Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jun 27, 2011, 06:25 PM   #1
itai
macrumors member

payments on iphone applications

Does anyone know why iphone applications such as amazon.com and myAT&T are not being charged by Apple the developer fee (30% or 40% can't remember) when making payments through them? For example, I can pay my AT&T bills or buy on the Amazon app, but Apple is not taking any share from it.

Thanks!
itai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 06:32 PM   #2
outphase
macrumors 65816

Because they're not In-App Purchases within the guidelines of the developer agreement. Neither of the things you mentioned add anything to the content of the app.
outphase is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2011, 06:36 PM   #3
itai
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outphase View Post
Because they're not In-App Purchases within the guidelines of the developer agreement. Neither of the things you mentioned add anything to the content of the app.
I see...so let's say I want to develop an app where users can use credits that they bough on the website. For example, I have a site for shoes, and you can buy them only if you first bug credits. Can you use these credits to buy a pair of shoes on the iphone without getting charged then? From your answer, it seems like this should not be a problem...right?

Could you please point me to the right place where this is stated? I really looked everywhere in their docs and could not find it.

Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 09:17 PM   #4
maflynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by itai View Post
Could you please point me to the right place where this is stated? I really looked everywhere in their docs and could not find it.
Start here developer.apple.com

All the documentation you need to produce an application can found there.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:28 PM   #5
itai
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
Start here developer.apple.com

All the documentation you need to produce an application can found there.
I read it all - they dont say anything about who needs it and who doesn't. Kinda of a bummer...
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:59 PM   #6
dejo

Did you read through the App Store Review Guidelines, especially the section on 'Purchasing and currencies'?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Tags
applications, iphone, payments