Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
now i have 3 :D
449552C0-047D-48CB-8465-3939077C2BDF-450-00000038948D2B8F.jpg

costabunny

macrumors 68020
May 15, 2008
Weymouth, UK
Here it is

Rev A MBA

perfect for me as I am recovering still and cant sit at my desk for long.

:)

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 76

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Got this from work on Friday. Someone sent it to us months ago to see if we wanted to sell them. We decided not to but this never got sent back. Someone was clearing out the office so I decided to give it a new home. It's just the tripod by the way. You can use it with your iPhone & iPod as well as a small camera.

Attachments

• IMG_1007.JPG
    IMG_1007.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 86

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK) Laser Eye Surgery, just had it this morning.

Free for me thru the military, usually $4-5G's. 20 minute procedure reversed over 20 years of bad vision. Thank you modern medicine.

28Gauge

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2011
DFW

Free for me thru the military, usually $4-5G's. 20 minute procedure reversed over 20 years of bad vision. Thank you modern medicine.

Free? Good deal! I had Lasik about 7 years ago and I love it!!!!!

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA

Is that the same as LASIK? I'm contemplating it.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Is that the same as LASIK? I'm contemplating it.

In a way, they are similar. However, with PRK, you do not have the flap on your cornea. They straight zap the surface of the cornea itself. I think it's better than LASIK due to the fact that you won't have to worry about that flap popping loose. However, recovery time with PRK is much longer than with LASIK, because you basically have an open wound on the surface of your eyes. With LASIK, that flap acts as a bandage, reducing the time you'll be healing. So it's your choice.

Here in the military, they recommend PRK unless you have something going on with your eyes that would prevent it, at which they will recommend LASIK. I'll be honest, it's not a simple process. Recovery has a lot involved with it, and it is painful at times during the first week. The first week to a month can be pretty rough.

rubxz

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2013
A nike fuel band from apple, dead space 3 from best buy and a fitbit for my girl from best buy... All free!

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
Not technically free, but with rebate gift cards (thanks AT&T Uverse) and other gift cards and 30% off, a Dyson DC44. So far I'm very impressed. The primary reason for it was the fact that we live in a 3 story town house (or 4 if you count the underground mudroom/laundry that leads to the garage) this means lots of stairs that are a pain to vac even with the removable canister on our big vac, so they often end up being ignored. 20 minute battery life means I should easily be able to get all the stairs and then some.

tipman2000

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2009
not really free, but i traded a 13" macbook for a 15" macbook pro!!
more like a free upgrade! basically same computer but now I can play some games with the semi-decent GPU (9600GT). Old macbook choked on anything graphics related.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA

Is it just for active duty/veterans or can their dependents get it for free also? I've been thinking about getting eye surgery for years but like you said it cost thousands. How was the process?

----------

not really free, but i traded a 13" macbook for a 15" macbook pro!!
more like a free upgrade! basically same computer but now I can play some games with the semi-decent GPU (9600GT). Old macbook choked on anything graphics related.

Aw that's awesome! Where did you find a deal like that??

Highlander123

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012

How's this for Luck of the Irish: while walking to the store a couple of weeks back, what do I spy in a nearby field but an iPhone (3GS as it turned out), a couple of scratches but perfectly fine once I charged it up.

(Yes, I Did The Right Thing: I emailed the guy and offered to send it to him or have him pick it up. Turns out he had already gotten a replacement (I guess under Applecare) and said I could keep it. :D)

Cool bro, well done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.