Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Has anyone had an issue with the bottom of the case being open?? I'm very precious with my devices and hardly ever drop them. Phone is just in my pocket and at me work desk while at work. I want this case but that's my only concern really.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

Attachments

• Gabourey-Sidibe-claireece-precious-jones-Precious-Based-on-the-Novel-Push-by-Sapphire.jpg
    Gabourey-Sidibe-claireece-precious-jones-Precious-Based-on-the-Novel-Push-by-Sapphire.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 114

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
I finally jumped on the leather case after 2 months since I got my phone back in Dec. I wanted the olive brown, but I will start out with the black. I have the space gray. Case is pending delivery for today so it better be there when I get home:mad:

I almost allowed the reviews to sway me away from having my own experience of getting the leather one, but at $45 and seeing some of the pics(midnight blue, olive Brown, Black, my color choices,) I couldn't blame myself for hesitating, especially seeing how they do look after only a few weeks. The mid-night blue disappointed me the most as far as the wear because it looked like the black case.

Anyways, I'm the phone in front pocket person so I'm not too worried about it being ruined.

Last edited:

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I finally jumped on the leather case after 2 months since I got my phone back in Dec. I wanted the olive brown, but I will start out with the black. I have the space gray. Case is pending delivery for today so it better be there when I get home:mad:

I almost allowed the reviews to sway me away from having my own experience of getting the leather one, but at $45 and seeing some of the pics(midnight blue, olive Brown, Black, my color choices,) I couldn't blame myself for hesitating, especially seeing how they do look after only a few weeks. The mid-night blue disappointed me the most as far as the wear because it looked like the black case.

Anyways, I'm the phone in front pocket person so I'm not too worried about it being ruined.

I would certainly hope you were a phone in the front pocket person since only a fool would put it in their back pocket and sit on it.

xxjonoxx

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2009
This is a bit odd, but I have a Apple OEM White Silicone case for the 6 Plus. I bought it at a Apple Retail store. I am looking to sell it for $20 shipped. Still has the packaging and it is mint condition. Barely used it. PM me if interested.

(sold my iPhone and bought a Note 4 is the reason I am selling it)

crispApple

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2015
Wisconsin
I've had my brown leather case for about a month. Love how it is wearing. Got a little paint on it that's the silver color. But feels great looks nice.

55F70E5E-B861-44A5-AC8B-AD351095A8A5-8468-000006400830C96E_zps68f83131.jpg

C9F81A04-54BA-42F8-AAA8-11E0346A475D-8468-0000063FFD658FF1_zpsc0eb4f04.jpg

4AA09C81-4DA6-4413-BCEC-D67CAE579077-8468-0000064015A1AB9B_zpsf60c6261.jpg

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I swear I've tried (tried...not bought) 50 other cases for my iPhone 6...and I keep coming back to my Apple leather case. I just really like the feel and fit of it, I guess. Everything else seems either totally nonprotective, or super bulky on it that I guess I'll just stay with it until it wears out...then I'll buy another one. They're super expensive for what they are, but at least I don't have to waste my money on other cases.

Apple gets a pat on the back for this case, that's for sure.

Nerdface Killah

macrumors member
May 30, 2013
I took my pink case back and got it swapped under the warranty. I read over at reddit there's supposedly an updated version of either the silicone or the leather or maybe both of the cases. Not sure but I remember someone in here asking about the amount of force needed to press the lock and volume buttons. Well my older pink case which I got at launch was very easy to press either keys and it was like that from the start. This new one it's much harder to hit those keys and takes a lot more force.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
I'm about to order the black case to go with my Gold 6+. I'm gonna have it overnighted so I can have the case to take with me to work tomorrow. That and a screen protector. I like that screen protectors resist most of the oily fingerprints.

Edit: I just placed my order.

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I was skeptical at first due to the price until I bit the bullet and got the black one. I can see why so many love this case. It looks and feels great. Doesn't feel cheap that's for sure.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
The problem is the leather scuffs easily God forbid if you drop it, it'll look horrible.

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
The problem is the leather scuffs easily God forbid if you drop it, it'll look horrible.

What do you think a case is supposed to be for? It's to protect the phone from getting scratches. If the case gets naked up, who cares because that means the case is doing it's job. Right?

People on these sites forget what a case is meant for.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
It's a question of how unattractive something might get in too short an order. Take clothing, for instance. I wouldn't wear a dress suit when there is a chance that I might have to climb rocks. Others might wear the suit and, on first interaction with rocks, pronounce the tears and scrapes to be character, to be worn with pride. I'd rather have on technical gear in case of climbing rocks so that my outfit appears none the worse for wear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.