Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Casiotone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2008
I think they sped up the home screen/app switching transition animations. And I'm not talking about framerate (which does seem improved on my 4S) but the time it takes for the transition to complete.

filmantopia

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not happy about the font change. The old previous one was much better and in phase with the lightness if the OS. This one is a lot heavier like in iOS6. Quite angry they listened to people on this one...

I agree. Farsighted people need to learn how to see and stop messing with the beautiful elegant fonts! It should be an accessibility feature or an "over age 45 mode". ;p

yusssi

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
"Unable to check for update" Grrr, are the servers overloaded?

Mine is stuck on the same message for a while now, did u manage to download yet?

I changed DNS on wifi, no go, turned off wifi, no go. I am trying to not go through the 'erase and re-install' route......

I DO have the beta 2 on the phone btw... (feel the need to clarify this due to craziness read on line lately.... ;-)

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Notes still has the bug where it shows an empty notepad even though there should be stuff on it

Mines shows though

----------

Mine is stuck on the same message for a while now, did u manage to download yet?

I changed DNS on wifi, no go, turned off wifi, no go. I am trying to not go through the 'erase and re-install' route......

I DO have the beta 2 on the phone btw... (feel the need to clarify this due to craziness read on line lately.... ;-)

Just download it from the dev site. Problem solved

willryan42

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2009
Anyone else have an incorrect number of unread texts? I have had "11" unread texts since Beta 1, when in reality I have 0. I did a factory reset and restored my backup from iCloud and it still is happening, so must be something in the messages app

After updating to beta 3 i had a persistent "1" badge on messages, even after deleting all my texts. I think I received it during the update process which might have been the cause of it. I'm trying to restore now to hopefully get rid of it...

damit

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
Cant insert pin code

Hey guys, just noticed this HUGE bug in either mine and my girlfriend ip5's. After you shut down the device and you turn it back on, and says the SIM card is locked and you swipe to unlock it, just turns out the unlock screen does not show up! And if you try to call someone, the message to unlock will not appear again, the call just fails and returns to the home screen. I only managed to overcome this bug by taking the simcard with the phone on and put it right in, and then the little window showed up and I was able to put my SIM code. Then i just turned off the SIM code activation on settings! This is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE bug. Anyone experienced it?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Some quick things I've noticed:

...: Fonts are thicker
...: Fonts are thicker
...: Thicker font (seems like the font style "normal" has replaced "light" in many places throughout the system...)
... (and thicker font...

A fine update indeed, in my view :)

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
OTA is not working for me. I just get a message saying Unable to Check for Update, An error occurred while checking for a software update. :confused:

I guess I can check it after work when I get home...

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
Hey guys, just noticed this HUGE bug in either mine and my girlfriend ip5's. After you shut down the device and you turn it back on, and says the SIM card is locked and you swipe to unlock it, just turns out the unlock screen does not show up! And if you try to call someone, the message to unlock will not appear again, the call just fails and returns to the home screen. I only managed to overcome this bug by taking the simcard with the phone on and put it right in, and then the little window showed up and I was able to put my SIM code. Then i just turned off the SIM code activation on settings! This is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE bug. Anyone experienced it?

Take out the sim card and put it back in. And it will then ask you to unlock the sim. I happen to me to as well and when taking out the sim and putting it back in problem solved

Scyanide

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2013
Melbourne, FL
Still no "Tap to Tweet" or "Tap to Post" in Notification Center. I'd be surprised if they didn't include it by pubic release.

Part of me feels like they removed that on purpose. To encourage use of the share button throughout apps to share content. If you want to make simple post use the app instead.

I kinda liked the posting from the N.C. but those are my thoughts on why it may be missing.

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
OTA is not working for me. I just get a message saying Unable to Check for Update, An error occurred while checking for a software update. :confused:

Stop trying to OTA update and just go to the dev site and download it

sammarshall

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013
Not sure if this has been mentioned or if it's new in this beta but the blue message bubbles change from a light to dark blue when scrolling within an iMessage. (same with regular green text messages)

thacube

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2008
Tampa, FL
After updating to beta 3 i had a persistent "1" badge on messages, even after deleting all my texts. I think I received it during the update process which might have been the cause of it. I'm trying to restore now to hopefully get rid of it...

let us know if that fixes it

Intarweb

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2007
I'm really eager to try iOS7 but I have a couple questions. I have to pay $99 and become a "developer?" Is there a way around that? If I do DL and install it, is there a possibility that I'll lose the ability to do certain things?

If there's already a thread where this is discussed please point me to it.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC

Still getting the same error message, decided to download directly from Dev site and install using iTunes. I'm too impatient to wait for the OTA servers to work, plus I just did an iCloud backup and read somewhere that it's always better to restore rather than upgrade when it comes to betas.

Less bugs apparently

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007

Restart your phone. Worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.