Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levpa05

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2008
Aha

Good luck to those in the process, congrats to those that where excepted, and see those of you who start on May 12th.

statcity

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2014
does anyone know exactly when they call references? is it before or after the first facetime interview

jakepirate

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2014
Hey everyone. Im a long time lurker first time poster. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this forum. Without it I dont think I would have been as successful in my application process. Heres my time line:
Day 1applied at Apple.com
Day 2: spoke briefly on the phone with apple rep. Scheduled next interview while on the phone
Day 8: spoke with recruiter via skype for 20 mins. Immediately told I was moving forward
Day 9: received email to schedule next interview
Day 16: spoke with team manager. Told would hear in 1-2 weeks
Day 19: received call from private number. It was my recruiter. Called right back but Voicemail was full. Sent email asking her to call me back.
Luckily she called me back a few hours later to offer me the position pending background.
IOS class non college aha pt. Looking forward to working with everyone

----------

Does anyone know if recruiters will be working today??? Since it is Good Friday I wonder if they have off and I will be wasting my day refreshing my email lol

My recruiter is working today

Last edited:

jdpierce21

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if recruiters will be working today??? Since it is Good Friday I wonder if they have off and I will be wasting my day refreshing my email lol

Mine is working.

----------

does anyone know exactly when they call references? is it before or after the first facetime interview

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think they do. I think what they verify is your background check (education, jobs, criminal) and that's it. But, I could be wrong. But, the background check isn't done until after the 3rd interview (2nd FaceTime interview) and they want to offer you the job. Good luck!

----------

From what I was told by an interviewer is that they use soft phones now and we no longer need a landline. I wonder who can verify this? She told me that but now I'm nervous and don't want to be unprepared. My job I am at now (that I'm quitting this week) is VoIP and we use a soft phone.

Yup. Confirmed this on the call today. Yea to no landline!!!!

jdpierce21

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yup my recruiter called today from a private number also... almost didn't answer it because they called from a CA number the first time. But got the Hireright info and am now just waiting for that to finish... Was supposed to be in 3/19 class but they said that they had to push that to 3/27. I just hope hireright doesnt take forever and a day lol

The longest part of HireRight is your work verification. They verify your last 3 employers. I had W2s ready to send them in case they couldn't verify one of them. Other than that the rest is pretty quick. Mine took a week.

niknikolas

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2014
NY
I checked my BGC and it said that it was completed!

Here's hoping for a call next week! I just wish June 30th wasn't so far away, I wanna start now!

WelshDog

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2002
Austin
The longest part of HireRight is your work verification. They verify your last 3 employers. I had W2s ready to send them in case they couldn't verify one of them. Other than that the rest is pretty quick. Mine took a week.

Yeah mine took a while - several weeks. The company I last worked for was going out of business and had only one person in the office. They also changed the phone number without me knowing. HireRight contacted me to get more contact info. Eventually they talked to someone. In addition, I had worked for that company for 20 years. My previous employers from 20 years ago would not have even know who I was. I don't know if HR contacted them or not. Nonetheless, Apple hired me anyway.

jdpierce21

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah mine took a while - several weeks. The company I last worked for was going out of business and had only one person in the office. They also changed the phone number without me knowing. HireRight contacted me to get more contact info. Eventually they talked to someone. In addition, I had worked for that company for 20 years. My previous employers from 20 years ago would not have even know who I was. I don't know if HR contacted them or not. Nonetheless, Apple hired me anyway.

When do you start training? I start 5/12.

jaimielyn09

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2014
Did any one receive a "care package" box from Apple before training? I was reading online and saw that they send them out about a week before your start date

the batman

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
Did any one receive a "care package" box from Apple before training? I was reading online and saw that they send them out about a week before your start date

i think we receive the imac, ipod touch (if you're ios), headset, telephone and maybe something like a t shirt
i've read that anyway

TheLowEndTheory

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
daniiiieeelle and I seem to be in the same situation, where after the second interview, they have not contacted us to let us know whether we will be moving on or not. For me it has been about 3 weeks, and they have not sent me anything, I even emailed my initial recruiter to ask if there was anything I needed to do, or that she could tell me, however that was a week ago, and it seems to have been ignored. I can only assume at this point that I have not gotten the job, however this is really unprofessional of them considering they specifically told me that they would tell me either way, and they even gave a timeline.

Appleholic4ever

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I am applying for Applecare AHA soon and thanks to you all, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect with the application and interview process.

What I was wondering (hopefully from an AHA), what the difference is between the Mac and iOS calling. Aside from being different in terms of devices and OS, how the the queue's? What about the questions? What are the benefits in working with one over another? Also, what are maybe the top 3 most often issues for each that you address each day? Just trying to find out which I would like better. I have a lot of experience with my tech background in Mac and iOS.

Thanks for your help.

----------

I was wondering if someone could fill me/us in more on the tests that we will take during the training. From the info I've found online, they sound brutal and if you don't pass one test, you're out. What kinds of questions are asked? How many? Do the tests differ depending on whether you go Mac or iOS? Thanks!

cybertech

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
TheLowEndTheory - was this for chat or phones? I'm in the same boat (I'm applying for Chat that starts June 30). I had my second interview last week and she told me I would hear from her by email middle of this week... now I'm really worried! Most people were contacted back with a yes or no to move on. I know this is a silly question, but have you checked your spam to make sure the email didn't end up there? I use Gmail and this has happened to me on a few occasions. It seems awful that they didn't let you know something. I couldn't 'read' the interviewer at all and I'm normally pretty good at that.

daniiiieeelle and I seem to be in the same situation, where after the second interview, they have not contacted us to let us know whether we will be moving on or not. For me it has been about 3 weeks, and they have not sent me anything, I even emailed my initial recruiter to ask if there was anything I needed to do, or that she could tell me, however that was a week ago, and it seems to have been ignored. I can only assume at this point that I have not gotten the job, however this is really unprofessional of them considering they specifically told me that they would tell me either way, and they even gave a timeline.

Appleholic4ever

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2014
I was wondering if someone could fill me/us in more on the tests that we will take during the training. From the info I've found online, they sound brutal and if you don't pass one test, you're out. What kinds of questions are asked? How many? Do the tests differ depending on whether you go Mac or iOS? Thanks!

jdpierce21

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I am applying for Applecare AHA soon and thanks to you all, I have a pretty good idea of what to expect with the application and interview process.

What I was wondering (hopefully from an AHA), what the difference is between the Mac and iOS calling. Aside from being different in terms of devices and OS, how the the queue's? What about the questions? What are the benefits in working with one over another? Also, what are maybe the top 3 most often issues for each that you address each day? Just trying to find out which I would like better. I have a lot of experience with my tech background in Mac and iOS.

Thanks for your help.

----------

Once you have accepted a AHA position you sign an NDA agreeing to not disclose information like what you are asking for. So, I seriously doubt you will have someone from a AHA position discuss that on this board. Perhaps a person that used to be an AHA might. However, it's considered a huge corporate no-no to discuss about Apple information.

TheLowEndTheory

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
TheLowEndTheory - was this for chat or phones? I'm in the same boat (I'm applying for Chat that starts June 30). I had my second interview last week and she told me I would hear from her by email middle of this week... now I'm really worried! Most people were contacted back with a yes or no to move on. I know this is a silly question, but have you checked your spam to make sure the email didn't end up there? I use Gmail and this has happened to me on a few occasions. It seems awful that they didn't let you know something. I couldn't 'read' the interviewer at all and I'm normally pretty good at that.

Yeah, I have checked my spam lol, I am using an email set up though my school, but it runs through Outlook, I wouldn't have been surprised if Microsoft sent the Apple email to spam, but alas it was not there either. I applied for phones, but I don't know my starting date, I was told probably sometime in the middle of June

daniiiieeelle

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2014
Yeah, I have checked my spam lol, I am using an email set up though my school, but it runs through Outlook, I wouldn't have been surprised if Microsoft sent the Apple email to spam, but alas it was not there either. I applied for phones, but I don't know my starting date, I was told probably sometime in the middle of June

I've been checking my spam folder religiously. Nada. They told me "approximately 5-6 days". Today was day 5. I sent a thank you email to my recruiter for interview 2 that, as far as I can tell, was ignored. I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

As far as my start date, they told me training would start May 27th and it's 9 weeks long.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, though TheLowEndTheory's waiting 3 weeks doesn't seem assuring. I'm curious as to who your recruiter is (PM me if you want) to see if we had the same one. Did you try reaching out to your initial recruiter?

----------

I have no idea as to what's on the tests, but my recruiter DID tell me that if we failed them we were out of the job.

TheLowEndTheory

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2014
I've been checking my spam folder religiously. Nada. They told me "approximately 5-6 days". Today was day 5. I sent a thank you email to my recruiter for interview 2 that, as far as I can tell, was ignored. I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

As far as my start date, they told me training would start May 27th and it's 9 weeks long.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, though TheLowEndTheory's waiting 3 weeks doesn't seem assuring. I'm curious as to who your recruiter is (PM me if you want) to see if we had the same one. Did you try reaching out to your initial recruiter?

----------

My recruiter's initals wher TN that should be enough for you if they are the same (I couldn't figure out how to PM you lol) anyways, I did email her to see maybe I needed to do something, or what the status of my application was, however she never responded to that email.

iBaloney

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2010
My BGC was completed last Thursday, and this Wednesday marks the 2 week point since I had my interview. And the recruiter that I interviewed with told me I'll get an answer from them in 2 weeks. Im starting to get worried now:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.