Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Cool. Seems totally legit.

I think the new iMac will look cool, and be cool(G4 baby), but iPhoto seems kinda like a waste of time. I guess for the average consumer, it wont be....those who have never even heard of photoshop. At least iTunes is an application that all users can use, lower or higher end users.

Bartman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
ignore the photo go to TIMECANADA

Ignore the crappy B&W photo at MacMinute, go see it at http://www.timecanada.com

$1,299 starting price?? Hope THATS a typo...

[Edited by Bartman on 01-06-2002 at 11:14 PM]

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Steve is going to be rather angry, one would imagine...

tubescan7777

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2001
steve is pissed

steve is gonna be so mad at time for blowing the bubble right before the show aroung 12 hours.

Tubescan

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
where are the antennas?

it looks like a jetsons television . . . . .

tubescan7777

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2001
no way this is real

if apple is letting time know about the mac thay would ahev said hold off i bet this is just one more thing i bet thay will pull it down and then realse somethingentierly diffrent

Tubescan

G

agreed

I'm sure the fact that Time's Canadian web site has the entire article is probably a big time goof.

it's too bad. :( Steve/Apple have worked so hard to keep this a secret.

This may also explain why Steve moved his keynote.

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Holy Cow!!

This info is being spread all over the place...I've already seen 3 other rumor sites with the pic and link!

TIME canada.com is being hit hard...it's becoming difficult to load the pages.

Steve's gonna FREAK. Unless he's got so much up his sleeve on Monday that he won't give a s*it about this little guy being revealed already.

(and, in my opinion, it looks sorta goofy...)

Ah, well...here's to that being just ONE of the many fun surprises at Macworld!

Scott

R

ROTLMAO

Hey Stevy babe -

I am laffin my freekin head off! That teeny weenie screen on top of a plastic dome.... hey doncha know that domes are major flops....look at the millenium dome in england :-D

If THAT is what's going to blow my socks off, well, lets say my tootsies are still cosy.

Hey, bud, best of luck tomorrow showing that thing with enthusiasm!

hehe.
really,
hehe

Bartman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
does THIS live up to the hype???

This certainly has a feeling of being real. TIME isn't Spymac and isn't known for hoaxes... and I doubt they'd play along with a disinformation campaign.

Given that, a G4 half sphere LCD iMac hardly lives up to the hype... so I hope Steve has (a whole lot) more up his black turtle necked sleeve.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
That's the DUMBEST looking iMac!

Egad! Thats HORRIBLE.

It looks like a kids toy! YUCK YUCK

BOO!!!!! BOO!!!!!!! BOOO!!!!!!! (Expo Preview)

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2002
you know what? . . . i have been wiggin' all week for tomorrow . . . and now i feel like i opened the presents the night before christmas . . . this sucks . . .

i had to log on just one more time . . . oh well, i hope there is more than this . . . . and i do think it will be very cool . . . who ever thought your mac might look like a desk lamp??

have fun. . . see ya tomorrow - i'm going to bed.

mcbane

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
I am not in the market for an imac, so imac's are not what I was looking forward to seeing tomorrow, but I think this thing looks pretty cool. What gets me really excited is that if the imac has a G4 in it, it seems like the chances of a G5 or a really boosted G4 apollo being announced tomorrow are much more likely. lets all cross our fingers.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
what about keyboard or mouse? or other imac stuff?

there may still be other suprises

i have just enough money for that 1299 imac

i already can burn dvds with my quicksilver... this imac would be perfect in my room though

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Yeah, I think it's pretty goofy looking to. Notice the date on the web article says January 14th. Whoops.

Gus

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Now, I'm an Aussie, and have nothing against Canada or Canadians.

But it would be funny if Apple's new slogan was "Blame Canada" with the South Park tune of the same name playing in the background! :D

I

iCinder

tomorrows tease on apple.com "You stupid f----s!!!! i'm gonna cut you up!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.