Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Night*Rider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2014
Bangladesh
Hello Everyone,

A few days ago i bought an iphone 4s from ebay. Everything is fine, but it's locked to att carrier. I checked the IMEI it's clean and out of contract. I request to the seller to unlock it for me, because it's free for her, but she is not interested to do that. She is telling me to call att and give them the imei number, then they will unlock it for me? But i called at +1-800-331-0500 from skype, they are asking for owner of the account's last 4 digit of the SSN number? But i don't have ssn and i don't have any account with att to make a device unlock request, since i am not a US citizen. I live in Banlgadesh. There is other way to unlock this, but it's require an former or current good standing att account, to request a device unlock? But i don't have any friend who are using att servie??
Is there any other way to unlock it through att by call or chat, i have the owner's phone number if it need??
Please someone help me!!!
I'll appreciate your help???

Thanks. :(

Night*Rider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2014
Bangladesh
There are unlocking services that can do this for you without using AT&T. Try a Google search on "phone unlocking" and pick the one you want.

Thanks, but it's somewhat costly on ebay and any other site and lengthy too. So, first i'm trying to do this through att?
Is there any other way to live chat with them and give them IMEI to unlock it?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks, but it's somewhat costly on ebay and any other site and lengthy too. So, first i'm trying to do this through att?
Is there any other way to live chat with them and give them IMEI to unlock it?

Unless you can come up with the account password, AT&T is not going to unlock the phone for you. If the original owner will not help you, you have little choice except to use an unlocking service.

Night*Rider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2014
Bangladesh
Is there anyone who can help me with any tips? Or would anyone with an active account be willing to help me get this phone unlocked for a free?

I'll really appreciate your kindly help??? :(

Last edited:

Yoshi Yogurt

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2010
You need to have the original owner do it. Bought my 4S from a friend and we unlocked it at his house via the AT&T website...

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Is there anyone who can help me with any tips? Or would anyone with an active account be willing to help me get this phone unlocked for a fee?

I'll really appreciate your kindly help??? :(

You've already received tips. You are going to have to pay to unlock it.

Night*Rider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2014
Bangladesh
You really do not seem to understand.

You have two choices:

Get the original owner to do it.
Pay a third party service to do it.

Your plea for an ATT user to help is useless as they would have to do the same thing. There is no secret or magic here. Everyone has told you and yet you refuse to listen. :apple:

Hi! I can understand what you guys are saying me.
But i found a thread on there, https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=14697485#post14697485 someone live chatted with an att representative from his account and he just request to unlock this phone for him, And surprisely they did it, they submit a case for him?

tivoboy

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2005
question

Why can't you just email the seller on ebay and send them the link to unlock it?

All they have to do it type in the IMEI, on their account website and they will have it unlocked.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
I think we done here, the OP has the info, and due to rules violations (which were removed) this thread is being locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.