Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Finally! Sealed iPod Harry Potter.

IMG_3472.jpeg

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Wow, that is truly awesome! :eek: Congratulations!
But its really the second generation iPod. The project name for the second generation was as engraved "P97". The first generation was called "Dulcimer". Anyway, its nevertheless awesome ;)

Hm, probably I was confused by the font of the "iPod" label. However, the previous owner also told me, that it has a touch wheel, like the 2nd gen iPod, so you're right. I think that is most probably the proto of the 2G model based on the 1G.

Screen+Shot+2014-07-05+at+00.28.24.png

P.s. just found info about the 1G iPods: "The formal codename for the project was P-68, but informally, the team used the term "Dulcimer"."

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Hm, probably I was confused by the font of the "iPod" label. However, the previous owner also told me, that it has a touch wheel, like the 2nd gen iPod, so you're right. I think that is most probably the proto of the 2G model based on the 1G.

Yes. Probably an evaluation and test example of the next product. The first model was P68! But again. Really nice to see!!! :)

Edit: I saw your comment about P68 too late. I have this information on my weblogg too. ;)

Last edited:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Old Apple font on there!

Yes, the first versions of 10 gig models had the old Apple Garamond typeface. The versions that was released after 17:th July 2002 had the new Myriad typeface.

----------

Please. I have read that book many times. I even recommended the book by Stephen Levy in this thread back in 2012. Look here :) Post 910

iChernov

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2013
Munich, Germany
Yes, the first versions of 10 gig models had the old Apple Garamond typeface. The versions that was released after 17:th July 2002 had the new Myriad typeface.

----------

Please. I have read that book many times. I even recommended the book by Stephen Levy in this thread back in 2012. Look here :) Post 910

Aha, thanks.

Still - so happy to get the prototype of the 2G/1G iPod!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.