Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
I remember one of my yearly camping trips on the Washington state peninsula I ran across some Candian kids setting up their campsite. They pulled up in a rusty brown van hopped out put up a flag pole and raised the maple leaf. I was piss drunk just 100 feet across the way let out a little giggle and sang the first two words then sat back as those kids finished the song LOL

We had a ball that day drinking my vodka and Schmidt and their Molson and tequila (coming back from Mexico) poor kids sure weren't the country types though they brought a double edged kindling ax with them to split the firewood luckily I had a sledge and a maul to show them the proper way to split a full log.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Have you looked into it? It's apparently not that difficult to obtain a visa being as it's a part of The Commonwealth.

Yeah it does look like a relatively easy country for the gf and I to move to, but our circumstances are all wrong unfortunately. She's still doing her ACCA and I'm in the middle of a growing business. 3 years at least before we could move.

Also we're just done with getting a partnership visa for the gf as she's originally from China. Really not up for facing another process just yet.

We are both really focused on living in Vancouver in the future, people there don't know how lucky they are!

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Yeah it does look like a relatively easy country for the gf and I to move to, but our circumstances are all wrong unfortunately. She's still doing her ACCA and I'm in the middle of a growing business. 3 years at least before we could move.

Also we're just done with getting a partnership visa for the gf as she's originally from China. Really not up for facing another process just yet.

We are both really focused on living in Vancouver in the future, people there don't know how lucky they are!

Ah, I understand the visa woes. (I'm an American, I emigrated to the UK 4 years ago. It was a pain in the ass I wouldn't want to repeat.)

Canada is lovely, very underestimated, but I've always thought Australia or New Zealand was more my style. :) For now, it's London.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Ah, I understand the visa woes. (I'm an American, I emigrated to the UK 4 years ago. It was a pain in the ass I wouldn't want to repeat.)

Canada is lovely, very underestimated, but I've always thought Australia or New Zealand was more my style. :) For now, it's London.

I never met an Australian I didn't genuinely like, maybe all that hot weather gives them an easy going attitude :D Brisbane is being touted by some Brit immigrants as the place to go on TV last week too. (I'm a cold weather guy admittedly though and always dodge the beach).

Why did you move to London from the States? We have a couple here who moved from Arizona to Edinburgh recently, young, mid 20s. My mind boggles as to why they didn't just move State.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I've always thought Melbourne > Brisbane. Victoria state has so much more character than Queensland. To me, of course.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
^ I reckon I'd quite like the Gold Coast but I don't know. Maybe I'll find out some day.

I never met an Australian I didn't genuinely like, maybe all that hot weather gives them an easy going attitude :D Brisbane is being touted by some Brit immigrants as the place to go on TV last week too. (I'm a cold weather guy admittedly though and always dodge the beach).

Why did you move to London from the States? We have a couple here who moved from Arizona to Edinburgh recently, young, mid 20s. My mind boggles as to why they didn't just move State.

Same here with Australians I've met. Though I'm a native Californian and I can attest that plenty of warm sunshine doesn't always mean an easygoing attitude. L.A. is home to some of the grumpiest people I've ever met.

I moved because I met me an English fella. :) We chose the UK instead of the US for a lot of reasons but mostly because I was in a better position to leave than I was to support an imported Brit. It's complicated. I don't regret it for a second, even if I am cold a great deal of the year here.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?

I like living in Canada, but I'm definitely wishing I could travel more. (That's the problem with having a job, and a house, and a mortgage... should have gone backpacking when I had the chance.) And Oz/NZ are the first two places on my list.

I love that this thread is still going!

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Hey screw you! ::grumble::

Bah! :mad:

;)

:D Bite me!

I like living in Canada, but I'm definitely wishing I could travel more. (That's the problem with having a job, and a house, and a mortgage... should have gone backpacking when I had the chance.) And Oz/NZ are the first two places on my list.

I love that this thread is still going!

Pffft, where ARE your priorities?! :p

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My friend from Toronto is visiting for the weekend..... she arrives today, and I'm crossing my fingers that she has a Coffee Crisp or two for me.:p

Last time she visited, she brought me some awesome Canada Olympic gear from The Bay.

It'll be nice to have another Canuck around for the weekend.:D

ohaithar

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2010
Elk Grove Village, IL, USA
633492552440829456-Canada%27s-Army.jpg

j/k =P

Canada is really a nice place. I've been to British Columbia, Ontario, and Nova Scotia. Full of nice people.

SoothingOne

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
I am American and I like Canadians.

----------

I really cannot say anything bad about Canada or Canadians. However, the French Canadians some are not very nice. I think many Canadians that are not from Quebec would probably agree with this.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.