Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonathanlam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Did anyone try cases from shumuri.com? I'm interested to buy the thin cover for iphone 6, but want to know if anyone has try it yet for iPhone 5 or 5S
Any feedback? Thanks!
Here is a photo
Blue_Side_14bd2d88-b8d9-4b87-8cea-ada81edee46c.png

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I second he Spigen Air Skin case. I just ordered one too. With the .4mm thickness the iPhone 6 will STILL be thinner than the 5s with no case. You can't beat that.

I just wish it didn't have the raised lip in the front to protect the screen. I'd rather have no obstructions at the edge of my screen. Oh well.

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Did anyone try cases from shumuri.com? I'm interested to buy the thin cover for iphone 6, but want to know if anyone has try it yet for iPhone 5 or 5S
Any feedback? Thanks!
Here is a photo

I really like this, too. But apparently there's no 6 Plus version?

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
I don't like how the spigen one barely protects the bottom/top/front of phone. I like the option of being able to lay my phone on its face with no worries. It looks like there are some that actually protect the top and bottom, but not every color.

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
What the OP posted is .1mm thinner. I was going to go with the Spigen but now I'm rethinking it with the Shumuri.

Yeah, I'm going to wait till more pictures get posted. But this is probably the case I'm going with. Plus the Spigen doesn't cover the bottom of the device. And looking at my current iPhone 5 bumper, that's where it is scratched the most.

anglognzls

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2011
Yeah, I'm going to wait till more pictures get posted. But this is probably the case I'm going with. Plus the Spigen doesn't cover the bottom of the device. And looking at my current iPhone 5 bumper, that's where it is scratched the most.

The one OP posted is tough! Waiting on more pics.

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I like the Spigen case but don't like that they leave the top exposed. I'm ok with the bottom being exposed. I'm wondering if the Shumuri case is also exposed at the top. It looks to be thinner than the Spigen but their website does not specify that it is exposed at the top.

qnssekr

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2011
I'm looking for a thin hard case. Something similar to elago glide case. Minimal design but a hard plastic from drops. Not a big fan of bulky cases. Any suggestions?

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
I took the change and bought a Grey Shumuri case. 15-18 days shipping without tracking for $5 or pay $20 shipping to get it sooner with tracking.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
That Shumuri looks sweet, the clear case on my gold phone would look awesome. I know there will be hardly any protection but I don't care this phone is big with the bezels and all don't want even more bulk. I'll sacrifice...wondering if I should wait for some reviews though. Can you guys post some pics when you get it?

ntnwwnet

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
dPrmogF.jpg

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

QRFUAkY.jpg

FDOoYrd.jpg

VScTezI.jpg

PNWrider

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Is anyone else waiting for the tech 21 mesh? Smooth and slim... I have it for my 5 and will not buy any other case. Tech21 is not available yet but their blog confirmed it is coming.

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009

My Spigen Air Skin ($16) arrived today and it's exactly what I wanted. It's an extremely slim case just like the Caudabe Veil ($15) case I had for my iPhone 5s.

If you're looking for a slim case, this is the one to get (at least for now). It looks like the iPhone 6 with this case will be thinner than a naked iPhone 5s.

Here's some quick pictures I took comparing it to my iPhone 5s:

Does that protect the front or bottom any?

maxsandis

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2011
New York
I have a Moshi case on my 5 but they don't seem to have one yet for the 6.
Anyone know where I can find a similar case for the 6. What I liked about my current case is that it came with a protective film that you put under the case and stick to your phone and that it was easily removable to clean the phone, because no matter which case you have, something will get in there and scratch the back or sides of your phone (dirt and stuff usually gets in through the camera hole)

jkim3691

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Pulled the trigger on the Shumuri. Had a Caudabe Veil on my iPhone 5 and loved it. Hoping this is somewhat the same. If not, I'll give the Spigen Air Skin a shot.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
Looks exactly like the Caudabe Veil. Im holding out for the Caudabe if for no other reason than they have a good warranty and you'll probably need it for a case like this.

Ayr

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2014
Any feedback? Thanks!
Here is a photo

Nicest case design I've seen yet. Available in the UK?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I understand wanting thin but I had the Veil for 5s, almost no protection and I rather have some so balk at thinnest going forward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.