|Jun 21, 2011, 01:49 AM||#1|
Move MS office to another Mac
for office 2011 :
- copy microsoft folder from older macs Applications folder To --> Applications folder (on target/new mac)
- copy ~Library/Application Support/microsoft folder to Target Mac
- copy ~Library/prefrences/*microsoft* to Target Mac
- copy ~Library/users/your_username/Library/preferences/*microsoft* to Target Mac
- Copy ~Library/users/your_username/Library/Application support/Microsoft to target Mac.
And voila ...MS office is now on your new Mac. Do note however that you must keep only one copy of MS office active post the move to avoid getting into any licensing trouble.
Last edited by iLoveiTunes; Jun 21, 2011 at 02:27 AM.
|Jun 22, 2011, 06:29 PM||#2|
You missed files installed in the main Library folder that are used by Office. It's always best to run the installer to get all files needed.
See this link for all files installed by Microsoft Office 2011.
|Jun 28, 2011, 12:04 AM||#3|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Migrating Transmission to another Mac - Headache||Minimum91||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||0||Nov 20, 2011 09:38 AM|
|Delete MS Office from Computer and Reinstall||iomar||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||4||Nov 18, 2010 07:11 AM|
|Moving One Application To Another Mac? [Solved! ;]||Orange™||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||20||Sep 8, 2010 03:56 PM|
|Moving MS Office to new computer||Bkxmnr||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||1||Aug 12, 2010 09:21 PM|
|moving microsoft office to another mac||stevehp||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||2||Dec 10, 2006 11:28 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.