Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sadly Aperture is left out of the mix, maybe there will be an update to it shortly :(

Zargot

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2004
Texas
Wow, education (individual) price for FCS is now $899... :eek:

Education (institution) price dropped to $299 though...

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
DVD Studio Pro finally supports Blu-Ray Authoring! :D

You can now easily burn a Blu-ray disc or a DVD directly from Compressor. Quickly add a menu to your disc by choosing one of the beautiful Apple-designed HD or SD templates included in Compressor. Because Compressor uses an open XML-based template format, you can import third-party or custom templates for a specific look.

*Logs on to Apple Store to order upgrade*

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If you give MPs BR support and nothing else hell will have fury on Steveo's day.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I would have never noticed since Apple doesn't like to promote anything that isn't iPhone related.

xparaparafreakx

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Logic Studio for me. Awesome. Guess the people who got 2009 Mac Pro, this might address the performance issue. Too bad they gotta pay to get a fix that should of came out as an update.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Updates Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio

Apple today released updates to its professional video and audio editing applications: Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio.

The revised Final Cut Studio brings over 100 new features to the application suite including new versions of nearly every component application and is priced at $999, a $300 discount over the previous version.
Apple today announced a significant update to Final Cut Studio with more than 100 new features and new versions of Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color and Compressor. Final Cut Studio features Final Cut Pro 7 which expands Apple's ProRes codec family to support virtually any workflow and includes Easy Export for one step output to a variety of formats and iChat Theater support for real-time collaboration. Motion 4 includes enhanced tools such as 3D shadows, reflections and depth of field for stunning motion graphics and visual effects, and Soundtrack Pro 3 features new multitrack audio tools to streamline audio post production. Color 1.5 includes better Final Cut Pro integration and support for full color resolution, and Compressor 3.5 adds new features that make it easy to set up and customize your export options. At $999, the new Final Cut Studio is $300 less than the previous release and is also available as an upgrade for just $299.
Apple also introduced Final Cut Server 1.5, offering a number of new features for Apple's media management companion to Final Cut Pro. The new version includes unlimited licenses for $999, and existing Final Cut Server users can upgrade for $299.

The updated Logic Studio package brings significant revisions to Apple's flagship audio application suite, bringing major changes to Logic Pro and MainStage and incorporating over 200 new features.
Apple today unveiled the next version of Logic Studio with major upgrades to Logic Pro and MainStage and more than 200 new features that simplify complex tasks. Logic Pro 9 features new Amp Designer and Pedalboard plug-ins that provide realistic virtual guitar amps and stompbox effects to create amazing custom guitar rigs. A new set of Flex Time tools allow Logic users to manipulate the timing and tempo of audio quickly and easily. MainStage 2, Apple's live performance application, includes the new Playback and Loopback plug-ins to provide backing tracks and creative, real-time loop recording for performing on stage. Logic Studio also includes the new Soundtrack Pro 3, with new multitrack audio tools for video production, and Compressor 3.5 for encoding in a variety of formats.
Logic Studio is priced at $499, and existing users can upgrade for $199. Apple will also be releasing an updated version of Logic Express, a slimmed-down version of Logic targeted at GarageBand users looking for additional tools, in August for $199.

Article Link: Apple Updates Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Server, and Logic Studio

derryquinn

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
I wonder if Phenomenon makes an appearance at last?

I'm pretty happy that both of these apps have been upgraded.

Ah and "OMG MARBLEZ LOLOLOL!!!1!"

EDIT: Dear lord, look at what I just found in the "Easy Exporting" video on Apple.com under Final cut "What's New"

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 207

Ade-iMac-177

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Has livetype been discontinued? i can't find anything about it. I am thinking it might have just been merged with Motion

Ade-iMac-177

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Livetype?

Has livetype been discontinued? i can't find anything about it. I am thinking it might have just been merged with Motion

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Blu-ray =)

I can see the future. Does Apple need to royalties in order to enable Blu-ray burning in their apps? If so then when are we getting it in the computers?

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
Let's hope they fixed all the ridiculous bugs from Logic 8, e.g. the overload errors when only a couple tracks were playing.

Teej guy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2007
Some nice updates to Logic. Lots of stuff for Guitarists.

Although they don't seem to be aiming this full version number update at working professionals, at by with looking at the initial marketing. We'll have to see how stable it is. If they haven't done some serious bug fixing and stability work, they might lose some pros with this one.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The updates overall a good, but I was expecting a little more, in particular in Final Cut and Color appearance. Native AVC-HD editing would have been nice as well.

In not a Blu-Ray pusher, but it's really pathetic that Apple has built Blu-Ray support into Compressor but you still can't create Blu-Ray in DVD Studio Pro. Even worse is the lack of Blu-Ray viewing.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
Burn but not Author

I can see the future. Does Apple need to royalties in order to enable Blu-ray burning in their apps? If so then when are we getting it in the computers?

If you burn to a BD-R or BD-R/W disk you have already paid (a license fee paid by the disc manufacturer).

If you want to Author a disk for commercial duplication, it's something like $4500.

Nice to see that FCS supports AVC HD to red laser (DVD burning) with playback in Blu-Ray devices. I just purchased Toast 10 Pro to do the samething.

I'm happy, albeit I wish that there was better AVC editing support other than log and transfer.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007

Looking at the Tech Specs & Requirements page, I reckon you're right about it being incorporated into Motion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.