Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
ugh! just so happens my N6 shipped today. Worst case, I'll return and take advantage of the sale.

Last edited:

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Nice deals but I will never purchase a Motorola product again.

Sent my Moto G in for repair in early December for touch screen issues and fast forward to now and I still haven't receieved my phone back. I contacted them and the tracking number states they received my device however they somehow lost it. To make matters worse, I've called support (based in a foreign country) at least 3 times and each time they have been telling me that a phone will be sent out within 48 hours. Lies every time as I have yet to see the phone. This stupid phone isn't worth this much hassle but now I feel screwed over and won't stop until they send me my property back. Honestly beware of their "support"...the web is full of horror stories. Shame because they seem to make a nice device but not standing by it is just as worthless.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
Was tempted on getting the Moto X 2nd gen, I really like the design of the motorola lineup. Added everything and customized the phone $449.99 then it asked me to pick a carrier. I thought unlocked phone meant no carrier, so that was a extra $100 :mad:

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Was tempted on getting the Moto X 2nd gen, I really like the design of the motorola lineup. Added everything and customized the phone $449.99 then it asked me to pick a carrier. I thought unlocked phone meant no carrier, so that was a extra $100 :mad:

Looks like the Republic Wireless model is $449, the $449 price just mean that's what the price starts from.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
$140 off code here if someone wants to use it.

SWEET-QVOT-X9SF-I72N-DOWX

Was going to use it on a 64gb Nexus 6 and sell my 32gb, but the N6 is excluded so I have no use for it now.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Anyone taking advantage of the deal or does everyone have a Moto X already? I got my promo code, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

$140 off code here if someone wants to use it.

SWEET-QVOT-X9SF-I72N-DOWX

Was going to use it on a 64gb Nexus 6 and sell my 32gb, but the N6 is excluded so I have no use for it now.

I didn't even realize they sold the Nexus 6 through Motorola, those wanting the Droid Turbo have to buy through Verizon.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I'm so tempted by the MotoX, but seems you have to get the $599 one to qualify. The $399 16gb won't qualify for the $100, neither will the $450 one, even with leather cover at $475. IMO it's a huge ripoff to go from 32gb to 64gb in price.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
I'm so tempted by the MotoX, but seems you have to get the $599 one to qualify. The $399 16gb won't qualify for the $100, neither will the $450 one, even with leather cover at $475. IMO it's a huge ripoff to go from 32gb to 64gb in price.

What? It's off any total combined purchases of $499 or more. And considering the 16GB starts at $499, and it's only $50 from 32GB to 64GB. Not a rip-off at all.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
What? It's off any total combined purchases of $499 or more. And considering the 16GB starts at $499, and it's only $50 from 32GB to 64GB. Not a rip-off at all.

The 16gb is $399, so 50 off for about 350, not a bad deal. The 32gb is $449, and only gets the 50 off. To jump to the 64gb brings it to $599. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but that's what they have on their site.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
The 16gb is $399, so 50 off for about 350, not a bad deal. The 32gb is $449, and only gets the 50 off. To jump to the 64gb brings it to $599. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing, but that's what they have on their site.

Where do you see these prices? I think you are looking at the wrong thing. This was mentioned earlier in the thread, for some reason the Republic Wireless models are $100 cheaper. Go to the final part of the Moto Maker process and you will see the real prices. I see: 16GB $499, 32GB $549, 64GB $599.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Where do you see these prices? I think you are looking at the wrong thing. This was mentioned earlier in the thread, for some reason the Republic Wireless models are $100 cheaper. Go to the final part of the Moto Maker process and you will see the real prices. I see: 16GB $499, 32GB $549, 64GB $599.

Yeah I see that now. It's confusing because it says $399 "Unlocked SIM or no contract price" but they don't specify anything else. It's that "FROM" that threw me off. Personally I'm not convinced the phone is worth $499 for 16gb, but that's just me. $399 as a regular price makes more sense, $299 with the deal and I'd grab one.

----------

Just out of curiosity, what are the specs on the republic wireless one and can it be used on another GSM network? In specs there is a USC (XT1093), is that the republic one?

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
23 day wait day period on the 64GB models. :( I'm actually thinking about buying a OnePlus One on Swappa or eBay now.

zOne31

macrumors regular
May 21, 2012
23 day wait day period on the 64GB models. :( I'm actually thinking about buying a OnePlus One on Swappa or eBay now.

Oh wow. I figured haha. I don't have a need for it right now so I'm still debating whether I want to use it before the deadline.

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah I see that now. It's confusing because it says $399 "Unlocked SIM or no contract price" but they don't specify anything else. It's that "FROM" that threw me off. Personally I'm not convinced the phone is worth $499 for 16gb, but that's just me. $399 as a regular price makes more sense, $299 with the deal and I'd grab one.

----------

Just out of curiosity, what are the specs on the republic wireless one and can it be used on another GSM network? In specs there is a USC (XT1093), is that the republic one?

Sounds like you don't think that highly of the phone? $499 is a good price, especially when the iPhone costs $649 for 16GB. And you get the phone for $360 with the $140 off deal. I think Motorola would be crazy to sell it at $399 as regular price.

----------

Yeah I saw that. Pretty crazy, but I guess if you're willing to wait.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
Nice deals but I will never purchase a Motorola product again.

Sent my Moto G in for repair in early December for touch screen issues and fast forward to now and I still haven't receieved my phone back. I contacted them and the tracking number states they received my device however they somehow lost it. To make matters worse, I've called support (based in a foreign country) at least 3 times and each time they have been telling me that a phone will be sent out within 48 hours. Lies every time as I have yet to see the phone. This stupid phone isn't worth this much hassle but now I feel screwed over and won't stop until they send me my property back. Honestly beware of their "support"...the web is full of horror stories. Shame because they seem to make a nice device but not standing by it is just as worthless.
Lol I had the complete opposite experience. Some of the best customer service I've ever had in fact.

Pulled my moto x out of my pocket and discovered a crack going diagonal across the screen. I emailed them and told them exactly what happened. Within 5 minutes I received a reply, within an hour I had a code to customize a brand new phone and I had it a week or so later. AND they told me to keep my old phone to transfer all my stuff to the new phone and said I didn't have to send the old phone back until I was ready (I had about two weeks I believe). AWESOME customer service.

coleblk

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2013
Lol I had the complete opposite experience. Some of the best customer service I've ever had in fact.

Pulled my moto x out of my pocket and discovered a crack going diagonal across the screen. I emailed them and told them exactly what happened. Within 5 minutes I received a reply, within an hour I had a code to customize a brand new phone and I had it a week or so later. AND they told me to keep my old phone to transfer all my stuff to the new phone and said I didn't have to send the old phone back until I was ready (I had about two weeks I believe). AWESOME customer service.

Good to hear, however I still hasn't received a phone promised to me for weeks. Mixed reviews for everyone I'm sure.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Picked up an invite for the OnePlus One, so went with that instead. Here are my two codes for the $140 / $50 off that I picked up Monday for anyone who wants one, and no you can't combine the code with the sale they have going on now. Enjoy!

• SWEET-HVBA-LND6-DPDL-GU7U
  • SWEET-IWMB-TU4T-GPV5-BTFA

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.