Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

ThinkSecret has updated their story which claims that a hard-drive based "touch-screen iPod" will take center stage tomorrow.

They also now reveal details about the iPod Nano, which is said to have a higher resolution display (320x240) with Flash-based capacities to top out at 12GB or 16GB.

They provide screenshots from the user interface videos, along with captures that were not previous released depicting Events and Cover Flow.

The screenshots are sourced from the same set of videos that were leaked and later pulled in July.

Article Link

AoWolf

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Daytona Beach
..count me in! I wonder if the Nanos will play video...

shuffle1

I guess we will know tomorrow for sure I expect allot out of this generation they have had a year to work on it. I wonder if apple will try to one up the competitions players (features wise) or just build on what they already have.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
I still don't understand why the digital clock says 5:55 and the analog clock clearly reads 4:55. That just seems like a bad mockup and not a screen shot of an actual working program. I mean, when an analog clock is almost at 6:00, the little hand almost is on the 6, not directly on the 5.

There are a number of issues with these videos. But they really do seem apple like and appropriate for a smaller screen. I just don't get why there are so many issues with them.

iliketomac

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2006
Can't wait to see them! BUT I'm wondering if all my accessories and sound dock will still fit and work with the new nanos?? please please do... I'd hate to spend more $$ on new attachments, etc...

EaZy Corp

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2007
I knew It!!!

:eek: I KNEW IT :eek:
Ive been waiting for this since December of 2006. Now we get to fully experience videos in a full wide screen environment...I hope iPod looks like the iphone.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Ive been waiting for this since December of 2006. Now we get to fully experience videos in a full wide screen environment...I hope iPod looks like the iphone.

320x240 is not widescreen. Although I assume the ipod touch will be widescreen, just not actual 16:9. Same as iphone.

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
Came across the alleged screenshots several hours ago on thinksecret.com.

Very nice, if they are indeed, the real thing.

If this new iPod comes with at least 100GB; I might just *finally** buy my first ever iPod!:eek:

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I knew the iPod touch would use a Hard Drive...

Flash did not make sense...

That's what I've been saying as well, flash iPods would be too expensive and still compete with the current iPhones.

HDD Touch iPods would pwn, if they are released tomorrow I'll be buying one.

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
When I heard about the "Events" category in the new Interface I thought that would be a new "view" in iTunes where you could set up an "Event" for each one of your Artists and personalize it with a custom picture of the band and inside would obviously be their songs (you could even go into another folder divided into their respected albums but I guess that would be TOO organized and all and all too much clicking)

I'm interested in seeing the new interface in person rather than picture stills -- with that being said I can hardly wait for tomorrow's event!

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Looking good. I'll be buying the new nano as long as... a) The size is between 12 or 16 GB, b) The price isn't redonkulous, c) They don't come in those horrific colors that were leaked (I so wanted a Blue Nano for the longest, but I had no need for it)

bigbossbmb

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2004
Pasadena/Hollywood

holding the iPod sideways doesn't make it "widescreen"... the iPhone is not widescreen, it is still standard 4:3.

if it has wifi, count me in... if it doesn't, then it's a distant maybe...

jer446

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
if it has wifi, the possibilities are endless.. then people would hack it to have aim, skype, and everything else.. i never needed an ipod.. but if it is 100 gb with wifi.. i think im in..

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
I hope so. Their iPod rumors are always realistic. Unlike everyone else's speculations.

-=|Mgkwho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.