Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Me and many. Just because you don't doesn't mean others won't.

I'm halfway there without the 6+! Can't wait to be small!

Pretty sure you took that way more literally than that poster ever meant it to be taken. Last I checked, starting a sentence with "who ever doe...?" is simply meant to imply "most people do not".

Congrats on your weight loss accomplishments by the way, if that's what you meant by the second statement. :)

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
This all reminds me of when the first 300/360cc golf drivers came out and everybody made jokes about hitting the ball with a toaster on a stick. Eventually it topped out at 460cc (when the USGA put an end to anything larger) and people look at 360cc drivers as tiny.

It's all perspective. With Apple finally getting into larger phones, we are a couple of years from almost all smartphones 'in the wild' being 4.7 or bigger. At that point 5.5 won't seem nearly as big - and the 3.5 and 4 will look tiny.

dad0118

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Thats good you will be able to hold the 6 better in one hand, you will need it when doing video as the 6 lacks optical image stablization :D

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii
I was walking around the mall and it seemed like most with a phone to their ear had samsung note size. No big deal

When all the new iPhones hit the streets, it will just be the new look :cool:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Galaxy Pads are 7" already.

There is no such product called Galaxy Pad. The Galaxy TAB is a tablet, not a phone. But I'm sure at the same time the Galaxy Note 7" screen is out, the Galaxy Tab will be available in a 16 inch size.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Pretty sure you took that way more literally than that poster ever meant it to be taken. Last I checked, starting a sentence with "who ever doe...?" is simply meant to imply "most people do not".

Congrats on your weight loss accomplishments by the way, if that's what you meant by the second statement. :)

I wasn't being nearly as serious as you took me. ;) 30k posts and anything that may have ever looked serious has not been. If you met me you'd be pretty shocked. ;)

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I don't know about you guys, but my iPhone 6+ is going to make ME look like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 46

AFDoc

Suspended
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Pointless thread....Doesnt matter how we look with the +... I use android phones and im tired of those little play screen sizes on the iPhones..they finally have came out with a grown man size phone so I jumped all over it..

I used to be really against a larger iphone back when the 4 came out but lots has changed..... My dad's died, we got Osama and I can't wait to pick up my 6+ on Friday! Feel the same about a "mans" sized iphone.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I wasn't being nearly as serious as you took me. ;) 30k posts and anything that may have ever looked serious has not been. If you met me you'd be pretty shocked. ;)

Difficult to read sarcasm on the internet. Especially when your post essentially states that someone else is being too absolute when he shouldn't be...

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Just out of curiosity, did anyone remember that you can 1. have a bluetooth headset and not have the phone out or that 2. the iWatch will also be able to answer your phone. The size of the device might never be known to some people.:cool:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Difficult to read sarcasm on the internet. Especially when your post essentially states that someone else is being too absolute when he shouldn't be...

Oh about that "me and many"? Yeah, well I do feel that way. Not sure why you're combative over it. There was no offense intended...not sure how that happened.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Oh about that "me and many"? Yeah, well I do feel that way. Not sure why you're combative over it. There was no offense intended...not sure how that happened.

Not combative. Was just giving you a reason why I responded the way I did. You point blank told the guy that there are people who don't view the phone like him and shouldn't imply what he implied, to which I responded that generally when people speak in absolutes they don't actually mean the absolute. Very difficult to read sarcasm from that (which I noted in my second response). What about my response came off as combative? Certainly wasn't meant to. I thought we were just having a neutral discussion about me missing your intentions. Perhaps the coin flipped. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.