Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:24 PM   #1
waiting
macrumors member

how to delete photos from iPad 2?

I did a search and found the threads at the bottom, but they don't seem to address my situation:

I sync my iPad 2 w/an MBP running OS 10.5.8 and iTunes 10.2. I imported some photos from iPhoto, and tried to follow others' advice about how to remove them (iTunes -> Photos tab -> clicked on Selected albums and events...), but all of my events are greyed out -- I can't select or deselect them to try to remove them from my iPad, as advised in the threads below.

Any ideas on how I can remove individual photos and/or whole albums from my iPad 2?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=delete+photos

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...=delete+photos
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:31 PM   #2
TheWheelMan
macrumors 6502a

Did you select the option under the Photos tab that lets you individually manage them? All options are normally greyed out until you choose that option.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 08:47 PM   #3
waiting
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWheelMan View Post
Did you select the option under the Photos tab that lets you individually manage them?
(I think) I did, which is what's so confusing to me.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 09:25 PM   #4
TheWheelMan
macrumors 6502a

Is there a listing for Photos on the left hand side under the Library options (I'm on a PC, so hopefully iTunes isn't too different)? If you really want to delete the Photos from iTunes, and not just unsync them from the iPad, you would probably delete them from there. I don't have Photos in the Library, but I have none loaded into iTunes. The Library is where I have to go to delete Apps, Music, etc.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:41 PM   #5
waiting
macrumors member

acc. to Apple's user guide...

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

On p. 51, at the bottom, it says:

"Delete a photo: You can delete photos from the Saved Photos album, which contains photos you save from email or the web. For photos synced from your computer, you need to delete the photo from the album on your computer, then sync iPad again."

Is that really the only option? I may not have some of the original image files elsewhere for me to reload them later, if I delete them from iTunes. (I hope that I'm overlooking something.)

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting