Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dulcimer

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Jeez, look at all the whiners on here. So what if there products are delayed? Problems occur, and at Apple's production scale, problems should be expected.

Besides, if this report is accurate, it only goes to show that Apple really is doing new things with their devices.

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
Iwork.. Oh do we still have that?

Aperture.. they forgot about

Shake..Binned

Pro Apps..No longer pro

Final cut server.. Binned

Mac Pro.. None existant in Europe

FCPX.. Not starting that off again!

Iphone... Has a very small screen!

Apple.. Soon to be a joke, so pull your $100billion finger out or get a new leader who can lead.

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
  • Mac Pro - Delayed (for years)
  • iTunes 11 - Was Delayed
  • iOS 7 - Delayed
  • iPhone 5S - Delayed
  • Retina iPad Mini - Delayed
  • Low-Cost iPhone - Delayed

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Macbook Air refreshing - Delayed
WWDC - Delayed
iSpaceShip - Delayed
iRadio Service - Delayed

Anything else?

Yeah, with all the worries about Tim Cook not being as visionary as Steve Jobs, it's ironic that what seems to be suffering most after making COO the CEO is execution.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I don't quite understand the point of pushing every major product refresh into the fourth quarter of the year.

Apple hasn't had a product announcement since October 2012.

Seven months without a product refresh (assuming WWDC is in June) is a long time to allow competitors (and analysts) to hound you.

This has to be corporate strategy, right?

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
I don't quite understand the point of pushing every major product refresh into the fourth quarter of the year.

Apple hasn't had a product announcement since October 2012.

Seven months without a product refresh (assuming WWDC is in June) is a long time to allow competitors (and analysts) to hound you.

This has to be corporate strategy, right?

One word.. Christmas or Holidays depending where you live!

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Surely any hardware they are planning to release in the next 6 months is already finished and undergoing rigorous QA testing as we speak while they iron out any manufacturing issues ahead of full scale production. No? Maybe that's why they have so many quality control problems.

HarryKeogh

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
How hard is it to print a bunch of "S"s with a Brother label maker and stick them on the corner of the current iPhone?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
He changes his own guess and so Apple is somehow late? :D

I'm guessing the iPhone 7 will come out tomorrow. If I get new information (or invent it) and change my mind about that, then Apple is late.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Do you have any proof that the 4S was "delayed" because of the Verizon iPhone 4?

I'm skeptical first because I don't see how it justifies a "delay", and second because the number of subscriber of a single carrier in a single country is insignificant to the total number of iPhones sold worldwide.

All U.S. iPhone sales don't even account for half the worldwide sales, and they're divided between 3 major carriers (now 4), plus some smaller carriers.

T-Mobile will probably get something like 5% of worldwide iPhone sales this year. So even assuming the T-Mo iPhone 5 could, for some arbitrary reason, delay the release of the iPhone 5S, it still wouldn't make sense to delay such a huge product launch for only 5% of your market.

Neither Apple nor Verizon came forward with that, that's just my guess, the moment Apple released the CDMA iPhone 4 in Feb I knew they won't release anything four short months after.

But in case of the 5s, if it's released in September it will be right 'on schedule'. Let me rephrase: I don't think Apple will reduce the cycle to 9 months and introduce the 5s in June, and I think T-Mobile has a lot to do with it. With T-Mobile, iPhone is available on every major carrier in the US, and perhaps they are counting on that alone driving sales for the next Quarter.

I could be wrong though, I hope I'm wrong, I would love for Apple to go to 9-month cycles and release a new phone every 1.5 years instead of every 2 years.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I want a Galaxy Note from Apple (iOS 8?). It don't know if I want to switch to Android yet. I have purchased every AT&T iPhone (Max capacity version) that was ever made in black. I can't see the iPhone 5S worth upgrading this time. I am starting to feel like those people in line for the iPhone in that Samsung commercial.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
In todays news!!!!

" Analyst backtracks on previous statement! "

Well isn't that a shocking occurrence. :rolleyes: Seriously who pays these peeps for their guesswork anyway ?

Last edited:

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I'm surprised that Apple has done nothing in the past 4 months and that there's no expectation for them to do anything for the next two months.

Don't they normally do something - anything - in the first half of the year? Like release a new iPad? Or reveal the iPhone or Apple TV? Or a new iOS SDK or new version of OS X?

frozzbite

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011
I am quite glad Apple is falling behind actually. It will give android an opportunity to shine and eventually lead apple to see how much they have fallen behind in innovation and simply keeping up with the times.

I don't know about many of you, but I have been getting really bored of my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2. I constantly think about which other iOS device would be a good complement to my life, but I can't help but be reminded that everything else does the exact same thing. iPad 4 is heavier, retina display doesn't really mean that much to me. iPad mini is nice, but the outdated processor just turns me off. Already the A5 is starting to lag a little in my iPad 2.

Call me iSheep, but here I am with money to throw at Apple but really nothing to buy. The worst is when I think about their upcoming products. Delayed? Same form factor? Similar designs? Marginal changes in iOS 7? I know I might end up buying them still, but for the first time in 4 years, in the month of April, I am not really feeling the excitement of things to come from Apple in the year ahead. Honestly, even the rumours looks boring.

But hey, at least Google I/O is coming up.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
I could answer that but I'm afraid it would be censored!!!! :p

Haha tell us. The mods r cool

----------

I am quite glad Apple is falling behind actually. It will give android an opportunity to shine and eventually lead apple to see how much they have fallen behind in innovation and simply keeping up with the times.

I don't know about many of you, but I have been getting really bored of my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2. I constantly think about which other iOS device would be a good complement to my life, but I can't help but be reminded that everything else does the exact same thing. iPad 4 is heavier, retina display doesn't really mean that much to me. iPad mini is nice, but the outdated processor just turns me off. Already the A5 is starting to lag a little in my iPad 2.

Call me iSheep, but here I am with money to throw at Apple but really nothing to buy. The worst is when I think about their upcoming products. Delayed? Same form factor? Similar designs? Marginal changes in iOS 7? I know I might end up buying them still, but for the first time in 4 years, in the month of April, I am not really feeling the excitement of things to come from Apple in the year ahead. Honestly, even the rumours looks boring.

But hey, at least Google I/O is coming up.

Have u jailbroke?

Yes iOS 6 is horrid ; remember all those people that were like "what's wrong?!! It's perfect ! "

Yah they were drinking the koolaid

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Apple Maps - premature!

Therefore, I'd rather hear about delays, than see faulty product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.