Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I'm actually surprised seeing so many are ordering the 6 plus. That thing is bizarre, way too big for a phone, nice if you don't have a tablet already. I wouldn't want the plus but the regular 6 is perfect :)

grizzy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
You realize that you basically just said an inch almost?

20mm is a lot.

It's 3/4 of an inch. If an inch is "a lot" then taking a qtr off of it is considerable.

Put it this way. Two people are walking towards you. The person on the right is on a 6, and the person on the left is on a 6+. Are you really going to think the person on the left looks silly cause their phone is 3/4" taller? 99% of people wouldn't even notice such a difference unless they were close up and studying it.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
It's 3/4 of an inch. If an inch is "a lot" then taking a qtr off of it is considerable.

Put it this way. Two people are walking towards you. The person on the right is on a 6, and the person on the left is on a 6+. Are you really going to think the person on the left looks silly cause their phone is 3/4" taller? 99% of people wouldn't even notice such a difference unless they were close up and studying it.

It looks obnoxious. I'm sure it's a great device and the extra screen real estate is awesome.

But it looks obnoxious, it's basically a taller note 3 and the note 3 already looks obnoxious when being held with 1 hand to the ear.

zetti

macrumors 68000
Oct 19, 2012
Exactly! And I don't really use my phone to make calls very often. It's mostly browsing, videos, and games. So I would think the plus is perfect for that. Can't wait to get it.

I'm gonna love it regardless, I dont mind waiting 3 weeks to get it, I will have the best smartphone on the market IMO. :D

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I seem to be in the minority but I could care less how I LOOK when I'm using my phone. Just don't care.

Plus, (for those who do care) soon there will be so many people using them it won't seem awkward like it might today.

:apple:

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I made some cardboard cutouts of the two sizes and showed them to my mother when she came by and even she said that the 4.7" was the girlie phone and the 5.5" was a mans phone lol

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
I use android phones and im tired of those little play screen sizes on the iPhones..they finally have came out with a grown man size phone so I jumped all over it..

Right, and when Samsung comes out with the Galaxy Note 5 with a 7 inch screen to differentiate it from the iPhone 6+, the cycle will start again: OMG Samsung has INNOVATED with a decent sized screen! Apple has puny sized screens, I can't do anything with such a tiny screen, Apple doesn't innovate, they need to step up their game because I'm not buying such a tiny phone...

Then pretty soon, we'll be like...

ipad_calls1-578-80.jpg

As someone who bought the hype and ordered a 6+, I'm definitely having second thoughts after holding the Note 3 in my hand and realizing that the iPhone 6+ will be slightly larger. I'm 6'2" and a big guy, but yaknow what? The 5s doesn't really look that small to me.

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I seem to be in the minority but I could care less how I LOOK when I'm using my phone. Just don't care.

Plus, (for those who do care) soon there will be so many people using them it won't seem awkward like it might today.

:apple:

Maybe. But hopefully by the time they are mainstream, Apple will have actually figured out how to take advantage of the big screen like Samsung has implemented with the Note.

Phablets are cool if they have Phablet features. Not if it's just a bulky iPhone.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
This thread makes me feel so much better about my decision to go with the 6! Haha

I ordered the 6 Plus and I'm not looking back. I'm glad it's big and I'm glad the battery will last all day. Driving in the car and using the maps will be a pleasure. Leechtunes will be much more enjoyable and easy to see on the dash and watching netflix at night will be far better than on my old iPhone 5. The phone will only be in my pocket from the walk from the car to my desk so even if it's uncomfortable due to its size it's just a short walk. Having the 64GB eliminates my need for an iPod to carry music on and the camera should be much improved. To me getting the 4.7" was the foolish move. The extra benefits of the Plus far outweigh the inconvenience of its extra mass.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
People use the iphone to talk?

Yeah, right. I live in a dead zone so having an iPhone has never been about using it to make or get calls, at least not at home! If I were too old to be running around in a car all the time I'd probably just have iPod touch or iPad, iPad mini and skip the phone thing. But as much as I'm intrigued by the payments processor, I'm sticking with my 5c this time around. I'll catch up next cycle :)

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Since I'm too busy or too polite to stare at people talking on their cell phones and too old and grumpy to care if they are staring at me, I suspect this will all be a non-issue for me.

Really, at what age do people reach the point of maturity where they realize there are more important things to do with their time and attention than worry about what people look like talking on a cell phone. Aren't we supposed to be over this kind of shallowness past high school? I'm far from perfect and can be quite the utter pain in many ways but I think I've got this one down and so do most of my peers.

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Maybe. But hopefully by the time they are mainstream, Apple will have actually figured out how to take advantage of the big screen like Samsung has implemented with the Note.

Phablets are cool if they have Phablet features. Not if it's just a bulky iPhone.

I agree with you and am disappointed by the bezels. They really need to cut them down but I don't think that'll happen until iPhone 7 so I'll just enjoy my 6+ until then :)

MoodyTheSneer

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
Tsk tsk tsk. Even when convalescing you force me to chime in. The phone is DEAD! If you aren't using a Bluetooth ear set, you are wet all over! It's 2014 kids. That is ... 14 years into the new millennium!
Besides for the once in a blue moon that you might Dial 911, it would not kill you to hold a brick up to your ear

djake80

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
I look at my screen about 100 times more than I talk on the phone, so I'm not going to buy a smaller screen that minimizes experience of how I use my phone the most. I bought a 6 Plus after 2 years of using the Note 2 and the Note 3 and after about 2 days you really get used to the size and don't even notice it anymore.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Right, and when Samsung comes out with the Galaxy Note 5 with a 7 inch screen to differentiate it from the iPhone 6+, the cycle will start again: OMG Samsung has INNOVATED with a decent sized screen! Apple has puny sized screens, I can't do anything with such a tiny screen, Apple doesn't innovate, they need to step up their game because I'm not buying such a tiny phone...

Then pretty soon, we'll be like...

As someone who bought the hype and ordered a 6+, I'm definitely having second thoughts after holding the Note 3 in my hand and realizing that the iPhone 6+ will be slightly larger. I'm 6'2" and a big guy, but yaknow what? The 5s doesn't really look that small to me.
Galaxy Pads are 7" already.

----------

Headphones.

I dont know why people dont see this as an option when they are putting others down for having a bigger one.

scottw324

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
It's going to turn me into a small, dark-haired woman? F that.

LOL, it a good thing I wasn't drinking my soda.

As for how I will look. Who cares. I barely use it for a phone to my ear.

Mostly speaker phone in the car.

The rest of the time, email, text, internet, GPS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.