Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I do hope people with the 6+ will be happy. For me, it is too big but I'm not interested in a phablet. For those that have gone with that trend, then it is probably what they are looking for. I use my current 5 for lots of stuff, even watching tv shows at the gym when I'm on the elliptical. I also use it to listen to music at the gym (put it in a spibelt). The reason I'm getting the 6 isn't because I think the 5 is too small but I kind of figured why not.

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Am I just being biased because I'm getting a Plus or does nothing really look off about the image in the OP? It looks relatively normal to me.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
And?
Who actually holds a phone that way lolol

Note 3

7azdDcd.jpg

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Amen to that, I'm the same lol, not fussed about one handed use, I have two hands :p

Exactly! And I don't really use my phone to make calls very often. It's mostly browsing, videos, and games. So I would think the plus is perfect for that. Can't wait to get it.

Lakailb87

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
San Francisco
Yeah it looks kinda off really. I do have bluetooth headphones to use but yeah it's kinda weird. I love iPhones but I do wish at least the bezels were a little smaller

This is exactly why I went with the 4.7. I think by the time the iPhone 7 comes out they should have the bezels fixed, this is their first big phone and they should have gone with something closer to the dimensions of the LG G3.. that would have been perfect.

Until then I will enjoy a 4.7 and hope they get it right with the iPhone 7.

G-Ziss

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
I see no reason why anyone would have to hold it with two hands. The woman in that picture clearly has a grip on it with just one hand - not sure why she's using her other hand as well.

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
Heck, I don't care how it looks. But, most of the time I use it as a phone, I'll be in the car and the phone will stay in my purse.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind becoming a slender dark haired woman. :D

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
A few years ago I would laugh and agree. But now, honestly ... I just don't use my phone as a phone nearly as much as I used to. Now it's 85% texts and using apps.

However, I will agree that during times of using it as a phone I imagine how silly I will look.

Then again, I have pink hair ... so I don't think the phone will be the focal point :D

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
"Everybody is going to look stupid"!...... "If I want, I can carry an iPad"!....... "It wont fit in my pocket"!....... "You wont be able to use one hand to text"! (from weeks ago).

Im buying one!! (from today)

grizzy

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2012
And if you shave a whopping 20millimeters off then that's how people with the 4.7 iphone 6 will look.

djake80

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Having a big phone up to your ear is nothing new. I remember the old Zack Morris phones that were like holding a brick up to your ear.

At first yeah, it seems huge, but I've used the Note 2 and Note 3 and after a few days you get used to the size. The only thing is, it's easy to get used to bigger screens, but if you're used to a 5 inch or bigger screen and you go smaller, it feels like peering into a camera view window.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Threads like this are silly because they're so short sighted.

As Cellphones evolved then they shrank.

We weren't losing features, we were losing bulk. And, for the most part, then every "cellphone" was a phone and nothing else.

cell-phone-evolution.png

But then as phones started developing more features then they grew again. But this time they weren't adding useless bulk, they were adding new tech to introduce new features. Phones getting bigger was necessary.

smartphone-evolution1.jpg

The reason big phones is a joke ISN'T because they're getting "too big". Its because Apple lagged behind so much longer than they should have that myths about "one handed use can't be done on a screen bigger than 4in" ended up being quoted as fact.

4.7" and 5.5" isn't really "too big", theyre just bigger than we're used to. But give it a year and we'll all be looking at the 4S/5S and wondering how we got so many years of work done on such "small" screens.

megapopular

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
I hope this leads to more traffic tickets for people who talk on their cell phones while driving without a bluetooth... That husky phone will be harder to hide, lol!!

bollweevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
I have big hands and I love big screens, so I am super excited for the 5.5-inch screen.

My iPhone 5 doesn't span the whole distance from ear to mouth, so the phone can definitely get bigger before it is excessively large.

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
Honestly I don't mind. I'm a dude at 6', I don't think it would look as awkward with me holding it to talk. If people these days use the selfie stick and take photos with their iPad, then I will fit in just fine with my 5.5" beastly phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.