Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tphillips63

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Dallas
I forgot to add this. I received a text from ATT on Wednesday afternoon telling me that my new 2 year agreement changed the charges, it really didn't the amount is the same. This is one of those texts you get if you make any changes. I wonder if that could possibly mean it shipped and they are so far behind nothing is getting updated? I know this is grasping at straws but ...

fender4645

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
I'm hoping there are a ton if people getting their 6+'s right now are too busy playing with their new phone to come and update the forum. :)

jargon51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
I forgot to add this. I received a text from ATT on Wednesday afternoon telling me that my new 2 year agreement changed the charges, it really didn't the amount is the same. This is one of those texts you get if you make any changes. I wonder if that could possibly mean it shipped and they are so far behind nothing is getting updated? I know this is grasping at straws but ...

Received the same text and I still have no movement on my status. I doubt it means anything.

Opsknight

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014

I got that sms as well and my ship date is and has always been 11/9-11/27. So, I'm afraid it means nothing. :(

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Decided this is the motivation to change it up and drop ATT and try Verizon. My 6 will be here today but the wife's 6+, who the hell knows. I can obviously cancel her order. But mine can I return it to a local ATT store to cancel it or does it need to be mailed back?

potaco

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
Decided this is the motivation to change it up and drop ATT and try Verizon. My 6 will be here today but the wife's 6+, who the hell knows. I can obviously cancel her order. But mine can I return it to a local ATT store to cancel it or does it need to be mailed back?

You can return it in-store.

ksnell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I'm hoping there are a ton if people getting their 6+'s right now are too busy playing with their new phone to come and update the forum. :)

If that's the case, would be nice if one of them would give us an update, from their phone.

appledude411

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
My friend who ordered his 6+ just got it in the mail.. ordered at 4:00pm the day after pre order via Apple Store.

Thanks AT&T.

Haldemonster

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
For those saying they're gonna jump ship from AT&T to another carrier, you're really gonna give up you spot in line to get in the back of another carrier's line because you couldn't have it today?

I'm not getting mine today and its a real disappointment but seriously? You're gonna get behind all those that have ordered over the last week? I can see if you find one locally, but to reorder and expect anything different than what you currently expect let alone not worse?

jessabelle1975

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Went to my local ATT store this morning to see if I could cancel my preorder for my 128g gold plus (my order was placed at 11:50pm on the 11th, been stuck in the 10/2-10/13 range), and replace it with one in the store if they had it. My store only got a total of 6 phones, one plus silver 16gb, the rest 6's all 16gb. Decided to keep my preorder of my plus, and upgraded my husband from his 5 to a 6. I was 6th in line so I got the last one. It's a really nice size! Didn't get to see the plus in person as the guy who was first in line got it and left while I was in the process. The 6 is very nice size, my husband thinks it's perfect. Now that I've seen/held/played with the 6 I'm super stoked for my 6+! Still so upset that those of us who got our preorders in so early were left behind.

emperormacnut

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
Has there ever been a bigger screw up without an explanation to consumers? I mean other than the Fanny Mae mortgage companies debacle....

ferris.bueller

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Has there ever been a bigger screw up without an explanation to consumers? I mean other than the Fanny Mae mortgage companies debacle....

Yes, where is the official announcement?! TENS OF THOUSANDS (maybe more?) who ordered within minutes of being possible are not receiving their goods. I don't understand how this isn't being more widely publicized.

HutchSD

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Just wanted to share my AT&T horror story.

I ordered around 3:30am after not being able to get on the Apple site. Got the confirmation email, went to bed. Next day saw that it would take 14-21 business days. Okay. No big deal. I can wait. My estimated ship date went from 10/2 - 10/13 to 10/31 - 11/14 to 10/13 -10/21 before settling back at 10/2 - 10/13. Also noticed my card had been charged for the full amount, so I figured I was set.

Bored at work, I was reading these boards, figuring I'd either get my phone on launch day or not. I didn't bother calling because I didn't think they'd have better info than the site. This morning, when my status hadn't changed, I decided to give AT&T a call to see what was up. I explained nicely that I didn't mind waiting, but that it was odd that people who had ordered the same phone (6+ 64GB SG) were getting their tracking numbers and I hadn't. She reiterated the whole "14-21 days" thing, and I persisted asking why I'd ordered within 30 minutes of preorders going live but wasn't getting my phone while others who'd ordered the next morning were. Why I'd been charged the full amount when their email clearly says I wouldn't be charged until it shipped.

After a few times "checking the system," she came back and said that my order had been sitting in process all week and she didn't know why. She thought they might need more information from me. I asked what that could be. My card was charged, my shipping/billing address were the same, I was eligible for an upgrade, and my account was current. She said she didn't know, and would create a case. I asked how long it would take them to call me; she said 48-72 business hours. I said, "So sometime late next week?" and she said yes. I told her I'd rather cancel my preorder, wait for stock to replenish elsewhere, and move my account to T-Mobile or Verizon. I explained I had no intention of paying for something that I wouldn't be getting for 5 weeks.

The CSR (who was really polite and tried to be helpful) said someone would call me today. Then she transferred me to the on-line order department (I still don't know why), where I was promptly disconnected.

In the end, I definitely won't be getting my phone today...and that's fine. It's just a phone. But AT&T's absolute bungling of the pre-orders has finally pushed me over the edge. If they can't provide the product on launch day, they shouldn't be taking pre-orders at all. They charged me the full amount, then left my order languishing in limbo without ever trying to contact me to fix whatever "problem" they think my order had. I highly doubt I'll even be getting that call today. I suspect I'll have to call them back later, cancel my pre-order, and go see what kind of deal I can get with T-Mobile or Verizon.

Good luck to the rest of you :)

PDK

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014

Mr Stephenson,

Like many other AT&T Premier customers I specifically set my alarm clock to wake me to order the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB in space gray at the AT&T website when your preorder window opened for the latest Apple iPhone. Today is the release day and I have not seen any tracking information for my iPhone. Your company moved the estimated date of delivery up a couple times, with the latest being 10/2 to 10/13, but this is unacceptable to me as I had completed the orders at 3:12am. In any other preorder traditionally an order so close to the preorder window opening pretty much guarantees delivery of said product to the customer ON the day of release or pretty well near it. To rub salt in the wound there have been several reports on social media of non-Premier AT&T customers having tracking numbers and well as receiving iPhone 6 Plus today; some of which preordered well past the 3am official preorder window opening.

I am disappointed in AT&T as I have been a multi-service customer for many years. I understand that Premier customers are not to be charged for the upgrade fees and wonder if that is why your company decided to give a lower priority to your Premier business customers. I was charged a $40 upgrade fee which at this point I am sure you will be waiving that as you have for many customers I have communicated with over the last 48 hours. Please consider this a formal request for that $40 credit.

The lack of communication and the inconsistent information the CSR's are conveying is totally unacceptable. I left Comcast and paid more for AT&T services solely because of the poor customer service at Comcast. I am very seriously considering taking all of my services elsewhere. I would very much like to see AT&T do everything in their power to provide expedient delivery of the iPhone 6 Plus to their Premier customer base. Perhaps you would consider applying a discount for your iPhone 6 Plus customers service bill next month to soften the blow of your inability to deliver today.

Regards,

HutchSD

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
For those saying they're gonna jump ship from AT&T to another carrier, you're really gonna give up you spot in line to get in the back of another carrier's line because you couldn't have it today?

I'm not getting mine today and its a real disappointment but seriously? You're gonna get behind all those that have ordered over the last week? I can see if you find one locally, but to reorder and expect anything different than what you currently expect let alone not worse?

To be honest, at this point, it's not about not getting the phone on launch day. It's only a phone, and I'm okay with that. It's AT&T's mishandling of this whole thing. I've been unhappy with AT&T's service for a long time, and this is simply the last time I want to deal with AT&T's incompetence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.