Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan1340

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2014
It's a shame because I would have went through Apple, and got thru 4 times for launch delivery only to get the error "Your account is in a market not eligible for upgrades" upon checkout, so AT&T was my last resort. I would still like to know what that error means, and how to correct it. Even if I cancel my preorder I have a feeling that error is going to haunt me.

I got the same thing if you have a biz plan you have to order through at&t premier's site

TINOBRUNO01

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
Emailed the CEO yesterday. Recieved a phone call from the assistant today she was a huge b!tch. She said I read your email. I told her how I placed my pre-order within 6 minutes after launch (I have premier) and my coworker (not on the premier plan) placed hers almost 5 hours later has a tracking number and I have 10/02. All she said was, I can't speak about other people's orders. I asked her why she has a tracking king number and I don't (having ordered the same 6+, same color, same GB) and she repeated I can't comment on other people's orders but I can cancel yours for you if you want. I didn't want to pass her off and have her cancel my order so I just said no and hung up. Terrible customer service for someone who has phone, home phone, WiFi, and TV for 10 yes with AT&T.

thisdj78

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2014
Columbus, OH
Ordered 8:39am EST on the 12th ATT Premiere Order

Was in the 10/31 got bumped to 10/13 a few days ago like everybody else who got bumps.

Just checked my order and it SHIPPED! It is still in DFW but with an 8:51am scan today. I'm assuming a Monday delivery as it does not have the delivery listed yet although it does say UPS Next Day Air Saver.

This is the first time any of our Premiere orders have shipped via UPS, they have always come Fedex.

Are you able to track it on ups.com using your phone number?

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
What did they screw up?

My order clearly stated 14-21 days.. and my delivery dates actually dropped by 2 weeks.

They haven't broken any promises to me.

They just simply did not have the inventory.

I know, as disappointed as I am that my phone is almost certainly not going to get here today, AT&T NEVER promised me I'd have it today. All of these people calling customer service every 5 minutes screaming and threatening to cancel because AT&T screwed things up... They NEVER promised you that you would get your phone today.

Yes, I get that it sucks people are now able to pick them up in stores when we "pre-ordered" a week ago. And yes, it sucks that orders are apparently being shipped out of order. AT&T got hit with tens of thousands of requests at once, I'm not sure I can be that mad that their system couldn't keep things straight. And yes, it sucks that AT&T management has not trained their CSR's and we're getting vastly different responses from CSR to CSR.

IMO AT&T could have handled this MUCH better but ultimately AT&T told me I'd have my phone by X date and if it's not yet X date then I just need to be patient and wait.

Last edited:

Sissyboy

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Re read your email. It specifically states first come first serve. People who ordered after me are getting phones. That is what they screwed up.

I gotta give you that one...

There was some crazy stuff happening with order dates and shipping dates.

mixstar336

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2007
MN
Walked into a best buy this morning and picked up a 128GB 6+ at 8am, cancelled my preorder through premier while I was standing there.

I hope someone gets my preorder soon. 6+ is not as huge as everyone is making it out to be - its awesome.

GreenAustin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
My friend who ordered his 6+ just got it in the mail.. ordered at 4:00pm the day after pre order via Apple Store.

Thanks AT&T.

I call ******** without pics to prove it. Why are you thanking ATT if it was ordered via Apple? And Apple's shipping estimates by that time were 3-4 weeks. Pics or it didn't happen.

mbsaeger

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I got the same thing if you have a biz plan you have to order through at&t premier's site

I just have a discount on my account, it's not a biz account. I've never had a problem ordering through apple before this year which is the weird part. :\

msegina613

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Ordered 8:39am EST on the 12th ATT Premiere Order

Was in the 10/31 got bumped to 10/13 a few days ago like everybody else who got bumps.

Just checked my order and it SHIPPED! It is still in DFW but with an 8:51am scan today. I'm assuming a Monday delivery as it does not have the delivery listed yet although it does say UPS Next Day Air Saver.

This is the first time any of our Premiere orders have shipped via UPS, they have always come Fedex.

I have been following the ordering on here for a few days and form what i can see if it ships from TX its always been through UPS. If a shipment came from Tenn it was shipped via Fed Ex.

My assumption is the distribution faciity in TX is near a UPS hub, and the one in Tenn is near a FEDEX hub.

Wilburjoe

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
Just left Verizon. They told me it would be a 5 week wait on the plus if I ordered it today. Looking to switch not because I didnt get it but because of the customer service and lousy communication from this company.

jaeface19

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2013
Walking back from lunch I knew I shouldn't have but I stopped the man in brown and asked if he left anything for me today, of course he said no, hopes officially have been given up.

sgrizzle

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
Preordered at 5 minutes past midnight PST
6+ 64GB Silver
Email said 14-21
Online said Oct 13-22, then changed to Oct 2-13

Nothing ever shipped

Did the line, got a Reservation Pass

Cancelled AT&T order

Typing this response on a 6+

Not ordering from AT&T in the future.

Escher2112

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2011
Michigan
6+ 64GB Silver
Email said 14-21

Nothing ever shipped

Cancelled AT&T order

This ^
Makes my blood boil... Maddening.

BenoftheDead

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2008
PA
Emailed the CEO yesterday. Recieved a phone call from the assistant today she was a huge b!tch. She said I read your email. I told her how I placed my pre-order within 6 minutes after launch (I have premier) and my coworker (not on the premier plan) placed hers almost 5 hours later has a tracking number and I have 10/02. All she said was, I can't speak about other people's orders. I asked her why she has a tracking king number and I don't (having ordered the same 6+, same color, same GB) and she repeated I can't comment on other people's orders but I can cancel yours for you if you want. I didn't want to pass her off and have her cancel my order so I just said no and hung up. Terrible customer service for someone who has phone, home phone, WiFi, and TV for 10 yes with AT&T.

Same thing here... The phone call is more communication than I've recevied since preordering, though. So... I guess that's something?

What a pain this has been.

I think I'm going to stop worrying about it now and just accept the fact that I won't have my phone today. It's been a trip, guys. If you get your phones before me, enjoy them.

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
6+ 64GB Silver
Email said 14-21

Nothing ever shipped

Cancelled AT&T order

Same here! Will order from Apple even if that means I have to wait for their website to be up. I had always ordered from Apple before. Only this time, I went with AT&T because Apple's website was down. :(

Direneedip

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
I'm 90% sure I will not be getting my iphone today. I guess the only silver lining is there has to be another wave of order fulfillments coming similar to the one we saw Wednesday and it should be coming sooner than later. Hopefully.......

Mkm1998

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
First thing that pops up on my order status page: We'll ship your preordered items when they become available.

Bottom line: If AT&T is selling 6 Pluses in stores today, then apparently they have 'become available' and AT&T should be allocating ALL their phones to the people who pre-ordered them already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.