Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Is it just for active duty/veterans or can their dependents get it for free also? I've been thinking about getting eye surgery for years but like you said it cost thousands. How was the process?

----------

Aw that's awesome! Where did you find a deal like that??

I don't think it's available for dependents because their whole reasoning for giving it to us for free is for when we are deployed and the **** hits the fan, it would be more dangerous if you had glasses and you were having issues with those instead of if you had better vision.

As for the process, PRK is taxing, involves a lot of work during your 3-5 months of recovery. My vision has been all over the place since the surgery, but that's normal. The surgery itself is quick and painless.

Highlander123

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
MacBook white 2008 2.1Ghz Core 2 Duo :

I got this one at work (APR in Holland). Woman bought a new 13" MBP and I transferred all her data (time machine back up)cwhile she could leave for 2 hours. She came and told me she wanted to leave the MacBook for it to be recycled (the HD died). I installed a new HD I had and got a new top case for it (still within the 5 year extended warranty) and sold it yesterday for a few hundred.

MacBook Pro early 2008 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 8400M 256MB:

I bought this one in trade for 3 magic mouses I had lying around. So basically free. I bought it broken (kernel panics at boot up). All it needed was a external drive with Lion to boot onto and than I skipped all the errors. A simple clean Lion install did the trick on the original corrupted 160GB HD. Sold it as well yesterday.

I made quite a few hundreds:cool:. I sold them because it would have 6 MacBook (Pro's) otherwise. ;)

I actually do this quite often. There are so many Mac's out there which are presumably broken, but not really. Easiest way to make some money IMO. I do this a lot. But these were 2 successful days.

Correction: I buy broken Macs and sell them in proper working condition. 99% of the time there isn't anything really wrong with it. Unless it involves liquid spill bla bla

Great work man...

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
iPhone 4s. I work in a high tourist area, person never came back to claim it. They left it on airplane mode, and locked. So it was the waiting game for a couple of week. Long gone now, to Canada.
156478_iphone-4s.jpg

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Got this from my grandmas house, has no need for it but I sure do! 20" or 23", not sure.

Attachments

• Dell-Monitor.jpg
    Dell-Monitor.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 71

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Heart Rate Monitor for my Garmin watch. Mine went out after about 2.5 years, and luckily I had a friend who had the same watch, but didn't use theirs. I was extremely happy to receive one.

Attachments

• 480300_10102035574708847_346848112_n.jpg
    480300_10102035574708847_346848112_n.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 85

SuperJudge

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2008
The Triangle, NC
BlackBerry Z10

z10-angle.jpg

BlackBerry sent my employer a pair Z10s to see if BES10 will work with our rather esoteric email environment. As a mail admin, I got one of them. I actually kind of like it. It's a real shame that there aren't more/better apps available. I would give serious consideration to using it as a daily driver phone.

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
large_39725_1323863130.jpg

I wanted a pair of On-Ears, and my brother was looking to get rid of these. Not the greatest sound quality by a long shot, but I can't complain for free.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Can't even begin to describe how thrilled with this I am.

img37662e.jpg

PowerBook G4 Titanium, 400MHz G4 with 768MB RAM and a 15GB Hard Disk.

Included are the box, protective plastics that the machine shipped in, two batteries, Getting Started book, software install and restore discs, Apple Product Guide fold-out from January 2001, product overview book, Apple stickers, the factory memory modules (should I wish to return it to stock) and all service receipts dating back to when the machine was new.

The machine is in very good condition. The paint is in great shape apart from the odd small mark near the hinge.

I'm in the process of servicing it, having charged up the incredibly depleted PRAM battery and injected some hinge oil into the two hinge pins and bushings. On a machine like this, preventative maintenance goes a long way.

Such a nice looking machine with a thin bezel. What are your plans for this machine? Will you use it for anything?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.