Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 14, 2014, 01:05 PM   #801
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Magic View Post
Just want to go on record and say the new Sprint commercials are absolutely horrible. Hamsters and cartoon birds? Wow!
I totally agree with that! You can't take what works in Japan and just port it to America and expect it to work here.

Classic Sprint. Maybe Son has been infected by the Sprint culture instead of the other way around!
Old May 14, 2014, 02:53 PM   #802
EM2013
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Just want to go on record and say the new Sprint commercials are absolutely horrible. Hamsters and cartoon birds? Wow!
Yeah I agree. All commercials are horrible these days, I watch commercials on mute when I'm watching the nba playoffs.
EM2013 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 06:22 PM   #803
rockitdog
macrumors 65816

I recently heard that Sprint was going to start throttling it's high data users. So they'll be going from 1mbps to .5mbps.
rockitdog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 07:15 PM   #804
Black Magic
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
I totally agree with that! You can't take what works in Japan and just port it to America and expect it to work here.

Classic Sprint. Maybe Son has been infected by the Sprint culture instead of the other way around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2013 View Post
Yeah I agree. All commercials are horrible these days, I watch commercials on mute when I'm watching the nba playoffs.
Yea. They are so bad, it's embarrassing. Kevin Durant launches away? I would have fired the entire marketing team on the spot if that was presented in a board room.
Old May 14, 2014, 08:03 PM   #805
rambo47
macrumors regular

Quote:
Yea. They are so bad, it's embarrassing. Kevin Durant launches away? I would have fired the entire marketing team on the spot if that was presented in a board room.
I'm a former Sprint user who jumped ship to Verizon and I'm thrilled with the service on Big Red. Especially outside of big cities, Sprint's network is insanely bad. Some folks have posted awesome speeds on Sprint LTE but I've never been in range of LTE on Sprint. With Verizon I'm on it almost all the time, even out here in the wilds of Northern NJ.
rambo47 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2014, 09:07 PM   #806
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Well, here's the thing!

Masayoshi Son DID fire the ENTIRE marketing team when the Softbank/Sprint deal finalized!

These commercials were created AFTER that firing!

Go figure…
Old May 14, 2014, 10:36 PM   #807
Black Magic
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
Well, here's the thing!

Masayoshi Son DID fire the ENTIRE marketing team when the Softbank/Sprint deal finalized!

These commercials were created AFTER that firing!

Go figure…
That's freaking hilarious! The other commercials I don't remember really at all. So they weren't bad. These are just god awful.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
I'm a former Sprint user who jumped ship to Verizon and I'm thrilled with the service on Big Red. Especially outside of big cities, Sprint's network is insanely bad. Some folks have posted awesome speeds on Sprint LTE but I've never been in range of LTE on Sprint. With Verizon I'm on it almost all the time, even out here in the wilds of Northern NJ.
September, I'm going AT&T no if, ands, or buts about it.
Old May 15, 2014, 11:03 AM   #808
MsRandall
macrumors 6502

Over the weekend my sister got an iPhone5s when her iPhone4s died. Excellent price with her tradein-net price with Best Buy sale was $125ish after all the discounts, SHE LOVES 2 YEAR CONTRACTS.

So Im setting up her iPhone 5s yesterday and its bouncing from 3g to LTE every 2 seconds- after all was set up I ended up testing it- voice= great, immessage/text=great and data=horrible.

I begged her to jump on my Verizon plan for $40 a month- but she didnt want to buy her device full price....I cant believe Sprint in my area is stiiiillllll so bad.

I left Sprint 2 years ago after 16 years- never regretted it at all. Yesterday was a reminderr of their better network promises that dont pan out.
Old May 15, 2014, 12:48 PM   #809
djransom
macrumors 68040

Quote:
The commercial is pretty bad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone