Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ferny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Three times now while watching a Netflix movie my ATV has suddenly stopped playing the movie and displayed the following message -

"Your Apple TV isn't connected to the network"

When it say this I have to completely re-configure my wireless network settings. I have not experienced any other issues, not even stuttering. I have two MacBooks, two iPhones, one iPad and a MacMini all running off of the same wireless network. Those devices have never experienced a single problem on this wireless network.

Anyone else having this problem?

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Ferny said:
Three times now while watching a Netflix movie my ATV has suddenly stopped playing the movie and displayed the following message -

When it say this I have to completely re-configure my wireless network settings. I have not experienced any other issues, not even stuttering. I have two MacBooks, two iPhones, one iPad and a MacMini all running off of the same wireless network. Those devices have never experienced a single problem on this wireless network.

I would get it swapped out since you're not experiencing it with other apple devices.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
i wonder if it could possibly be from IP address conflicts?

are you aware of the signal level of the :apple:TV?

will normal movies streamed internally work?

fenixfire077

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
Did you happen to figure out the problem?

Hey, have you happened to solve the problem? I have been suffering from this same issue for months... :mad: Did you swap it out at the Apple Store?? IDK what to do, my signal strength is up there. I have noticed that when a friend uses her blackberry that I get the message "Your Apple TV isn't connected to the network", so that makes me think it could be an IP issue, but wth? Why would another device on the network obtain the same IP? Is this a normal occurrence? How would I even fix this? grrrrmeowwwoof

fenixfire077

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2011
Try placing your Apple Tv in a different location.

Hey, did you have this problem? Did this work for you? Call me lazy, but rearranging wires and junk behind the entertainment center is like, my last option hahhaa... well, besides the HDMI cable is only 3 or 4 feet I think... :confused:

macking104

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
California, USA
Random thought: have you tried setting a static IP in your router for the AppleTV to see if that eliminates other devices piggybacking on the same DHCP'd ip?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.