Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sundance2007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
I have some photos ...that are not photos that I can not seem to delete. What happen was i was uploading some photos while synced and there was some kind of error and I got a "sync failed" error. I unchecked the sync photos box and the next time I re-sync everything went OK. But the photos on my ipad are now just blank boxes that I can not get rid of. (see image attached) I can not delete them from the ipad and they do not get removed when I sync with no photos selected and the check box unchecked.

Any ideas on how to get rid of these ....short of resetting my iPad.

Attachments

• Photo Mar 21, 5 57 21 PM.jpg
    Photo Mar 21, 5 57 21 PM.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 187

Sundance2007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
As far as I know they are not in any app. They are where ever the Ipad keeps photos.

Sundance2007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
You can only delete from the camera roll right? Not from the albums.

I don't know what you are talking about. These are files/images that I attempted to transfer from my computer to the ipad during sync., no app, no camera and I don't know what you mean by "from the camera rolls".

b0blndsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois
As you have synced the images you can delete those from itunes i.e sync the ipad with itunes and then delete the photos.

Another option might be this one:

In you attached screen image you can see an arrow on the top right. Tap on it and you will get the delete option.

Now you can select the photos that you want to delete from the ipad and tap on the delete button.

Sundance2007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
As you have synced the images you can delete those from itunes i.e sync the ipad with itunes and then delete the photos.

Tried, they do not show up, there is nothing there

Another option might be this one:

In you attached screen image you can see an arrow on the top right. Tap on it and you will get the delete option.

Now you can select the photos that you want to delete from the ipad and tap on the delete button.

Likewise they do not delete when working from the iPad.

When I plug in the iPad to sync it I get the message in shot1, but no photos are ever synced. When I unplug the iPad after sync I get a message saying there are un-synced photos do I want to remove them and I say yes but they are still there, see shot2. Also in shot2 notice I have chossen them but when I hit delete nothing happens. If I select any of the other images (ones with something there and not just a black box) they delete normal.

If I do a total reset and then restore with the backup on my PC (from iTunes sync) what will not be restored .....if anything, will I loose anything, purchased or free apps, contacts, setting, anything?. or will it be just as it is now ...and hopefully without the strange photo files.

Attachments

• shit1.jpg
    shit1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 93
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

b0blndsy

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2010
Illinois
I checked the second image its strange behavior.

If I do a total reset and then restore with the backup on my PC (from iTunes sync) what will not be restored .....if anything, will I loose anything, purchased or free apps, contacts, setting, anything?. or will it be just as it is now ...and hopefully without the strange photo files.

Just get the latest version of itunes and backup before you choose to restore. But I doubt that the strange blank pics will be there also, maybe you can give it a try and see if you are able to delete the files after restore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.