Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

!GS51!

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2013
The speed bump over beta 2 on my iPhone 4 is unbelievable! Just simple stuff like scrolling through the springboard, or the opening/closing animation in apps is all alot smoother. Loving it!

Well thats what ive been waiting for to jump to the beta 3 thanks for that brother.

Nin3teen

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2013
Central Florida
All installed now on my iPhone 4S.
Some noticeable things:

Darker fonts in Messages

Drop shadows for app font in folders

When you take a picture, the "wait" spinner around the shutter button is now a pinwheel.

Overall seems much smoother throughout the OS including app switcher.

Still no way to shuffle music by artist. In artists, you can only shuffle by album, and can't play an entire artist. Although I hear Siri has a workaround for this, haven't tried it myself.

.com button in Safari now hidden underneath the period button, spacebar lengthened.

Time will tell for the rest of the bugs I had in Beta 2.

darthraige

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2007
Coruscant, but Boston will do.
Can anyone tell me if the "X" button in Safari when closing a page is any bigger or easier to click instead of opening the page?

Seems to be the same size when the pages are fanned out to scroll through. I hate that it's on the top left side to X it out with my thumb, although, I do just swipe it to close.

----------

Yes, PLEASE!

It does. Flawlessly.

izimbra

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2005
seems a lot more stable beta 2 has been a nightmare to use
instagram still crashing though

thacube

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
Anyone else have an incorrect number of unread texts? I have had "11" unread texts since Beta 1, when in reality I have 0. I did a factory reset and restored my backup from iCloud and it still is happening, so must be something in the messages app

ridwan47

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2013
I predict that iOS 7 is going to be the Vista of Apple.

I hate the icons. They look like something out of an unpopular jailbreak theme. No class at all. Jony Ive needs to go back to working on hardware and then need to hire someone who understand software usability.

I really don't care if you guys think that skeuomorphism is not chic or hip anymore. It lends itself toward usability because user interfaces are for the "user", not the hipster wannabe designer. Usability sometimes requires a few compromises for a designers "vision".

Even these icons use skeuomorphism because without it, you would not recognize which is the phone icon.

See this article on what it is any why it can be useful.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeuomorph#Arguments_for_skeuomorphism_in_digital_design

That design philosophy is context sensitive where the look and feel is suited to the context. The current design language in iOS 7 is not context sensitive. It is harder to use for new users and is really boring visually IMHO.

Ahh.. Finally someone speaking my mind... I agree with ya bro... The iOS 7 icons are Mind-Numbing, Spirit-Crushing, Stomach-Wrenching, Soul-Destroying, Heart-Bleeding, Eye-Aching, Fugly, Inconsistent, Confusing.... Just Bad... :'(

sero323

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2011
I love the pupil dilation effect in the map's current location indicator. Idk if it was there or not lol

Halamire

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2009
Notes still has the bug where it shows an empty notepad even though there should be stuff on it

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
I think it's a bug. I'm guessing they should all have the shadow. If you start to pull up on Control Center you'll see the shadows are added, and as soon as I release Control Center they go away.

Pulling up Control Center dims the application behind it, so it may affect the visibility of the shadows.

In iOS 7, apps and their UI elements are procedurally dimmed when needed, as opposed to iOS 6 which used big translucent bitmaps to dim apps behind dialogs.

Halamire

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2009
Also noticed that my notification centre and control centre are no longer transparent

ClemyNX

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
I'm not happy about the font change. The old previous one was much better and in phase with the lightness if the OS. This one is a lot heavier like in iOS6. Quite angry they listened to people on this one...

Cancelled
Apr 14, 2008
I just thought the people who've been making a fuss about them would like to know. I actually like the icons and think they fit the new design as a whole. But I wouldn't be sad if there were no more black icons, but that's apple's decision, not mine.

If the icons are going to be changed, they could do it just before release. It's not a biggie. Let them get the function right first and let them spend time on the completely cosmetic things.

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
I think you young whippersnappers need a history lesson on UI design at Apple.

See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Mac_OS

Skeuomorphism has been an integral part of Mac OS since the beginning and it is part of the reason why people found it so easy to pickup and learn.

Did you notice how Microsoft copied the skeuomorphic isomorphic design of icons from Mac OS into Windows? Win 3.11 copied ideas from the early Mac OS and Windows 95 copied ideas from Mac OS 7.x This continued for some time into XP and Vista.

Skeuomorphism could be found throughout OS X from OSX 10.0 through 10.8.

Why do you think OS X is so easy to pickup? Why do you think new users have such a hard time with Metro? Why do you think so many regular people hate the ribbon interface? Why do you think people hate Office 2013? It is so damn flat.

I think the current designers at Apple that are pushing for flat and anti-skeuomorphism need to be fired before Apple begins another spiral of death we had before Jobs came back. Jobs is dead now, so they need to find a new visionary. Sorry but Tim Cook is no visionary. He is good at COO duties but a horrible CEO.

Apple has betrayed its DNA.

This reminds me of sidewalk prophet that yells at people walking by about their sins and the end of the world.

snowcrash

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Boston MA, USA
Very inconsistent transparency on backgrounds. Sometimes the folders and dock are clear, other times they are color matched but not transparent. On pano backgrounds with movement they are very transparent. One background even had no dock at all. Just floating app icons. Another had a slight transparency and a non pano background was just color washed out but not transparent.

I'm sure by final release it's going to be pretty slick. Wish I had better pano shots to use since the transparency in the folders and dock look pretty cool.

joyn6160

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Notice a new delete animation when I delete a photo. Not sure if this was there before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.