Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
That is damn cool in my opinion. Small screen? It looks like its 15".

[Edited by asurace on 01-06-2002 at 11:38 PM]

burger011

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Thats the coolest thing I've ever seen

that would sit on a desk. The screen floats, G4 and iDVD. I would buy one in a heart beat.

Is this the device that goes "way beyond the rumors"....because everyone and their mother was taking about an LCD iMac. Some where even saying G4s etc....

All in all thought, its very cool.

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!!!

I want one now! Where can I buy!!

So cool!

So what did you all say about my G4 iMac predictions....

Looks like we will get G5s too! G4 iMac with superdrives will kill powermac sales!

udannlin

macrumors member
May 8, 2001
California
I wouldnt buy one

then again, most of us who post on this site should be looking at powermac's rather than imacs. This may appeal to the general public who currently use PC's. The fact that it looks more like and appliance then a computer which works well with their digital hub strategy. Having it be more integrated to people's daily lives and routines so this thing may have more to offer such as television and PVR capabilities the record directly to a SuperDrive. It that is the case then some people may opt for a new iMac rather then a TiVo and a PC. Will it flop like the cube? this we wont know for another month or so...

pandafactory

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2001
Oops

So we all know about India and Pakistan, but suppose Apple has nuclear weapons too... If so, I fear that the portion of Canada within 200 miles of Time may be in for a bad day.

Argo1000

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
Get there quick!!!

If you've been stuck under a bulldozer and have NOT got to the TimeCanada.com site to see the full article and pics, get there ***NOW***

I can already hear Apple's pitbull lawyers on the phone to Time in NYC and Toronto, and I can tell you they're P*SSED! Heads will roll at Time Canada for this one.

Get there! THIS WILL BE GONE IN ONE HOUR!

GPTurismo

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2001
Montgomery, AL USA
I now wonder about G5s. Would they release two such major things at the same time?

BTW - I think they look nice. I am just worried about how durable that arm is.

A

AudiA4

Apparently no pen input, wireless tablet capabilities, or widescreen...

So...it's just a repackaged iMac? Oh well, at least it has a G4 AND superdrive. I was hoping for at least the touch screen aspect like the Sony Vaio. Of course, the article left out specifics (such as ram, speed, etc.), but you would think they would have mentioned those if they were available.

Sayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2002
Austin, TX
Where are the doors/ports at?

Will the DVD/CD drive tray hit the keyboard like the 6100's did? Apple at least made attempts with the Quicksilver case to blend the door tray into the whole machine so there is hope.

Are the plugs on the back end or the side? Tons of cables snaking around that thing, great.

Is it modular as far as the CPU and power supply like the Cube?

Its not looking all that great as a computer unless you like in a really tiny apartment (Europe/Japan) or are absolutely into form over function.

Maybe Steve and Jonathan are laughing in the Time-Canada photo is because they know this is gonna bust Apple?

These are mostly rhetorical questions so please don't get all your panties in a twist. This could be a complete sham too. Would Time really screw up so badly just a few hours before Expo?

There had better be a new G4 of some substantial speed increase or Apple won't be getting any of my money for a long long time. Thats ultimate what its about no matter how grandiose their ideas on a digital hub are.

Bartman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Re: Get there quick!!!

Originally posted by Argo1000
If you've been stuck under a bulldozer and have NOT got to the http://www.TimeCanada.com site to see the full article and pics, get there ***NOW***

I can already hear Apple's pitbull lawyers on the phone to Time in NYC and Toronto, and I can tell you they're P*SSED! Heads will roll at Time Canada for this one.

Maybe, maybe not... but it has been /.ed already.

I wonder if TimeCanada has ever seen this much traffic, then again, I wonder if they ever will again...

burger011

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
its interesting

that the article didn't mention ghz. As for blowing the story, I don't think thats the case.

Everyone new there was a new iMac comming. Thats not way beyond the rumor sites. I dont think Jobs would tell TIME everything. The reason, he knows people like to talk.

I think he has another trick up his sleeve. Why else would he add an hour to his speech? he's known all along about the new iMac. The only new thing is iPhoto and how long can that take to introduce...

There is something more..

macboy

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2001
TopPhoto_140102.jpg

TIME_cover_140102.jpg

DVD Drive is on the front of the base... you can kinda see it,

burger011

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Wires????

On the cover picture, I dont see any wires connecting the screen to the hub.....do you?

i_did

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
Re: Wires????

Originally posted by burger011
On the cover picture, I dont see any wires connecting the screen to the hub.....do you?

No, but I do see an arm. What do you want wires for? That would make no sense.

I

iJason

I want one!

SUPERDRIVE! 15" LCD and a G4! My dream just came true! (I could live without the look, but then again, look was never important to me anyway :)

Thanks, Steve! (Of course, there is still a chance that this might not be true, but at least I do not have to skip my first lecture of the new year tomorrow :) )

Then again, I will have to phone my local dealer to place an order... hmmmm....

Obsidian

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada
alright, attention please

incase everyone has forgotten, all of the articles, and the magazine are on TIME CANADA. the 'canadian' magazine posted the price point, so logically, the price must be $1299 canadian, right? sounds good to me

krafix

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2002
Montreal, Canada
So sad

I am soooo saaadddd. I wich I never checked the internet one last time before bed. I would have prefered a sleepless night. I am canadian. This is soooo saaaadddd.

Sorry Steve.

burger011

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
iDid

I dont want wires...

but it seems the screen and hub are seperate or am I looking at it wrong? To me it looks (and from what I understand from the article) the screen hooks onto the base. I think the article implies its separate.

if there seperate, something has to connect the screen to the hub.

Obsidian

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada

incase everyone has forgotten, all of the articles, and the magazine are on TIME CANADA. the 'canadian' magazine posted the price point, so logically, the price must be $1299 canadian, right? sounds good to me

note: the story is NOT on time.com, the american site

Obsidian

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada

note: the story is NOT on time.com, the american site

and may i add that HOLY GOD DAMN THIS SERVER IS SLOW RIGHT NOW!! i had to click post like a 100 times!!!

Argo1000

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2002
Get there quick!!!

If you've been stuck under a bulldozer and have NOT got to the TimeCanada.com site to see the full article and pics, get there ***NOW***

burger011

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
iDid

I dont want wires...

but it seems the screen and hub are seperate or am I looking at it wrong? To me it looks (and from what I understand from the article) the screen hooks onto the base. I think the article implies its separate.

if there seperate, something has to connect the screen to the hub.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.