Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Here's my humble setup:

Powermac G5 1.6 + iBook G4 1.33Ghz

Boy, do I need to upgrade :rolleyes:

Nice setup! I still love those old Cinema Displays. I had a 17" Studio Display with my old Dual G4. Not quite a Cinema Display, but it looked nice! :cool:

Also, iBook G4's are awesome. I'm actually typing this on mine right now. I've only had it about a year, but it's one of my favorite computers I've ever owned. Sure, it's not very fast, but it's definitely fine for general use and honestly, it gets more use than my C2D 20" iMac. :eek:

Gotta love portability. :cool:

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Messy setup:

3190295435_2c5195629a_o.jpg

Btw, not my desktop. It was one I had saved (Evolution?) for geek tool and pasted it in really quick since the screen was blown out :D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Not quite Steve, but I do enjoy a good bottle of Smart Water.

One word: Dust
I used to drink nothing but SW, 4-5 bottles daily. It is the best tasting room-temp water out there. I drink most my water room temp for various reasons. Nowadays I just buy whatever mostly because I am too cheap to spend $14 on 12 bottles. :D
This is my setup, I just got the G5 for a pretty sweet deal.

P1030906.jpg
This makes me think I need to buy a new corner desk. :( It is very classy looking in there.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Here's my humble setup:

Powermac G5 1.6 + iBook G4 1.33Ghz

ACD.jpg

Boy, do I need to upgrade :rolleyes:

Ugh...the days of having multiple windows for iChat. What version of Mac OS X are you using? There is a plug-in called Chax that added tabs to iChat to consolidate all the windows. I think it works for Tiger.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
Ugh...the days of having multiple windows for iChat. What version of Mac OS X are you using? There is a plug-in called Chax that added tabs to iChat to consolidate all the windows. I think it works for Tiger.

You still can have multiple ichat message windows. Go to ichat preferences then the messages pane and there is an option you can select.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
You still can have multiple ichat message windows. Go to ichat preferences then the messages pane and there is an option you can select.

It was more of a ughh..in disgust. I hated having multiple windows, used up so much of the screen. I don't like the way Leopard iChat implements tabs, where they are on the side. Most of the time I am only talking to one, maybe 2 or 3 people and then there is a huge blank spot below the names. I wish they did it like Chax, with all the names below the window.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
And I thought my MBP was 54% original capacity was bad :D

my 12" PB also doesn't last long on battery. the battery indicator will charge up to 100% but this is obviously not correct since the battery will quickly go to red levels and then a window will pop-up saying i'm on battery power or something, which means that the battery will be dead soon. so, i never use my PB on battery and if i do, i have the screen dimmed as low as possible, can't listen to itunes or music on the internet or watch youtube as it will drain the battery faster. if i pop a dvd in, i will get maybe 5 minutes from a full charge before the battery dies. so no movie watching for me either on the road. currently, if lucky, i'll get a half hour of juice with the computer only doing the lightest of loads (word processing and email). not sure if a new battery will be worth it. i would like to be able to watch a full movie on battery with still some more juice left while i am on the road.

does anyone here who have a 12" PB and a fairly new battery attest if my expectations for a new battery performance on 12" PB are correct? a full movie (dvd) plus some? if so, i might be tempted to fork however much a new battery cost.

tominabox1

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2008
does anyone here who have a 12" PB and a fairly new battery attest if my expectations for a new battery performance on 12" PB are correct? a full movie (dvd) plus some? if so, i might be tempted to fork however much a new battery cost.

When I had my PB 12" battery replaced due to recall 3 years ago, the new battery got about 5 hours of non-strenuous use, so I imagine you could get through at least one movie with a new battery.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
When I had my PB 12" battery replaced due to recall 3 years ago, the new battery got about 5 hours of non-strenuous use, so I imagine you could get through at least one movie with a new battery.

nice. 5 hrs is more than i expected. good to know. thanks.

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006

10 cycles - easily gets a DVD and some extra work done. I often get 4 hours continual use. I always watch from the HD though.

namethisfile

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2008
10 cycles - easily gets a DVD and some extra work done. I often get 4 hours continual use. I always watch from the HD though.

my PB can't handle DVD rips. for some reason, the new quicktime taxes the PB and makes movie playback jittery and unwatchable. granted, i haven't really played around with handbrake and the different encoding suitable for my PB. i simply use the default setting which is h.264, i think. but, this is probably for a different thread... thanks for the replies anyway.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Funny story about that water..
It's bottled here in norway, but they don't usually sell it here. So when one store chain sold some of it they had to import it back from the us.. So Voss, Norway to US to Oslo, Norway :p

it just might be an american company who wants to make a good product by making them in your country and then charging more money for that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.