Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zoddino

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Notification and Control Centers are no longer transparent on my iPhone 5, it's definitely a bug :( I tried to reboot but nothing. Did anyone experience this?

Aucun Express

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
You can again pick a song as wake up song. In B1 and B2, every time I tapped "Pick a song" it used to crash.

spyd4r

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2006
I have a Pebble, and I've been holding off upgrading my iPhone with iOS 7...

stick with iOS 6.1.2 with jailbreak or update to iOS 7 beta 3? I hope Pebble updates the watch firmware to use the new bluetooth features in iOS7 before the launch of iOS7!!

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
The speed bump over beta 2 on my iPhone 4 is unbelievable! Just simple stuff like scrolling through the springboard, or the opening/closing animation in apps is all alot smoother. Loving it!

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
IMO that happens in iOS 6 too.

Yep it's been there from launch.

Stupidly 'close' 'exit' and 'go away' dont do anything other than the half arsed "I'm sorry... would you like me to search" response.

==============

Hopefully this will fix some of the chrome crashing. Had it playing up like crazy on iOS 7, crashing even with just 3 or 4 tabs open.

LixLev

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Anyone else find that Siri only runs in portrait. When my iPad is in landscape it won't be the right way up.

Last edited:

seecoolguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2007
Any reports on IP4 performance? I downgraded back to iOS 6 as DP2 was a little too sluggish for me.

for me IP4 performance was better in Beta2, i'll report back after my install completes and I get a chance to take out for a spin...

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
Yes, he is right. There is....

Seems to only be active with lighter backgrounds. You see it in the dock but not towards the top of the screen.

Attachments

• IMG_1501.PNG
    IMG_1501.PNG
    919 KB · Views: 413

rufous

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2013
Dublin
WWDC build

This build is much closer to the one that was shown at WWDC. The first two betas were probably baked earlier than WWDC — you can tell most easily by the animation used when you send an SMS or iMessage.

In Beta 1 it was a very awkward shear + translate animation that made the message step out of the compose box and into the message list. It didn’t really work well.

In Beta 2 it solidifies into a blue box in the compose box and then floats out into the message list.

Now in Beta 3, a blurry blue or green bubble comes floating up behind the keyboard, captures the message and then places it in the message list. This is the slickest of the three by far, and the one that was shown on the WWDC stage.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
I have no reason to drop iOS 7 Beta now.

Other than MLB is a goofiest sport rules wise. Designated hitter in one league but not in the other? And why does a pitcher need a new baseball after her pitches one in the dirt but yet after a batter hits a one hopper to the infielder they toss it right to him. So stuck in silly traditions!:rolleyes:

RipeRetina

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2009
Maryland
Good to hear. Oddly enough, mine stopped working about a week into beta2. I'd since downloaded Downcast while looking for a way to listen to my podcasts. It's been great so far; recommended. It's a couple bucks, but an app I plan on getting a lot of use from. Incidentally, the official apps of a few of my podcasts weren't even working correctly.

Mine stopped working about a week after beta 2 too. I remember ios 6 beta 3 brought a lot of bug fixes too. This one seems to be very similar.

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Can anyone tell me if the "X" button in Safari when closing a page is any bigger or easier to click instead of opening the page?

DJAKO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Seems to only be active with lighter backgrounds. You see it in the dock but not towards the top of the screen.

I think it's a bug. I'm guessing they should all have the shadow. If you start to pull up on Control Center you'll see the shadows are added, and as soon as I release Control Center they go away.

irfaanfaki

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2013
Noticed something interesting

When opening a folder the icon names have that black shadowy thing behind the text as mentioned previously

However it is not available on the normal home screen, weird thing being that if you were to pull the notification centre down slightly without releasing it to fall right down, the home screen seems to pick up the shadows and disappears when the notification centre is pushed back up

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
Can anyone tell me if the "X" button in Safari when closing a page is any bigger or easier to click instead of opening the page?

yes this drives me nuts. I hope they are a bit bigger. Beta 3 still not showing up for me in OTA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.