Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archmagination

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2004
I find it interesting that they updated the sorting algorithms.. I have my library sorted by artist and it used to be bands like 3 Doors Down were at the top, but now they are last.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Calm down - we all know the term "gay" has come to mean something else. Like lame or not cool. Its easier if you use the new spelling to imply the difference - "GHEY"

I sure hope he's not being a homophobe - because homophobes are GHEY!

Yeah, I just take that very personally. There are still many homophobes where I'm from so when they say "gay", they mean homosexual. But this is a different conversation so I'll drop it in this thread.

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
I'm surprised they've left the evidence of ringtones so unhidden without actually announcing that they'll be available. I'm curious whether it's a dispute with AT&T or with the music labels that's holding up the announcement of this?

200paul

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I know exactly what you mean. Just like my friends all use "200paul" to mean "stupid" or "ignorant." It's not a reference to you -- it's just a word we happen to use.

On topic -- I'm surprised they've left the evidence of ringtones so unhidden without actually announcing that they'll be available. I'm curious whether it's a dispute with AT&T or with the music labels that's holding up the announcement of this?

HAHAHAHHAA - That made me laugh - thanks for making my morning here at work. I get that its a justification and that its rooted in bad things but its just the way words have evolved and I was trying to cut the guy some slack.

Anyway - RINGTONES RINGTONES RINGTONES!!!!

williedigital

Cancelled
Oct 4, 2005
woot

They fixed a longstanding issue of mine. Before Itunes could not properly set cover art for mp4 files containing 5.1 aac audio. Now it can. Not sure if this is a possible hint of 5.1 aac movies coming to the itunes movie store, but it's cool nonetheless.

marchhare

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2006
And "dumb" means a mute person. So don't use that word either.

Anyways, back on topic: Earlier I posted about iTunes 7.3 problems starting up. Turns out that it was a ShapeShifter Theme conflict. Restoring defaults solved the issue.

Although, in annoying news, I went to the apple store before I checked that out and the Genius bar is tied up all day with the excuse "It is iPhone day." But it doesn't come out for another few hours, what are they needing advice about right now?! Ugh. iPhone folks.

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
But yeah, full screen cover flow, spiffy, but I doubt I could ever find it useful. Wish I could just click and drag the albums like on the iPhone instead of needing to use that scrollbar...

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
I think I'll stick with 7.2 for a while and let you fine people be the guinea pigs. Last time I updated (7.1 to 7.2) it completely messed up my iPod/iTunes syncing, and took me weeks to find a solution, and then hours to fix.

dshootist

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2005
anybody else getting the -50 error?

After re-start and accepting the terms, I keep getting the "The iTunes Library file cannot be save. An unknown error occurred (-50). Anyone got a fix or workaround? Running 10.4.1 on a 1GHz PB G4. I tried changing the permissions but still getting the error message.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
After re-start and accepting the terms, I keep getting the "The iTunes Library file cannot be save. An unknown error occurred (-50). Anyone got a fix or workaround? Running 10.4.1 on a 1GHz PB G4. I tried changing the permissions but still getting the error message.

Do you mean 10.4.10 or 10.4.1

Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later or Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later required for iTunes

Headrush69

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2007
I think I'll stick with 7.2 for a while and let you fine people be the guinea pigs. Last time I updated (7.1 to 7.2) it completely messed up my iPod/iTunes syncing, and took me weeks to find a solution, and then hours to fix.
On both a G4 and Hackintosh 7.3 worked perfectly, no issues.

In addition to iPhone support, AppleTV support is also added.

LittleRichie

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
G4, G5?

7.3 requires 10.4.10 for the iPhone.
What about Panther?
Works with old XP PC's. Not 2-year old Macs?

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
7.3 requires 10.4.10 for the iPhone.
What about Panther?
Works with old XP PC's. Not 2-year old Macs?

It'll work with 2-year old Macs who have upgraded to an OS that has been out for 2 years.

I would kind of suspect that kind of person who would buy a $500/$600 iPhone would also probably be likely to have upgraded to Tiger at some point in the past couple of years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.