Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
I didn't find it funny the few times I saw it.

But my gf was in the background for 20 sec. In one of the shows.

No I have to like it and think it's funny in an intelligent way:(

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
I discovered this show fairly late, but love it nonetheless. I study physics so I can easily follow it, but a friend, who is physics-challenged, seems to be able to follow it as well. My favorite quote from this series: "I informed you thusly".

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Yet another sitcom over-staying its welcome. Was funny first few years but now it's just the same thing over and over.
As long as the show is pulling in huge ratings they will milk it for all it is worth.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
As long as the show is pulling in huge ratings they will milk it for all it is worth.

And I'd do the same if it were my show or I was one of the actors on it. Let's face it, most of the cast will never be seen again after the show ends.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
And I'd do the same if it were my show or I was one of the actors on it. Let's face it, most of the cast will never be seen again after the show ends.
Agreed, there are 3 stars on that show that had a career before and will have a career after.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
While not quite as good as the first few seasons, I still enjoy this show. It's one of the very few network TV shows I actually watch.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Drudging up a slightly old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one. I just watched one of these extra's that came out the other day on the Apple TV.

The 6 minute video 108: James Earl Jones: The Unconventional Guy, was interesting regarding The Proton Transmogrification episode. This is the one where they celebrated May the "Fourth" and did the show in a Star Wars theme. During this short video they said that it was the first time that James Earl Jones and Carrie Fisher had ever met. James did the Star Wars voice overs in a sound booth and never went to the set in all the filming.

I just found it incredibly interesting that even after the movies, they never crossed paths at conventions or any other type of gathering, but met on the set of the Big Bang Theory. Apparently, when Carrie walked in and saw James, she shouted "Dad!" haha.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Fear not BBT fans.

The Stars Of 'The Big Bang Theory' Just Got Huge Raises, Season 8 Is On.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/04/the-big-bang-theory-raise_n_5648197.html

"Last week, "Big Bang" stars Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and Johnny Galecki were reportedly asking for $1 million per episode, delaying production on Season 8 of the beloved CBS comedy.

It looks like they got their wish. According to Deadline, Parsons, Cuoco-Sweeting and Galecki have all signed three-year contracts with Warner Bros. TV for exactly that. So by 2017, when the series is set to end, the stars will have earned close to $90 million. Talk about a sweet deal!"

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
The show sucks. To be fair, there's isn't a good sitcom on TV today. Then again, I'm not a nerd, and I'm old (62). The 60'sand 70's sitcoms were the best as far as I'm concerned. Whatever floats your boat I say....

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Fear not BBT fans.

The Stars Of 'The Big Bang Theory' Just Got Huge Raises, Season 8 Is On.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/04/the-big-bang-theory-raise_n_5648197.html

"Last week, "Big Bang" stars Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting and Johnny Galecki were reportedly asking for $1 million per episode, delaying production on Season 8 of the beloved CBS comedy.

It looks like they got their wish. According to Deadline, Parsons, Cuoco-Sweeting and Galecki have all signed three-year contracts with Warner Bros. TV for exactly that. So by 2017, when the series is set to end, the stars will have earned close to $90 million. Talk about a sweet deal!"

Good for them. The show is passed its best, but still better than a lot of the rubbish that's on TV. Sadly more channels doesn't mean better quality these days.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wow that's one heck of a deal!

Glad the show is going to be around for a while yet. I like it as it makes me laugh a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.