesting.

Well, they have today or tomorrow to do so. If it's not out by today at 4PM EST / 1 PM PST then it will be tomorrow.

Either way, the REAL release date we are concerned about is the public release. Apple could technically patch holes and reissue a new beta if the jailbreak dropped before the final release of the firmware.

But they've never done that before. Also, I'm fairly certain the jailbreak team (currently seems like pod2g and planetbeing) would test and tweak their jailbreak on the 6.1GM, keep their mouths shut, and then release their jailbreak when 6.1 is released to the public.

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
But they've never done that before. Also, I'm fairly certain the jailbreak team (currently seems like pod2g and planetbeing) would test and tweak their jailbreak on the 6.1GM, keep their mouths shut, and then release their jailbreak when 6.1 is released to the public.

Yeah that seems the most logical thing for them to do.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
@Pod2g tweeted it a short while ago. I check my twitter about fifty million times a day so not much gets past me.

I figured that was the case.... I am like 1,000 something tweets behind on my timeline. Just havent had time. Need to set some time aside to get through that soon.

1Alec1

macrumors regular
Good!

Steve Jobs used to say that it's the post PC era, but without a PC, what's going to jailbreak your iPhone? :D

----------

Wait what? 3G unrestrictor lets you have an unlimited dataplan with your carrier? o_O

No, he didn't even say that. He means that with his limited data plan, he shouldn't be told what not to download over 3G. 3G unrestrictor removes blocked services, I'm guessing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.