Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Any tackiness/grip to it whatsoever?

Yes. It's really nice in that it's glossy and slides in and out of a pocket without any skidding yet has a grip that won't slip out of your hands.

Again, I'm a huge Spigen fan, really wanted to love the new bumper Neo Hybrid EX I bought, but I can't let this little cheap TPU case go. It's the first time I've experienced the slim/sleek design without all the bulk.

BJ

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2011
Yes. It's really nice in that it's glossy and slides in and out of a pocket without any skidding yet has a grip that won't slip out of your hands.

Again, I'm a huge Spigen fan, really wanted to love the new bumper Neo Hybrid EX I bought, but I can't let this little cheap TPU case go. It's the first time I've experienced the slim/sleek design without all the bulk.

BJ

Ha..it's the same dude I got my gray matte super thin case from (non-TPU) just before launch...the one you put up was for a plus.....reached out about regular iPhone 6...thanks.

Cherish

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
The Spigen Airskin looks similar to the Caudabe Veil but it uses Polycarbornate with Urethane Coating instead of Polypropylene with Matte texture on the veil.

Anyone knows which material is better in terms of feel and durability?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
The Spigen Airskin looks similar to the Caudabe Veil but it uses Polycarbornate with Urethane Coating instead of Polypropylene with Matte texture on the veil.

Anyone knows which material is better in terms of feel and durability?

That just sounds like marketing jibberish to me. I have both and they feel like exactly the same material to me. The only difference being that the Veil feels just slightly thinner than the Spigen.

I got the Caudabe just because I had good experiences with their Veil case for the 5s. If it breaks or chips, their warranty policy is superb. And you'll probably end up breaking or chipping either of these just given how thin they are. But otherwise they're both about the same.

EDIT: by the way, the Spigen isn't necessarily cheaper than the Caudabe. Just searched Amazon and the price for the Spigen depends on which color you get. Frost is cheapest, the gray one the most expensive.

Last edited:

Cherish

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
That just sounds like marketing jibberish to me. I have both and they feel like exactly the same material to me. The only difference being that the Veil feels just slightly thinner than the Spigen.

I got the Caudabe just because I had good experiences with their Veil case for the 5s. If it breaks or chips, their warranty policy is superb. And you'll probably end up breaking or chipping either of these just given how thin they are. But otherwise they're both about the same.

EDIT: by the way, the Spigen isn't necessarily cheaper than the Caudabe. Just searched Amazon and the price for the Spigen depends on which color you get. Frost is cheapest, the gray one the most expensive.

Why did you get both if they feel exactly the same?

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Same here How many case do you have for your iPhone 6?

4 ... and counting! I can't make up my mind between the Caudabe Veil or Spigen Air Cushion. Air Cushion is a little bit thicker than I'd typically want, but it's nice. I tend to be overly protective of my gadgets in the first few months. So ill probably use the Air Cushion and then switch over to the Caudabe after I'm past the honeymoon stage.

For some reason, still intrigued by the Apple silicone case even though I really don't like the feel of it.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
Tech Armor Slim Protect

15fcd6babd74427d05d2ede9fa64cabf.jpg
66100194ea8d9ffa2d3de3d3e9ddfcc1.jpg
63d9017214b7221cbe7e7cc94b24a339.jpg
dbd483e822148e72b4d5c4e467de183d.jpg
516fa33d2270ca8a54f50e5ab855f4a2.jpg
69612d0cfb51120af4ab8f0581aa3ef4.jpg
43df4c6ee0cfdd3b22166927be013b81.jpg

Just did a review in it. It doesn't offer much protection but that's not something a case like this offers anyways.

Cherish

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Tech Armor Slim Protect

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Just did a review in it. It doesn't offer much protection but that's not something a case like this offers anyways.

This looks like the Rearth Slim & Spigen Thinfit case. Based on the pictures, the camera lens is protected but too bad the top is open.

Edit: The power button seems to sink in to the case and does not stick out so your fingers will touch the case when you hit the power button which feels uncomfortable to me like the other 2.

Last edited:

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
This is good based on the reviews but I'm not sure whether it will stand a fall or not

It won't. It's not really designed for that. Not everyone likes these types of cases - because they're so darned thin, they're really only for people who don't worry about dropping their phones.

The one I have is basically the same thing but made by Caudabe. http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

My Caudabe for my iPhone 5 was great. This one for my 6 is more or less the same thing. Feels good in the hand and almost disappears from sight. The frost works really well with the silver and gold iPhones.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I got an insignia clear case from best buy for $14.99 and it's pretty minimalistic with a nice lip for the screen. Dropped my phone yesterday from pocket level and it tumbled, landed face down and not a scratch.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK

You, sir, made a wise choice.

On a lark, I picked this same case in two colors up on Nathan Road in Hong Kong last weekend, been using it back here in the States ever since. It's amazingly thin and crystal clear, looks like I've got nothing on it at all. Has a slight lip on the front screen, nice protections and openings on the bottom.

I'm a huge Spigen fan, bought the Neo Hybrid and was ready to make it my everyday case, but this $5 TPU clear case just won't quit. No matter how hard I try, I can't get over how thin it is yet protective and how much better grip traction I get. And it must be 1/5th of an inch thinner all around than the Spigen, lower too, really makes the Spigen feel huge.

Anyhow, as someone with iPhone Case ADD I can tell you quite assuredly that this $5 bad boy is terrific; the downside is that once you put it on you'll never want to go to another case again.

BJ

Hi BJ,

I'm looking to get the same case after looking at your pics :D Is this supposedly the same case in the UK eBay store?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Thi...sPouches&var=450602285663&hash=item2340e91330

Also, what is the grip-ability like with this case, and is it clear?

Many thanks! ;)

supertomtom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2007
Gold Coast, Australia
Ringke Slim from Amazon for $9.99. http://amzn.to/1sWXVWKIt has a lay on the table design, full coverage with that black grippy feel. I also have a glass screen protector with graded edges I bought off eBay for $5. Seems to be similar to the Zagg one Best Buy sells. http://ebay.to/1sWZzrD

Linked it over here to: http://bit.ly/1sX0S9V

I quite like ringke slim's texture and feel. Had one for iPhone 5 but after a month of use the grippy material around the edges started rubbing off. Hope it isn't as much a problem on the 6 as it doesn't seem to have sharp edges like the 5 case.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Hi BJ,

I'm looking to get the same case after looking at your pics :D Is this supposedly the same case in the UK eBay store?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-Thi...sPouches&var=450602285663&hash=item2340e91330

Also, what is the grip-ability like with this case, and is it clear?

Many thanks! ;)

Looks to be very close indeed, the only difference seems to be the cutout for the headphone jack, everything else looks spot-on.

The case is glossy and has great grip. Completely clear, from 10 feet away people will think you've got no case on at all.

Enjoy.

BJ

eg2007

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2007
I quite like ringke slim's texture and feel. Had one for iPhone 5 but after a month of use the grippy material around the edges started rubbing off. Hope it isn't as much a problem on the 6 as it doesn't seem to have sharp edges like the 5 case.

For $9.99 you really can't go wrong.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Looks to be very close indeed, the only difference seems to be the cutout for the headphone jack, everything else looks spot-on.

The case is glossy and has great grip. Completely clear, from 10 feet away people will think you've got no case on at all.

Enjoy.

BJ

Thanks, just placed an order. Will get back to you once I receive it. ;)

b1scu1t

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2011
I got both of these cases, one for the phantom ATT iPhone 6+ which I will probably get some time when the iphone 6s+ will be released next year(kidding aside, a friend of mine has a verizon 6+ and he is using it).

The ones for 6 are being used by a few friends and they are very happy with it. At $2/case and being shipped from NJ they get it to you very quickly. It is clear just the way I like it and has a good feel to it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400771998969?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151408810874?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I ordered the Shumuri and the Spigen Air on the same day, and was going to cancel one based on which shipped first. Well, the Shumuri case shipped first so I went to cancel the Spigen case thru Amazon, which you can't. You have to send a "request to cancel" to the manufacturer, which I did but they didn't bother to read it until after they shipped their case to me.

So the Spigen arrived before the Shumuri one, and so far I like the Spigen. Although it's not as grippy as I was hoping. Once the other one arrives I'll compare them to see which one I prefer.

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
I have both the Spigen Air and the Shumuri.

I prefer the Shumuri. It's thinner and it also protects the bottom of the iPhone.

The Shumuri doesn't have branding on it either.

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
I have the Caudabe Veil & the Shumuri. Both very similar except the Shumuri has the bottom of the phone covered, which I like. The Veil does not. The grip is about the same and other than the bottom, the protection is about the same. I'm using the Shumuri now because I really like the blue on the space grey phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.