Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wawathings

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2008
wow l3ebs thats a nice set up?
where are you from ?
what do you do for a living? thats a nice room is it an apartment or second level house ?
one of the best iv seen on macrumors.

ZAK248313

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006
When I first got the LED- had it set up dual screen like this:

n595673473_1924206_2053.jpg

Since changed my mind and just going the single screen option. Think its a lot cleaner on my desk- and when I un-dock after work and just work off my notebook at home- I'm not reliant on having a second screen becuase I'm so used to it.

photo.jpg

l3ebs

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2008
hey mate.
live in new zealand.
last year of high school.
and its the second level of a house.
cheers

YahonMaizosz

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007

<snip>

Since changed my mind and just going the single screen option. Think its a lot cleaner on my desk- and when I un-dock after work and just work off my notebook at home- I'm not reliant on having a second screen becuase I'm so used to it.

<snip>

Just my Opinion, your dual screen setup looks better to me.. Also, dual screen setup is always better than a single screen due to the extra real estate available..

But again.. Just my opinion.. Great setup btw..:)

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Just my Opinion, your dual screen setup looks better to me.. Also, dual screen setup is always better than a single screen due to the extra real estate available..

I disagree, his single display looks much better and cleaner. It gets annoying to have to turn and look down at the second display.

Unless the screens are at an equal level, I always prefer single display mode.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008

<snip>

<snip>

I disagree, his single display looks much better and cleaner. It gets annoying to have to turn and look down at the second display.

I have to agree i guess with both these guys :D
I would take dual screen any day over single screen (not with my macbook, but with a MBP) but they HAVE to be at the same eye level, otherwise my neck would be shot in 2 hours!

Ljohnson72

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Denver, Co
I'd have to say this is the nicest setup I've seen. I'm *very* jealous :p

I'm hoping to upgrade to a Mac Pro this summer, but there's no way I could either afford a 30" ACD (Let alone a new LCD TV), or fit a desk that size in my room. :(

I appreciate it!

Oh God. The desk. I forgot to measure my staircase (which is curved) and the door opening and it was a PITA getting it up the stairs! Took 4 people, a couple furnature dollys, gloves and a dinged up wall! :D It's 6' long and 36" deep.

lmps56

macrumors member
May 20, 2008
Canada's Cap.

Absolutely right. Not only can it damage your neck but your eyes too. The constant and quick switching from a bright lit external display to a darker smaller display just can't be good for you.

ZAK248313

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2006

<snip>

<snip>

Yeah, I'm still a bit torn. It was kind of nice having the 2 screens, but I like the minimal feel of my workspace now a bit more.

Agree, that was a big annoying.

I would take dual screen any day over single screen (not with my macbook, but with a MBP) but they HAVE to be at the same eye level, otherwise my neck would be shot in 2 hours!
Yeah, if they were both at eye level, I might have to give it another try.

YahonMaizosz

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2007
Get the aluminum laptop stand for MB..

I am sure that it will raise it to the same eye level as the LED display and also make your entire setup looks even better.. :)

macgrl

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
My set up. MBP as is in sig. Out of pic is a 500GB time capsule and my iphone

Attachments

• DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 315

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
My set up. MBP as is in sig. Out of pic is a 500GB time capsule and my iphone

YAY! BLUE everywhere!! :D

Lol, "...For Dummies"
You can imagine my horror when I discovered the following at my local bookstore. But after reading the entire cover found out it isn't a reference for those "dummies" who have contracted Hepatitis.

%7B67DDEEFF-0E1C-45F9-BAA0-6A1AEECE6013%7DImg100.jpg

St0rMl0rD

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2008
Slovenia
Here's what my setup will remain like until there's a new iMac 24" released, which will replace my hackintosh. One's with the iPhone dock, one's with my Apple cap. Sorry for the crappy pics (iPhone took 'em).

Peace,
-J

Attachments

• IMG_0256.JPG
    IMG_0256.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 94

IFRS

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
Behind my mac and iPhone

With the display of your mac down, will it not hurt your display.
I'm afraid the temperature will damage the mac.

What's your opinion? :)

gdeusthewhizkid

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
NY|NJ
here's my setup

here's my modest setup taken with my iphone 3g. I run logic studio.. ill post my mac mini setup within a few weeks when i get my new tv and ps3 for madden and the blue ray player...

Attachments

• my spot 2.jpg
    my spot 2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 108
  • my spot.jpg
    my spot.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.