Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I'm looking around to try to figure out if Samsung Pay is even out yet, because I can't find the app in the Galaxy Apps store by name. :|

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Well the good thing about Swappa is it goes through PayPal and if you get any issues you can always file a claim and get your money back. I havent heard of many instances of bad situations on Swappa though. I don't trust anyone in person these days even if we meet in the store.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Ebay is one of the last places people should sell stuff like phones, especially with the 6 month period now people can file a claim on you

Yep.....i avoid ebay at all costs.

you guys avoid ebay as buyers or sellers or both?

seems like it is pretty good on the buying side (for new phones at least), as long as the manufacturer will honor the warranty

The only used phone purchase I've ever done was through swappa. Bought a still under warranty iphone 5 that ended up having cellular problems. Got it replaced at the apple store. Can't really blame swappa, but damn am I glad I made sure warranty was valid. I've never sold a used phone, keep them to repurpose or give to family member

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Dammit!

I sold off all my other smartphones (Moto X '13 & iPhone 6+) because I'm trying to commit to just owning and using one phone (the Galaxy S6) for at least the next 12 months.

Of course, as soon as the other phones were shipped off to their new homes I immediately start getting antsy to try more phones. This is darned expensive, and time consuming hobby. I really don't even have a good reason to frequent these message boards anymore, but here I am....every day.

Any serial phone changers here who've found a way to just settle in with one device?

I literally could not ask for a better phone for me than the S6, and yet I keep wanting to see if the grass is greener elsewhere.

:eek::mad::rolleyes::(:cool:

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
I can understand that people can have perks with multiple phones and it is hard to give up. I am looking to move to iOS myself, especially with timely updates and a better user experience for me personally. I don't know if the 6+ is worth using for just a few months till the 6S+/6S. I might decide to keep my new 64 GB S6 Edge and flip the 32 GB one for a loss to just get some money saved up for a new MacBook.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Dammit!

I sold off all my other smartphones (Moto X '13 & iPhone 6+) because I'm trying to commit to just owning and using one phone (the Galaxy S6) for at least the next 12 months.

Of course, as soon as the other phones were shipped off to their new homes I immediately start getting antsy to try more phones. This is darned expensive, and time consuming hobby. I really don't even have a good reason to frequent these message boards anymore, but here I am....every day.

Any serial phone changers here who've found a way to just settle in with one device?

I literally could not ask for a better phone for me than the S6, and yet I keep wanting to see if the grass is greener elsewhere.

Yeah its something I always struggle with, you will always want to see what device is better and always wonder how a device is.

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Well the good thing about Swappa is it goes through PayPal and if you get any issues you can always file a claim and get your money back. I havent heard of many instances of bad situations on Swappa though. I don't trust anyone in person these days even if we meet in the store.

Ahhh, selling on eBay used to be good. People are just dirtbags now. I havent sold a phone on eBay for a while and never had any issues but seems things are getting bad. People are just dishonest. eBay charges too much now as well.

Ive never had a problem buying anything which i do most often.

----------

Dammit!

Glad i dont have that sickness. I find it pretty easy to stick to one phone. Like you said, it is too expensive and a pain to sell them off all the time.

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
I sell most of mine on Swappa these days. Fees are lighter than eBay and buyers usually tend to be more informed and credible. I stress usually because I recently sold my 2013 Moto X on Swappa and the buyer tried to return it because it wasn't the Developer Edition, even though my listing wasn't in the Developer Edition section, nor was it described as such. He filed a PayPal claim and PayPal and Swappa actually ruled in my favor. I just assumed they always defaulted to things being the fault of the seller.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
you guys avoid ebay as buyers or sellers or both?

seems like it is pretty good on the buying side (for new phones at least), as long as the manufacturer will honor the warranty

The only used phone purchase I've ever done was through swappa. Bought a still under warranty iphone 5 that ended up having cellular problems. Got it replaced at the apple store. Can't really blame swappa, but damn am I glad I made sure warranty was valid. I've never sold a used phone, keep them to repurpose or give to family member
I avoid eBays as a seller. Too many dishonest people out there.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
Dammit!

Anything more than one premium smartphone every 12 months is highly excessive...

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
It's interesting how so many people share that same sentiment these days. You'd think eBay would do something about it. There has to be a way to limit fraud.
I guess until it hurts them in $$$ they will not react. I have heard from a ton of people how ebay is a buyer site now. People routinely take advantage of the buyer protection policies to rip sellers off. In their minds the buyer is always right.
I sold a perfect mint condition laptop on ebay last year. The seller filed a complaint 39 days later saying the laptop was not as described. He did not contact me prior to filing to say something was wrong. eBay automatically refunded him the money through paypal. I got the laptop back to find it all scratched up with a key missing. There was literally nothing I could do. I took it in the shorts on that one. The buyer ineffect just rented it for a while damaged it then returned it. ebayed just assumed he was right and i was wrong. Horrible customer service. I called them and wrote a letter/emails. Did not good.

----------

Good to know.

yeah i have had 3 so far this month.....

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I sold a perfect mint condition laptop on ebay last year. The seller filed a complaint 39 days later saying the laptop was not as described. He did not contact me prior to filing to say something was wrong. eBay automatically refunded him the money through paypal. I got the laptop back to find it all scratched up with a key missing. There was literally nothing I could do. I took it in the shorts on that one. The buyer ineffect just rented it for a while damaged it then returned it. ebayed just assumed he was right and i was wrong. Horrible customer service. I called them and wrote a letter/emails. Did not good.

He didn't even rent it. He borrowed it.
You basically lent your laptop to a complete stranger who then damaged it and gave it back. I expect that you even had to refund his shipping charges too.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
He didn't even rent it. He borrowed it.
You basically lent your laptop to a complete stranger who then damaged it and gave it back. I expect that you even had to refund his shipping charges too.
yep it was a very costly rental for me! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.