Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Took a few test shots
xO3GRmS.jpg

XxiE2xQ.jpg

tZKVzUS.jpg

0sg9C0E.jpg

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
After using it for a day, I would rather use my Moto G simply because of the battery. Everything else about this phone is great though

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Really liking my Nexus 6 :D

Have had it like a month now, and with the couple different ROM's I run, I average every day like 5.5h Screen On time, can sometimes squeeze out 6h SOT, but then the battery is in the red single %.

So battery life is pretty good, above average I would say. It's not killer awesome like the iPhone 6 Plus, but 5.5h SOT is above the minimum of getting the job done for me, during busy workdays.

Other than that, this phone is screaming fast, super smooth, and the large AMOLED screen, once dialed in with a custom kernel is beautiful.

And after a short while, the large size becomes comfortably normal. I have a very ultra thin Nillkin rubber case, and tempered glass protector, and it feels very light and thin, with good grip.

I would highly recommend this phone.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
This is all very promising and I'm glad people here are enjoying their Nexuses (Nexi?).

My excitement though is mainly aimed at this year's potential Nexus phones. The current Nexus 6 is just too big for me. If the rumors are true, and Google plans to have two variations of the Nexus phone this year, I'll be looking really closely at the smaller one of the two.

All promising stuff.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
So what will they call the next generation phone since there's already a Nexus 7 tablet?

Love the 5 but the size and price of the 6 forced me to go elsewhere. Something closer to the size and price of the 5 again would be much more appealing.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
This is all very promising and I'm glad people here are enjoying their Nexuses (Nexi?).

My excitement though is mainly aimed at this year's potential Nexus phones. The current Nexus 6 is just too big for me. If the rumors are true, and Google plans to have two variations of the Nexus phone this year, I'll be looking really closely at the smaller one of the two.

All promising stuff.

What size rumors are out there? I havent seen anything on it as of yet. If it is over 5.2" , its still too big for my liking.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
This phone continues to impress me and I am having a hard time to find a reason to buy another phone to try which is normally my problem.

This thing is blazing fast with stock Android, has a beautiful screen once tweaked, and the size is not an issue at all as I have grown to normalize myself with it and keeping it naked with just a skin on the back.

Also, the camera is way better than I originally thought as I have gotten used to the inner details of how to get a great pic with what it supplies.

It is going to take something to really blow me away to get me off the N6 at this point.

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
This phone continues to impress me and I am having a hard time to find a reason to buy another phone to try which is normally my problem.

This thing is blazing fast with stock Android, has a beautiful screen once tweaked, and the size is not an issue at all as I have grown to normalize myself with it and keeping it naked with just a skin on the back.

Also, the camera is way better than I originally thought as I have gotten used to the inner details of how to get a great pic with what it supplies.

It is going to take something to really blow me away to get me off the N6 at this point.

I agree with everything you've said. I have 4 buddies who had iPhone 6+ and all of them have purchased a Nexus 6 because they enjoyed using mine, all of which were not fans of android prior due to their "experiences".

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
yes, stock android can have that effect on people in my experience

you cant try a samsung or lg phone and then think that experience will be the same on nexus, it's a different product really

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012

Totally agree :) :)

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Leaves me wondering whether they're getting ready for an update soon so they want to clear out of the inventory before the update.
It is exactly this. They did this for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. I'm not surprised if it's just a way to get rid of excess stock.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I just picked this phone up at Best Buy...$349 + 10% movers coupons...this was a complete steal, IMO! If you guys want this phone, get it from BB, so you can get the discount.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
It is exactly this. They did this for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and Nexus 5. I'm not surprised if it's just a way to get rid of excess stock.

For me I'm trying to decide whether I should go for the HTC One M9 (Android 5.1 is out in my country on my carrier - all the reviews so far have been pretty positive) or the Nexus 6.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
For me I'm trying to decide whether I should go for the HTC One M9 (Android 5.1 is out in my country on my carrier - all the reviews so far have been pretty positive) or the Nexus 6.

The One M9 or the Nexus 6 ? Wow no competition, the Nexus 6 all the way. Especially for $349. What's the M9 selling for ? Like $549 ? Even if they were the same price, the Nexus 6 is clear winner.

Last edited:

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
Nexus 6. Easy choice imo.

I decided to go with the HTC One M9 given that it was on special which worked out to be the same price as a Nexus 32GB model. I put in a 128GB microsd card and updated it to Android 5.1 - everything is going well and I haven't had any issues with the camera that so many have moaned about in the past. Having had a look at the iPhone 6S I can't help but go 'meh' and realised that I made the right decision when I did especially if we end up finding out it still has a pathetically small 1GB RAM.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Sense is just horrible though, it looks so dated. Install Nova or something similar and you are golden

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
I decided to go with the HTC One M9 given that it was on special which worked out to be the same price as a Nexus 32GB model. I put in a 128GB microsd card and updated it to Android 5.1 - everything is going well and I haven't had any issues with the camera that so many have moaned about in the past. Having had a look at the iPhone 6S I can't help but go 'meh' and realised that I made the right decision when I did especially if we end up finding out it still has a pathetically small 1GB RAM.
I doubt it has 1GB RAM. I also don't think it is a "meh" device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.