Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMcLovin

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2009
got the iphone 5, so I´m fine if it comes after the summer :) ..I can wait a couple of extra months, as long as it becomes great.

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
At least there is no delay in people moaning and complaining.
I am quite happy to wait for a finished product, it also delays the whining about
just released stuff.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
I don't get this. Why does it need a bigger screen? Why do people want a bigger screens? The iphone screen size is perfect right now. Larger screened phones are uncomforatble to hold and don't fit as nicely in pockets.

And how are these things delayed? Unless Apple states a specific release date and then is unable to meet that date, you can't consider something delayed.

Saying an unannounced product can not be delayed is, in the context of this thread, playing simple word games.

By your definition the Mac Pro can not be delayed since it has no introduction date. Any informed person would view it as delayed - or you could say outdated / languishing with older cpu and gpu and connections and....

How many years can software coast along without new features in a high tech environment before it is outdated or delayed or....

Your logic makes sense on some rumors (iWatch for example) but, IMO, does not make sense for many of the examples already stated here.

----------

At least there is no delay in people moaning and complaining.
I am quite happy to wait for a finished product, it also delays the whining about
just released stuff.

I think you are missing the entire point - while you continue waiting for that finished product the competition is moving forward at a much faster pace. A number of professionals have abandoned Apple in the high end video production arena after poor launches, incomplete software, dated hardware, "waiting" for updates waaaaay too long.

The world Apple lives in is about a "finished" product in a decreasing time frame.

----------

Look, these delays are all relative since Apple hasn't announced anything. Nonetheless, it seems the perception is that Apple has taken its foot off the gas pedal somewhat...which, if true, is not a good thing.

In some ways you have captured the essence of the concern - my term is that both the innovation trajectory and introduction trajectory have gone flat.

Increasingly serious doubts that Tim Cook can turn it around - that is why the stock market has soured on Apple - ineffective leadership that spends too much time apologizing and explaining all the missteps instead of PERFORMING.

Itpirate

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
NC
retina Iphone 5 no problem...
retina Ipad no problem...

Screen for the Ipad mini difficult to produce?....?....?

How does that makes sense?

absurdamerica

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
It's kind of hard to delay something that has 1) not even been announced yet, and 2) has no release date. I love new Apple products as much as the next guy, but all this rampant speculation gets so annoying. :rolleyes:

Read the URL of the site you're on man...

aerok

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2011
I don't get this. Why does it need a bigger screen? Why do people want a bigger screens? The iphone screen size is perfect right now. Larger screened phones are uncomforatble to hold and don't fit as nicely in pockets.

And this is all your opinion, not shared by many people. Don't make it a fact.

chadley_chad

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2004
Nottingham, UK
Yawn yawn yawn ... More chitter chatter about nothing of interest whilst Apple still fail to get their act together and bring out anything new or half decent! No wonder everyones jumping ship to Android and Windows ... WTF are apple doing in their shiny offices!!!!!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Seriously, that's all you could up with to reply to a constructive criticism of a customer that is disapointed with Apple?
I suppose I could have said email Tim Cook. Seriously people can b*tch and complain all they want but the only way to really have an impact is to vote with your wallet.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
This sounds like another way of saying, disregard my original prediction of early iPhone/iPad ship dates.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Amazingly, it seems Apple continues to operate in a vacuum. More power to them if they can keep it up, but an entire year and only an 'S' version just doesn't seem to cut it any more.

1) no confirmation from Apple of an iPhone 5S.
2) no confirmation from Apple on what will be in the new iPhone.

----------

They need to get these production issues sorted out, this will be the 3rd straight quarter (at least) that's it's been a significant problem and it is certainly helping to keep the stock price depressed. If Apple can't make enough devices, someone else will step in and fill the void. Sure, these are still just rumors, but it doesn't seem unreasonable considering recent history.

What exactly is the problem? What did Apple promise it would release in Q2 or Q3 that it hasn't delivered on?

Premium1

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2013
They should just scrap the iphone this year and focus solely on IOS. I mean if it is only an S upgrade anyway, the 5 would still be plenty to hold off those and get new buyers until the iphone 6. Now the stock would take a hit but I think with something special in IOS they could get it all back without having a new iphone this year.

chadley_chad

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2004
Nottingham, UK

As someone who's just jumped ship from the iPhone to an AWESOME Nokia Lumia 820, the reason why I did was predominantly for a larger screen (and more exciting OS, wireless charging, better display IMO).

Why do people want a larger screen ... well go hold a Lumia or S3 and see for yourself, or try using one for a few days then go back to a tiny 4" iPhone 5. As for size, even an S3 isn't that much bigger than an iPhone; and it's thin and light so fitting it in a pocket or holding it is NOT an issue. Your opinion is one thing, but to a LOT of others, other brands are looking far more enticing and it's one reason why Apple need to get their **** together quick because their market share is totally wiped out!

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Plastic colour coating? :confused:

Why not just use coloured plastic in the first place? Inject part, all done!

edit: I mean, if it's supposed to be for a low-cost iPhone, I don't understand why they would start adding extra steps that would increase the manufacturing cost. AFAIK the iPhone 3GS plastic shell had no coating on it.

osaga

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
So.....

1. production delays, yields blah blah
2. talk of bigger screens
3. new push button part for something
4. talk of colors
5. fingerprint scanner
6. IOS 7 !!!
7. September unavailing, a full year since the last one.

IPHONE 6 anyone?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Do you have any proof that the 4S was "delayed" because of the Verizon iPhone 4?

Of course they don't. They just can't fathom that Apple wanted to move the iPhone to the Fall so they did. And went ahead and launched Verizon cause they knew the next model was several months away.

Just like with T-Mobile, just like with the 128 GB iPad

ntwrkd

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2013
So in other words new iPhone 5S and cheap iPhone 1st quarter 2014?

Why not just wait until Apple announces it before you all start to speculate?

Will be interesting to see what Apple does next year since now Samsung is coming out with two new phones, one with a 5.8" and the other with 6.3" screens, however having owned a Note II, I think anything over 4.7-5.0" is way too big
Yea, can't wait til Samsung releases a 10" phone....Stop the madness!

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I don't care when 5S gets released but the delayed release of 5S means delayed release of iOS 7, and this, I do care about. :(

It's not delayed. Kuo had no proof that anything phone related was coming in the summer other than the preview of iOS 7 at WWDC, right on schedule.

He's pushing crap out to cover his own mistakes.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Jeez, look at all the whiners on here. So what if there products are delayed? .

Look at all the gullible folks on here. Half this stuff is total unconfirmed dreck and you are just lapping it up. It's ver possible that there is no retina mini planned for this year, no watch, no TV, no radio, no low cost anything. Just cause some analyst claims to have secret sources doesn't make it fact

----------

You must be living in LaLa Land - this is a key reason why Apple stock has taken such a beating since September. Apple is simply not delivering.

A beating that is mainly the analysts talking smack. Not actual sales etc

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Plastic colour coating? :confused:

Why not just use coloured plastic in the first place? Inject part, all done!

edit: I mean, if it's supposed to be for a low-cost iPhone, I don't understand why they would start adding extra steps that would increase the manufacturing cost. AFAIK the iPhone 3GS plastic shell had no coating on it.

We have no idea if this is what Apple is doing. My guess is this analyst isn't privy to Apple's manufacturing specifications.

thelink

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
Low cost iPhone? Are we still ranting and rumoring about this same ole stuff? I oughta just give you a hookinspa to the ablnoschism. Ya hear me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.