Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Red leather since launch. I love the wear honestly. :apple:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 383

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
Black or Midnight Blue leather case ?

(black iPhone 6)

can't choose... help :p

I wanted the Midnight Blue, but I read that when the midnight Blue wears, it becomes close to Black.

Go to page 6 on the link below, and go towards the bottom. A midnight blue showing wear.....

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1780069/

Just something to think about.

Either way, you will enjoy the case. I just got my black one yesterday. Getting Brown next month or after this one is done.

Last edited:

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
So as awesome as Apple is, they are sending me the correct size case but not charging me for the overnight delivery this time. I'll just leave the phone at home tonight for work. I'm afraid to use it there without a case. It's too slippery.

ttuguy09

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2012
So, after much thought, I bit the bullet and bought an Apple Leather Case for my 6+.

I got a free leather case for my 6 and I loved it. I got it for free for a long launch day wait in the Apple Store. It took me a while to justify spending $53 for the 6 plus, but two hours after buying, no regrets here!

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I finally got my case today. I ordered a black case and eventually will buy a red one and switch them out occasionally. I like the red.

On a side note, I can't tell you how much i despise UPS service. Not only do they rarely ring the bell, they come so late at night when I've waited around all day and finally have to leave to do things. They usually get to my house about 5:20PM - 5:30PM.

Anyways, a few pictures of my 6+ in the black leather case. I have a Power Support anti glare film on the phone. My phone is Gold.

Not the best pictures but at least you can get an idea of what the case looks like for those who are wondering. The bottom is open but the corners are well protected.

Attachments

• IMG_9135.JPG
    IMG_9135.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 261
  • IMG_9137.JPG
    IMG_9137.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_9138.JPG
    IMG_9138.JPG
    882.9 KB · Views: 243

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I had Apple black leather cases for iPhone 6 plus that swelled if some casual moisture got onto them. It looked like raised black blisters. The raised portion woul settle down, but what remained present were visual remnants.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
If I werent so keen on waterproof/resistant cases I would totally pick up a black Apple leather case for my 6. Looks pretty premium, despite the fact that I hate the open bottom. Looks classy and fits the iPhone aesthetic perfectly.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
How much variation is there with these cases?

There are users posting pictures of their cases (particularly black and blue) which appear to have a slight grain variation over my red case and the ones I've seen in store.

I thought it was just colour, but the display cases at my local Apple Store are all similar to mine.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I had Apple black leather cases for iPhone 6 plus that swelled if some casual moisture got onto them. It looked like raised black blisters. The raised portion woul settle down, but what remained present were visual remnants.

That's what happened the first one I had on my 6. Funny thing was, I could never remember it being even close to any moisture. Oh well. Apple sent me a replacement overnight with the same amazing customer service I'm used to with them & all has been well. I've had the black leather case on my 6 exclusively since 10/14. I can't find anything I like better...or even as much. They are a bit slippery at first, but get "grippy" with use.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
How much variation is there with these cases?

There are users posting pictures of their cases (particularly black and blue) which appear to have a slight grain variation over my red case and the ones I've seen in store.

I thought it was just colour, but the display cases at my local Apple Store are all similar to mine.

There's cases that will have the pebbled grain and others are pretty flat. I personally like the pebbles grain texture ones.

----------

I finally got my case today. I ordered a black case and eventually will buy a red one and switch them out occasionally. I like the red.

On a side note, I can't tell you how much i despise UPS service. Not only do they rarely ring the bell, they come so late at night when I've waited around all day and finally have to leave to do things. They usually get to my house about 5:20PM - 5:30PM.

wondering. The bottom is open but the corners are well protected.

UPS here always shows up after 7-8PM here. Hate that as well.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
There's cases that will have the pebbled grain and others are pretty flat. I personally like the pebbles grain texture ones.

----------

UPS here always shows up after 7-8PM here. Hate that as well.

Ditto. Wish I'd known of this variation before I ordered a Vaja grip case.

michaelmbpfan

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2013
California
Has anyone ever compared a Apple leather case with a Otterbox defender series? the otterbox on my iphone 5 lasted for about 6 months. The right side of the corner eventually came loose, and the plastic screen protector made useing the keypad a pain in the ass.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Has anyone ever compared a Apple leather case with a Otterbox defender series? the otterbox on my iphone 5 lasted for about 6 months. The right side of the corner eventually came loose, and the plastic screen protector made useing the keypad a pain in the ass.

Compare them how? You mean as far as durability?

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest

Honestly there is nothing to compare. Two completely different styles. Also just take the screen protector off, the case is so much better. I always take those off when I would get those cases. the case looks so much better without it. I just have my own screen protector.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
2 entirely different style of cases. apples to oranges honestly. I dont like either for my 6 plus.

I am stuck between my Thule Atmose X3 and the Speck Candyshell Grip, both in white and black. :mad:

coops

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009

(black iPhone 6)

Midnight blue - wife's got the space grey 6, and the blue leather case is lovely - very dark, gorgeous blue.

I'd also recommend a thicker glass screen protector, as it will reduce the slight lip and also feel great.

blcfla

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2013
Sorry for the crappy iPad Air photo quality but here's my brown on white after about 3-4 months of use

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

myztikal47

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007
Has anyone successfully tried exchanging their case due to the leather wear yet?

I've had my Product RED case for my 6 plus since September and the dye has really worn of on the edges. I mean it's pretty bad, it's almost starting to look black all around the front edge and sides. For the $52 I paid for the case, I can't say I'm too happy. I wish the silicone one was less stick, otherwise I'd definitely get that instead.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I'm using the brown now and have been giving it some leather cleaner and conditioner. I can tell where it's going to wear.

Funny thing was that my wife thought it was a chocolate bar when seeing the phone laying on it's screen side.

AreanFSL

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
My navy for my 6 is holding up perfect with daily use. I've been considering the product RED. Does this color tend to show its use, in terms of dirt/grime?

----------

(black iPhone 6)

IMO the midnight blue looks awesome on black.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.