Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I am quite glad Apple is falling behind actually. It will give android an opportunity to shine and eventually lead apple to see how much they have fallen behind in innovation and simply keeping up with the times.

I don't know about many of you, but I have been getting really bored of my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2. I constantly think about which other iOS device would be a good complement to my life, but I can't help but be reminded that everything else does the exact same thing. iPad 4 is heavier, retina display doesn't really mean that much to me. iPad mini is nice, but the outdated processor just turns me off. Already the A5 is starting to lag a little in my iPad 2.

Call me iSheep, but here I am with money to throw at Apple but really nothing to buy. The worst is when I think about their upcoming products. Delayed? Same form factor? Similar designs? Marginal changes in iOS 7? I know I might end up buying them still, but for the first time in 4 years, in the month of April, I am not really feeling the excitement of things to come from Apple in the year ahead. Honestly, even the rumours looks boring.

But hey, at least Google I/O is coming up.
I guess go buy an Android phone if Apple is boring you so much...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Ming-Chi Kuo at his mac

Suddenly the 'predictions' all make sense !!!

infinite-monkey5.jpg

j/k ;)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
  • Mac Pro - Delayed (for years)
  • iTunes 11 - Was Delayed
  • iOS 7 - Delayed
  • iPhone 5S - Delayed
  • Retina iPad Mini - Delayed
  • Low-Cost iPhone - Delayed

Anything else I'm forgetting?

Yep no major updates for

iWork 09
iLife 11 (and a sad goodbye iWeb & iDVD)
Logic Pro
Aperture

Final Cut Pro X update (to address everything useful they removed from the superior FCP Studio 7 such as DVDStudio Pro, Soundtrack Pro etc..)

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Might as well wait till 2014 and just release the iPhone 6.

Totally skip the iPhone 5S!

I absolutely agree!

That way perhaps Apple will do the right thing and deliver a well tested relatively bug free phone.

Anything new is bound to have a few bugs, but Apple is the one company capable of keeping it to a minimum if they apply themselves.

frozzbite

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2011

haha I was waiting for a reply like that. Someone will always say that in reply to a post like that. the typical "buy android if you are not happy with apple. quit complaining"

Anyway, I just brought it up as a discussion point. I saw your post on having wider screens, you must have similar sentiments!

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
It's kind of hard to delay something that has 1) not even been announced yet, and 2) has no release date. I love new Apple products as much as the next guy, but all this rampant speculation gets so annoying. :rolleyes:

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011

Seriously, that's all you could up with to reply to a constructive criticism of a customer that is disapointed with Apple?

Yojimbo007

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2012
OS X 10.9 is probably delayed too if you expected an exact 1 year cycle. And the iTV, according to Gene Munster anyway.

Delayed? They have not even been announced yet.... How can they be delayed?

Wait..ummm.. I want an iphone6 in may.... But i hear it is delayed. Lol

----------

• iOS 7 - Delayed
  • iPhone 5S - Delayed

Delayed? They have not even been announced yet.... How can they be delayed?

Wait..ummm.. I want an iphone6 in may.... But i hear it is delayed. Lol

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
This is the same stock gaming that has been going on for years.

Every year a month or two before apple is expected to do something you get "analysts" who make up rumors and spin facts to rake in $$$ on the short term fluctuations in stock price.

Yes it may just effect a few cents, but if your firm is responsible for hundreds of thousands of shares and you have the ability to have your computer make thousands of micro-transactions per minute, you have a recipe for gaming the system which we have seen growing vastly in the last few years.

This is a microcosm, but its a naked example of how detached the economy has become from human reality, and this is just the beginning.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Amazingly, it seems Apple continues to operate in a vacuum. More power to them if they can keep it up, but an entire year and only an 'S' version just doesn't seem to cut it any more.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
Jeez, look at all the whiners on here. So what if there products are delayed? Problems occur, and at Apple's production scale, problems should be expected.

Besides, if this report is accurate, it only goes to show that Apple really is doing new things with their devices.

You must be living in LaLa Land - this is a key reason why Apple stock has taken such a beating since September. Apple is simply not delivering.

Under Steve Ballmer, Microsoft is thought to have had a "lost decade". My fear is that Tim Cook is headed in that same direction. Go read the list of REAL ISSUES and MISSES from Apple - that is not whining, it is reality.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
These publicity-whore "analysts" are are bright as some of the reporters at Digitimes. They are not even believable. It's not like fingerprint tech is cutting edge anymore. It's 2013.

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
None of it is 'delayed' because none of it officially exists. And saying Steve wouldn't allow this to happen? How do we know the iPhone, iPad or unibody MacBook weren't 'delayed' ...we don't because it's all just pure speculation based on opinion, rumour and zero fact.

This is just the media and analysts back-tracking already as the 5S was never coming in the Summer! It will land in October, exactly 12 months after it's predecessor as originally expected.

Newton70

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
Look, these delays are all relative since Apple hasn't announced anything. Nonetheless, it seems the perception is that Apple has taken its foot off the gas pedal somewhat...which, if true, is not a good thing.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Iphone... Has a very small screen!

I don't get this. Why does it need a bigger screen? Why do people want a bigger screens? The iphone screen size is perfect right now. Larger screened phones are uncomforatble to hold and don't fit as nicely in pockets.

And how are these things delayed? Unless Apple states a specific release date and then is unable to meet that date, you can't consider something delayed.

Last edited:

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
They need to get these production issues sorted out, this will be the 3rd straight quarter (at least) that's it's been a significant problem and it is certainly helping to keep the stock price depressed. If Apple can't make enough devices, someone else will step in and fill the void. Sure, these are still just rumors, but it doesn't seem unreasonable considering recent history.

j-hov

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2009
San Diego
Maaaan I was hoping the 5s would come out this summer as i'm up for renewal and my 4s is on its last legs :mad:

I still don't understand the people complaining about the mac pro refresh. Are there really that many people eager to throw $2,500 + on a computer? I'm way more interested in the macbook refreshes

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
  • iOS 7 - Delayed
  • iPhone 5S - Delayed

iWork - Delayed
iLife - Delayed
FinalCut Finallyworthadamn - Delayed
LogicPro X - Delayed

... there's a lot more, but why point out that the whole company has become a mire of innovation since Steve hit the dirt?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.